Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

5 hours ago, Strokes said:

Yeah I seen Keir Starmer said this too, where did he say you have to go back to work today? It’s just from today, they want people to start going back. There’s no consequences for taking a few days to sort things out.
It’s pathetic point scoring again to be even remotely upset by this, and I thought Starmer was going to support the government where he could. Not criticise at every opportunity like the new Twitter age warriors.

That’s a bit of statement? You are telling me there aren’t any boss’s across the uk who would of heard that and expected staff back to work today? I don’t remember the instructions being take a few days off to sort things out then get back to work, they were from tomorrow if you can’t work at home, get back to work. 

Also seems I may have been a bit kind on the guidelines by labelling them as only a bit confusing as in the last 24 hours it’s become apparent Dominic Raab and Andrew Bridgen certainly don’t understand them  😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I think that Boris does exude positivity at least and that is something that shouldn't be underestimated in a leader.  

Out of interest, which leader or politician, past or present, would you think most capable for this situation?  Just removing my blue tinted specs for a second, I think Blair might be someone who had the charisma and also a bit of a gravitas.

It smacked of a brief from one of your bosses just building up the workforce for what they’ve done and you just knew you were waiting for the inevitable sh!t at the end. 

Now I wasn’t expecting anything different but it did seem to pander to the lesser conscious elements of society. 

I appreciate he’s in a very difficult position and he has to at least try and appease the people who are getting tired of the situation. However I think while the restrictions are still strictly being enforced, he should adopt a stern tone with his announcements. 

I’m not anti-Boris and I’m definitely nowhere near as qualified as his PR advisors but that’s my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That’s a bit of statement? You are telling me there aren’t any boss’s across the uk who would of heard that and expected staff back to work today? I don’t remember the instructions being take a few days off to sort things out then get back to work, they were from tomorrow if you can’t work at home, get back to work. 

Also seems I may have been a bit kind on the guidelines by labelling them as only a bit confusing as in the last 24 hours it’s become apparent Dominic Raab and Andrew Bridgen certainly don’t understand them  😂

I never said there was an instruction to take a few days to sort things out (as there wasn’t that you must return on Monday) I said there is no consequence for it. 
If you can provide any evidence that anyone was demanded back to work at such short notice feel free to provide it. It just seems silly to get upset about something that hasn’t happened.

Just now, Strokes said:

I never said there was an instruction to take a few days to sort things out (as there wasn’t that you must return on Monday) I said there is no consequence for it. 
If you can provide any evidence that anyone was demanded back to work at such short notice feel free to provide it. It just seems silly to get upset about something that hasn’t happened.

How about you provide any evidence anything Boris Johnson said suggested there would be any less consequence than there usually would for not attending work.

For balance here as newspaper from the DAILY MAIL of all papers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8306539/Commuters-crowd-Tubes-Boris-Johnson-urges-Britons-work.html

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

How about you provide any evidence anything Boris Johnson said suggested there would be any less consequence than there usually would for not attending work.

For balance here as newspaper from the DAILY MAIL of all papers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8306539/Commuters-crowd-Tubes-Boris-Johnson-urges-Britons-work.html

I don’t need to provide evidence, boris said the word can return, not must.

Can

be able to.
"they can run fast"
    be permitted to.
    "you can use the phone if you want to"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Can

be able to.
"they can run fast"
    be permitted to.

So your gaffer isn’t arsed if you can attend work and you don’t then.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Can

be able to.
"they can run fast"
    be permitted to.

I'm sure he said that you "should" go back to work.

19 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There's a development near me where workers were back on site this morning as I walked by. They hadn't been there for weeks.

No way a few were working two metres apart either.

no consequence for not going to work hahaha, what planet do you live on

how about not getting paid and not having a job for much longer

Edited by ScouseFox

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hope tight ****er is topping your furlough up.

Unfortunately not, I’m not entitled to anything as I only went self employed this tax year. 
If I had work to go to, I would have been doing it regardless of lockdown. Unfortunately it’s been few and far between.

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

There's a development near me where workers were back on site this morning as I walked by. They hadn't been there for weeks.

No way a few were working two metres apart either.

Because they can't, as simple as that, the issue will be that if someone who has gone back to work and they contract the virus and die from from it , the firm will be responsible for not following/enforcing the 2 metre ruling and the argument of that worker may have caught it somewhere else won't wash because they wouldn't have had the virus before they went back to work so therefore they caught it at work.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Unfortunately not, I’m not entitled to anything as I only went self employed this tax year. 
If I had work to go to, I would have been doing it regardless of lockdown. Unfortunately it’s been few and far between.

Sorry to hear that that’s shit. Hope it starts picking up.

image.png.51167079612ad32b7c8f04cb7e93c0d6.png

That's exactly what he said regarding work.

It all seems a little rushed though.  I've seen people on train services this morning en masse and no visible protection and surely it's best to run COVID secure measures through employers first before just saying to people go to work if you can't work from home.

37 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

As most of her voters are to the English on a weekly basis.

Oh that makes it alright then. 

15 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

no consequence for not going to work hahaha, what planet do you live on

how about not getting paid and not having a job for much longer

Haha someone on Twitter said to me today that 'if your not happy with childcare [those who can't work cos they have kids] then don't go to work!' and also 'if you're employer expected you to go to work without anyone looking after your kids then maybe that job isn't for you!' 

As if you can just stroll in to another job these days with no difficulty at all lol lol

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

"active cases" still rising,

Is that because we're behind those other countries with our testing so we're finding more now as  our testing tries to catch up?