Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

That is coronavirus what you are describing. You should be self isolating either way.

1000's of people in this country have it and in most cases mildly, however most cases will not self isolate, they will be at work, down the pub, in the shops......spreading it around like butter on hot toast.

Few weeks time it will be absolute carnage in this country.

Unfortunately it hit me the day after the match, so if it is, I'd have been contagious without knowing or really showing it, especially as I had just got over a cold from the week before that I'd caught at work and felt quite well.

Can only think I've caught it from using public transport since for the past few weeks I've not gone out much apart from working, which entails catching 4 buses a day, if so, a lot of peeps will be falling ill this week/ next week too.

12 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Unfortunately it hit me the day after the match, so if it is, I'd have been contagious without knowing or really showing it, especially as I had just got over a cold from the week before that I'd caught at work and felt quite well.

Can only think I've caught it from using public transport since for the past few weeks I've not gone out much apart from working, which entails catching 4 buses a day, if so, a lot of peeps will be falling ill this week/ next week too.

What buses do you catch.

2 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

What buses do you catch.

47/48/54/54A/74/88/88A/25/26

Could have caught it on any of them since there have been a few peeps coughing on them when I've caught  the bus early in the morning, that is, if I do have it, could just be another bug going around at present.

Then again, this week there were far fewer peeps on the buses in the mornings.

Makes me wonder if I had a dose of it. Missed the Villa away cup match at the end of January as I suddenly felt like death with a sky high temperature and had a continuous cough throughout early February. Also felt like I was drowning in phlegm which the nurse just put down to sinusitis although I've had sinusitis before and it never felt like that. It then disappeared for a few days and I felt fine before coming back whilst I was at Abbey Park with the kids, I struggled to drive home and was ill for several days again. 

Edited by pds

Guest Kopfkino

This thread from one of the people in the group advising the government is very important. A lot of stuff out there about the UK stating herd immunity as its aim when it seems the reality is its just accepted as a consequence of the inevitable number of infections. 

25 minutes ago, pds said:

Makes me wonder if I had a dose of it. Missed the Villa away cup match at the end of January as I suddenly felt like death with a sky high temperature and had a continuous cough throughout early February. Also felt like I was drowning in phlegm which the nurse just put down to sinusitis although I've had sinusitis before and it never felt like that. It then disappeared for a few days and I felt fine before coming back whilst I was at Abbey Park with the kids, I struggled to drive home and was ill for several days again. 

Funnily enough I felt like dog shit at the Villa away cup game too.

We had hospitality so dragged myself along, but I’d worked from home for almost of that week feeling pretty shit. There was no runny nose with mine just a sore throat, dry cough and a fever. I also had a headache at the onset and I  never ever have headaches.

We’d just got back from Kraków the week before and flown into Birmingham airport so I’m starting to think there’s at least a small chance I’ve had it. Started to think this way after checking the symptoms and how a runny nose isn’t one of them.

Edited by Wet Trump

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

About to go to the supermarket, to, you know, buy normal food and stuff.

Crossing my fingers it's not full of twats OTHER THAN ME OF COURSE BEAT YOU TO IT

I was delighted this morning that in all the pasta shortage crisis HELL, my usual Chicken and Bacon Pasta Bowl as part of the £3.50 Co-Op Meal Deal was still fully in stock.

Just a shame it took 15 minutes to queue and buy with toilet roll flying about the place but a small price to pay.

1 minute ago, Wet Trump said:

Funnily enough I felt like dog shit at the Villa away cup game too.

We had hospitality so dragged myself along, but I’d worked from home for almost of that week feeling pretty shit. There was no runny nose with mine, sore throat, chesty cough and a fever.

We’d just got back from Kraków the week before and flown into Birmingham airport so I’m starting to think there’s at least a small chance I’ve had it. Started to think this way after checking the symptoms and how a runny nose isn’t one of them.

Yeah didn't have the runny nose either. Just an abundance of phlegm that I felt like I was choking on coupled with a sore throat. Unlikely I guess but has made me wonder. My kids have both subsequently been ill with fevers and coughs and my dad is currently on antibiotics for various things whilst also having a terrible cough.

46 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Let's not pretend that this government have been hiding the fact there would be a body count in attempting to reach herd immunity, they've been saying exactly that from the start.

The prime minister, Boris Johnson, said: “We have all got to be clear, this is the worst public health crisis for a generation. Some people compare it to seasonal flu. Alas, that is not right. Due to the lack of immunity this disease is more dangerous.

“It is going to spread further and I must level with you, I must level with the British public: many more families are going to lose loved ones before their time.”

Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer, said that worst-case scenario planning projected that 80% of the country would contract the virus, with a 1% mortality rate. This equates to more than 500,000 deaths.

There'll be a body count whatever is done, I think everyone's being realistic about that. The insinuation in the thing I heard last night was that the UK was pursuing a strategy that would result in a higher level of mortality than that adopted by some other countries

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Our final league position is the last thing on my mind atm. 

Ah I thought I was in the matches cancelled thread. It’s not on mine either I’m just speculating as there’s not much else to do.

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

The toilet paper scarcity is amazing to me. It's not even a pooey virus; what the hell goes through some people's heads?

Saw a pic online of a guy and his wife filling their pickup truck with it here. Apparently they have an online site where they are selling it at about 10 times the regular price.

Disgraceful.

Was none in the store I went to this morning. 

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

I was delighted this morning that in all the pasta shortage crisis HELL, my usual Chicken and Bacon Pasta Bowl as part of the £3.50 Co-Op Meal Deal was still fully in stock.

Just a shame it took 15 minutes to queue and buy with toilet roll flying about the place but a small price to pay.

This positive news is making me feel better about things already, and that's on top of Meridian McDonald's not being quite as spirit sappingly busy at lunchtime as usual

Just now, spacemunky said:

Saw a pic online of a guy and his wife filling their pickup truck with it here. Apparently they have an online site where they are selling it at about 10 times the regular price.

Disgraceful.

Was none in the store I went to this morning. 

People like that should have a real hard look at themselves. The panic buying is ludicrous, and was actively encouraged by the telegraph about a month ago. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

There'll be a body count whatever is done, I think everyone's being realistic about that. The insinuation in the thing I heard last night was that the UK was pursuing a strategy that would result in a higher level of mortality than that adopted by some other countries

We simply don't know that yet though.

As many experts have said, this won't be over in June. It will be over best case scenario Spring/Summer 2021 when a workable vaccine is mass produced.

We can't keep the country in lockdown for 18 months and while the measures in China/Italy might work short-term no one knows what's going to happen yet when those countries are taken out of lockdown. Worst case scenario is it could release an even more aggressive, infectious and/or deadly strain.

Edited by Sampson

4 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

i was under the impression the UK believes it will end up with less deaths because it gets most of the infections when nhs can cope and not have as severe further waves in autumn and next winter so uk deaths might look high in short run but not in long run

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Let's not pretend that this government have been hiding the fact there would be a body count in attempting to reach herd immunity, they've been saying exactly that from the start.

The prime minister, Boris Johnson, said: “We have all got to be clear, this is the worst public health crisis for a generation. Some people compare it to seasonal flu. Alas, that is not right. Due to the lack of immunity this disease is more dangerous.

“It is going to spread further and I must level with you, I must level with the British public: many more families are going to lose loved ones before their time.”

Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer, said that worst-case scenario planning projected that 80% of the country would contract the virus, with a 1% mortality rate. This equates to more than 500,000 deaths.

Over the next couple of years or so people will compare the outcomes of the various different strategies and it should be pretty obvious which ones worked and which ones didn’t.

• Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

t could release an even more aggressive, infectious and/or deadly strain as the virus desperately tries to evolve after being "starved of victims".

It could mutate yes, but viruses don’t have a brain or respond to lacking victims 

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Over the next couple of years or so people will compare the outcomes of the various different strategies and it should be pretty obvious which ones worked and which ones didn’t.

Definitely. 

I for one am interested in seeing just how our society in general, even away from the economy at large, deals with the level of social distancing that's being touted. I'm sure it will be alright for a short length of time, a few weeks or couple of months, but eventually people are gonna get bored as ****.