Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I doubt many of us going back will be issued with covid related PPE sadly.

mask ?  Gloves ?  I would be shocked if business can’t manage to provide these to their staff ...... if they don’t then they deserve to be ‘outed’ by those who work for them .....

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m happy to offer my services to have the vaccine tested on me. I was often having objects stuck up my bum by the school doctor...... parents evenings aren’t what they used to be. 

Well that’s a conversation stopper if ever I saw one

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

mask ?  Gloves ?  I would be shocked if business can’t manage to provide these to their staff ...... if they don’t then they deserve to be ‘outed’ by those who work for them .....

Would gimp masks be acceptable?  Just like Boris, your not be clear with your message, tut tut. :plancque:

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I really don’t think they will but would be happy to be wrong.

Ive not seen many key workers (apart from checkout staff) wearing much PPE..

24 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Unless you're a Royal Mail worker, in which case carry on as usual, with no PPE and no social distancing in your crowded work place. :thumbup:

just don’t turn up bro, your employer won’t mind :) 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

The advice has changed ..... most working environments won’t allow 2m distancing to be reliably enforced if at all. Employers will have to provide PPE or they won’t be able to open ....

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

The government won't force people to go to work because they'll be responsible for deaths caused by it if anything happens, so they're basically shirking their responsibilities, if nothing serious happens they come out of it smelling of roses claiming they've kick started the economy, even though they haven't because peoples need to earn money will kick start the economy, if it goes tits up, they can blame employers for not being responsible for keeping workers apart. The country is being run by a bunch of clowns that have basically switched roles with the spitting image puppets that used to parody them, and these clowns know that pretty soon the country will be fvcked financially, 20 billion in fuel duty is probably the reason they want everyone to drive to work as they need to top the coffers up.

The same government that initially ring fenced £8bn to secure people’s jobs and make sure they can pay bills but have since paid out over £46bn on the scheme, yep they really shirking their responsibility.

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m trying my new stand up, I’ve decided to Chuck my career in and become a stand up funny man. 

I tried it a few years ago mate.

My one and only gig was at a cigarette paper corporate event.

They were rolling in the aisles.

• Haha 1

To be fair I don't think the new guidelines are actually very confusing at all.

Boris has just somehow conspired to make it seem more confusing than it is. All that mumbling and bumbling can be hard to follow for very long.

Let's see how this goes. I do think it is the right thing to try to do, and I believe that it should work. We can't just wrap ourselves in cotton wool for a year and expect to have a functioning world to come back to. However, nothing is certain and perhaps I'll be proven wrong with a second spike. I do doubt it.

Must say that as much as I support the measures the government have brought in, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the fall out. 

Hopefully will shake things up a little politically.

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I wish someone would treat our media like that:jawdrop:lol

Saying nothing about the walking out, not sure casual racism and sexism is the way leaders should be addressing press conferences tbh.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2020 at 01:04, st albans fox said:

Tbf, not many have .....it’s a big anniversary @75 ......

Not having a go at you

but... how the fvck do we decide what a big anniversary is?

is it every 10 years... every 25... every 50... seriously, the marking of events based on if the number has a zero or five at the end is bullshit.

Guest MattP
3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Saying nothing about the walking out, not sure casual racism and sexism is the way leaders should be addressing press conferences tbh.

It's moronic, but where is the casual racism and sexism? :blink:

8 hours ago, Strokes said:

My employer has provided plenty of PPE and my staff have to wear masks at pretty much all times whilst in work. The only exception being if you are in a building on your own or work van alone.

i work in healthcare however hence why we’ve taken it so seriously so swings and roundabouts I guess

We know from s korea and Germany that effective and targeted testing is the way forward to control this thing

perhaps China’s data is now trustworthy if this is how they’re dealing with a new small cluster in Wuhan - 

They found six new cases in Wuhan so they’re planning to test eleven million people over the next ten days.