Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

9 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

It doesn't just harm the elderly,  in Italy young people are dying as well, the health care system has almost collapsed, doctors are choosing who lives and who dies, what as a country are we doing?  Nothing.

Young people with underlying issues. They've also found that taking anti inflammatorys can complicate it.

7 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Andrew Neil reporting that France set to impose 5 week long total lockdown

We're ok, our government want as many to be infected as possible to build up an immunity that they don't even know exists.

Great plan.

I'm just sick of the hysteria already. The level of panic, the level of coverage, it's just insane. I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned because we should. But the levels of hysteria we're seeing, you'd imagine people were dropping dead on every street corner.

Are there any further 'levels' we could 'unlock' from a coverage perspective for something more worthy? Where do we go from here to communicate the severity of something genuinely life threatening to a population? 

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I'm just sick of the hysteria already. The level of panic, the level of coverage, it's just insane. I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned because we should. But the levels or hysteria we're seeing, you'd imagine people were dropping dead on every street corner.

Are there any further 'levels' we could 'unlock' from a coverage perspective for something more worthy? Where do we go from here to communicate the severity of something genuinely life threatening to a population? 

I was just saying this at work. I don't think the constant news coverage helps. I had a news notification on my phone over the weekend that a 2nd person in Ireland had died from it, and I thought "I really don't need to know this". It won't change my approach to going about my day because an Irish person died. But some people will see that and panic and go out and buy another 24 pack of toilet roll and 4kg of rice.

• Like 1

Just now, Innovindil said:

****ing hell mate people have to eat. 

Exactly - so a total lockdown is never going to happen. And they moan about our government talking bollocks. Christ, if people are getting this hysterical over this outbreak, I hate to think what it'd be like if something emerged that actually had a high mortality rate attached to it.

Saw our postman walking towards our gates with a package, I went to walk up to take it from him and he stopped and took 3 or 4 steps back. He explained they have been told to keep at least 10' away from people. He said that there was no need to sign and that they have been asked to just mark Cov 19 on their pad! He put the item down and carried on.

In my job we go into some off the most unclean homes you can imagine and we've received F'all advice

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I was just saying this at work. I don't think the constant news coverage helps. I had a news notification on my phone over the weekend that a 2nd person in Ireland had died from it, and I thought "I really don't need to know this". It won't change my approach to going about my day because an Irish person died. But some people will see that and panic and go out and buy another 24 pack of toilet roll and 4kg of rice.

Gonna make for some interesting wills. 

To you all, we leave a split of our house. To our lovely Denise, we leave our 4,214 rolls of andrex. To Dave, we leave our 3 tonnes of asda brand long grain rice. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Imagine being arrogant enough to think your own assumptions hold more weight than the calculations of expert government advisors. lol

I don't get why our government experts know more than other government experts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I'm just sick of the hysteria already. The level of panic, the level of coverage, it's just insane. I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned because we should. But the levels of hysteria we're seeing, you'd imagine people were dropping dead on every street corner.

Yeah Defcon 1 🚨 

36 minutes ago, bmt said:

I don't get why our government experts know more than other government experts?

From what I've read from other countries it doesn't seem as though they are consulting experts. All it needs is a couple of countries to react to demand and then the rest to follow suit.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

From what I've read from other countries it doesn't seem as though they are consulting experts. All it needs is a couple of countries to react to demand and then the rest to follow suit.

The other countries are following official WHO guidance (and by extension the WHO experts).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I find that impossibly naïve to believe. Experts always disagree with other experts, and to me that is why everyone has the right to an opinion on this (although yes not all are equal).