Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lesta2014

The end game

I keep hearing we are building for the future with younger players etc but have been thinking? What is the end target? Champions league qualification? League cup? FA cup? Title chase? 

Myself, I just want to see us get better every year if that means we win a cup and get some champions league nights I’m over the moon! 

Does Rogers have a certain amount of team to achieve the end game?

again fully happy with him just a couple of things I’ve wondered about 

• Like 1

Surely just to keep on improving. There isn't any any goal I wouldn't have thought. 

Champs league, new training facilities and keeping the squad together means an extremely exciting future. 

Know one could have predicted our raise 15 years ago so no idea where we will be in 15 years from now, but all I know t will have highs and lows so just strap in and enjoy it. 

We are building a side that is able to compete in all competitions. The obvious end goal is to win thropies but we need to do be able to compete with the likes of Man City and Liverpool on a regular basis. 

I would say we are well ahead of schedule as we have competed in every competition so far and we've built a style of football under Rodgers which should mean success is more sustainable. We look to dominate teams home or away which gives us more chance of winning games, as opposed to a few years back where we had a low block and played on the counter, relying on the quality of Mahrez or Vardy. 

Short term priorities for me is keep this squad together and then try to add a few more players and see where that takes us. If we can do this then I can see success being sustainable for at least the next 2/3 years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I keep hearing we are building for the future with younger players etc but have been thinking? What is the end target? Champions league qualification? League cup? FA cup? Title chase? 

Myself, I just want to see us get better every year if that means we win a cup and get some champions league nights I’m over the moon! 

Does Rogers have a certain amount of team to achieve the end game?

again fully happy with him just a couple of things I’ve wondered about 

I would think Rodgers would want to put together the best team possible within the financial constraints of the club. That means developing and selling players with the occasional purchase to fill in what we can't develop. Champions league is a must as we need the money to continue to build the squad for competition on all four fronts.

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

"The End Game".

What a load of turd.

Absolutely. Maybe we can scapegoat Gray some more. As if I'm not sick of reading that crap. :plancque:

Feels frustrating that if we had this team in probably any other era than this one we'd be all conquering domestic champions. Liverpool and Manchester City are other worldly and it's f ucking shit. So glad we got the one league title in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Feels frustrating that if we had this team in probably any other era than this one we'd be all conquering domestic champions. Liverpool and Manchester City are other worldly and it's f ucking shit. So glad we got the one league title in.

The teams good, but not that good. You really think our current team would compete with the Man Us and Arsenals of previous years

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

These teams weren't built over night though. Klopps had 5 seasons to build Liverpool up to where it is. We seem to be on a good progressional path of our own. If we can keep improving each season on the team from the season before and buy into the winning philosophy Rodgers is trying to implement we may begin to close that gap yet.

Yes what Liverpool in particular have done is fantastic, but think where we were 7 or 8 seasons ago and where we are now. 

As a club owned by very business savy owners, there will be without doubt some "KPI's" (how i hate them!). They will be measurable but there would also be some other expectations

We know for a fact that CL qualification was a five year goal that was achieved early. Im sure that BR, Rudders etal will have been set expectations for the next 5 years.

If i were guessing what the owners would say it would be...

Title challengers

Continued CL qualification

Domestic Cup win/s

Consistent good cup runs (eg semis every year)

X number of wins/points per year

X number of players brought through the Academy

X $$ In Player sales

X Internationals

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 2

When king power came in, didn’t they say directly that the goal was to be regularly competing in Europe? I might be mistaken. But that seems like the only “end goal” that any team can have. Consistent performance at the top end of the table domestically and competing in the champions league means increasing income for the club and attracting better players. With the extra income you can afford to pay those players. You have seasons that are downers like all the top six (besides the obvious two) seem to be having right now. But that level of consistency that they typically have is what we should want. 

9 hours ago, TheCryptoPoet said:

World domination

I mean, you joke, but if any professional club is aspiring, long term, for anything less than being serial champions of Europe and the world, then why bother? 

I don't care if you're Liverpool or Tranmere, surely you're constantly looking to make your next improvement, then your next improvement, then your next... and so on. 

So, end goal? Obviously that. 

In the meantime, Rodgers is going to have short term goals which I assume are basically keep qualifying for Europe. I doubt that means top 4 every year, yet. 

I guess constantly finishing in the top 4/6, winning trophies, keep developing our youth and have a club that players want to come to and stay at. I’d be exceptionally happy with that, no ‘end game’ just continual development.