Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

I think a big issue with open messages from the government are going to be with various insurance coverage.

Firms are going to need a watertight ever reviewed risk assessment based on government advice to decide whether or not staff can come into work and the reasons behind the firm's decision. Otherwise insurance claims (whether thats public, employment, management, etc) may become invalid if a claim needs to be filed.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I agree with you on this. My daughter, aged 23, has been struggling with lockdown as she has Bi-Polar affective disorder and ADHD. Although she lives independently, she needs routine to stay stable. That routine has been severely disrupted by the lockdown. She did voluntary work in a charity café that helps people with mental health issues to do something that gives them stability and purpose. We see her when we can and distance ourselves but that isn't enough for her to help her feel supported by us. She needs more than that.

Without prying - how is she coping? I have had friends with it in the past (one of whom unfortunately had to be sectioned) and does she have a support network she can access?

She could also look at Furlonteer.com which is a volunteer website for furloughed people. 

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-britons-now-told-to-wear-face-masks-on-public-transport-heres-how-to-make-one-11986567

Well nice to see the PPE problem has been solved, sheer brilliance.

😂 Jesus Christ 

so we should wear masks but only ones we have made ourselves so that the ‘surgical ones’ can be kept for the NHS and care services. 

but there are types of disposable ‘surgical ones’ which are not medically suitable for professionals........and hundreds of millions of them already here. 

are we going to see see members of the public tutted for wearing these disposable products because they aren’t wearing a home made one ??  the disposable ones, whilst being unacceptable for nurses/carers are still better than a home made one in preventing virus from escaping your mouth/nose area .......

and if people have invested in a more secure Kn95 type to try to protect themselves then why should they feel guilty ???.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

In what way?

If you have a job that you can’t do from home then you are to get in contact with your employer 

Yeah I understand that from tonight’s coverage but last night that wasn’t the case. 

It’s changed in the emphasis of the employer making the decision on the safety of its employees. People being asked as employees in an inverted nature to contact their employer. 

I understand there are guidelines on their way in adapting workplaces to make them Covid 19 safe. It’s really gonna leave the door open when it’s comes to responsibilities and Workplace Regulations

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Wow..Just seen a Report on Care Homes where Councils &  NHS authorities,were telling the Care homes,they should take in hospital-released elderly Corvid-19 patients,with threats if they did not do so...!!!

I will wait on any critic,  foregone conclusions or opinions. Tomorrow evening there is a report on Sky-News at 8:00 pm..

Just now, Pliskin said:

I’ve just stuck 3 Lego bits up my bum. Am I allowed out to play with my mates?  

Only your very best mate and in the park, not round his house.

Oh, and no cheeky fags.

31 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yep, still scratching my head about workplaces tbh. His comments regards that were different from the published document this afternoon. 

The blokes just not an orator in live situations. He says what can be said in 10 words in 170

The government won't force people to go to work because they'll be responsible for deaths caused by it if anything happens, so they're basically shirking their responsibilities, if nothing serious happens they come out of it smelling of roses claiming they've kick started the economy, even though they haven't because peoples need to earn money will kick start the economy, if it goes tits up, they can blame employers for not being responsible for keeping workers apart. The country is being run by a bunch of clowns that have basically switched roles with the spitting image puppets that used to parody them, and these clowns know that pretty soon the country will be fvcked financially, 20 billion in fuel duty is probably the reason they want everyone to drive to work as they need to top the coffers up.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/11/top-experts-not-asked-approve-stay-alert-coronavirus-message-whitty-vallance

Not even consulting the science now it seems. Its worrying how dismissive our leaders seem of the science offered them. 

This week alone they've censored w sage report and done away with the process here. 

This isn't point scoring, before anyone decides to dismiss this concern, but real genuine worry that this is repeatedly  happening. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/11/top-experts-not-asked-approve-stay-alert-coronavirus-message-whitty-vallance

Not even consulting the science now it seems. Its worrying how dismissive our leaders seem of the science offered them. 

This week alone they've censored w sage report and done away with the process here. 

This isn't point scoring, before anyone decides to dismiss this concern, but real genuine worry that this is repeatedly  happening. 

Is it part of CMO or CSA’s remit to do “marketing” now? 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

They alluded to it in the conference tonight but I'm close to certain that a vaccine will work and close to certain that the Oxford one will work. Researchers don't use the language which they're using unless they're supremely confident and Sarah Gilbert, Andrew Pollard and John Bell all of the Jenner Institute all seem to be bigging up their vaccine. The bonus of the Oxford one is that if transmission is high we'll know if it works quicker, if it's lower then it'll take longer to know whether it's effective, but obviously there'll be lower numbers, so it's basically a no lose scenario. 

Completely agree with this re. the Oxford vaccine. 

6 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Unless you're a Royal Mail worker, in which case carry on as usual, with no PPE and no social distancing in your crowded work place. :thumbup:

I doubt many of us going back will be issued with covid related PPE sadly.