Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BristolBadger

Filip Benkovic - Bristol City Fan in peace

Good Morning Foxes, 

Bristol City fan here.  It looks as though we are close to signing Filip Benkovic on loan if you secure the signing of Ryan Bennett. 

I've got to admit, I don't know a lot about him apart from the fact he cost you £13m.  I was wondering if I could have a little bit more information on the sort of player he is and what his attitude is like. 

Thanks guys. 

He has an excellent reputation from his time in Scotland, with some of their fans saying he was the most impressive CB they had seen at the club since Van Dijk. So no pressure then! He is physically strong and tall, can read the game well and is an excellent passer of the ball.

Problem is he had a number of injury problems up there, and seemingly wasn't able to get up to full fitness in pre-season here. He has played less than 180 minutes combined for us so far. Possibly not even 90.

Honestly we all hope he absolutely smashes it with you guys so we can incorporate him into the first team as Wes Morgan's successor next season. He was brought as the same time as Soyuncu with Maguire expected to go to Man United. Soyuncu has turned out to be one of the breakout players of this season, though he was brought for approximately twice the price as Benkovic. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Not sure how fit he is but he was terrific for Celtic, both domestically and when he stepped up in Europe, strolled through games, biggest assets are his range of passing and ability to read the game, never looks flustered.  I hope he does well at Bristol as he seemed a very likeable lad a Celtic and really bought into the club.  If he's fit and firing he'll stroll it in the Championship.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Nothing personal to you Bristolbadger but it drives me mad seeing....

“I come in peace” or words to that effect.

Why do opposing fans always feel the need to start topics like that, including ours that go into other fans forums.

it’s not real life and death, or the potential of war about to occur.

sorry to digress.

To be honest, I'm the same haha. 

I even asked myself why when I was writing it! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BristolBadger said:

To be honest, I'm the same haha. 

I even asked myself why when I was writing it! 

The first time I ever heard it was on toy story 😂 but have seen it in these forums so many times. Just curious why people put it.

as I say nothing personal to you at all, and thank you for not taking it negatively 👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

The first time I ever heard it was on toy story 😂 but have seen it in these forums so many times. Just curious why people put it.

as I say nothing personal to you at all, and thank you for not taking it negatively 👍

Nah of course not.  I didn't read it in a negative way.  I think its just the nature and perception of football isn't it.  Its like someone stepping on someone else's turf. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BristolBadger said:

Good Morning Foxes, 

Bristol City fan here.  It looks as though we are close to signing Filip Benkovic on loan if you secure the signing of Ryan Bennett. 

I've got to admit, I don't know a lot about him apart from the fact he cost you £13m.  I was wondering if I could have a little bit more information on the sort of player he is and what his attitude is like. 

Thanks guys. 

Sorry can't help apart from he came back from Scotland injured and we've literally only seen him for a few minutes playing for us.

59 minutes ago, BristolBadger said:

I was wondering if I could have a little bit more information on the sort of player he is and what his attitude is like. 

Firstly, hello and welcome.

To answer your question, you're probably as knowledgeable as we are. We've hardly seen him. Looks decent enough on the ball and likes to play out, but we've not really seen him tested defensively. What he's had to do, he's done without any major qualms. What else can one say? One for the future perhaps, as the saying goes. There are suggestions of him being injury prone but I personally don't think there's anything (yet) to suggest he is any more so than one might expect. Suggestions also that he can disappear in a battle (based on some games in the SPL) but, again, we've not really seen that as he's hardly had a run out for us.

If anything, we'll be looking for your opinion when he comes back to us! lol