Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BristolBadger

Filip Benkovic - Bristol City Fan in peace

How good is your medical team?

if you can keep him fit he’ll do great for you.

loaning him out to Celtic was a good and bad move. Yes he got well blooded and turned into a good player but his injuries caught upto him to the point he couldn’t play much anymore.

of course he arrived back with us eventually in one piece but it took ages getting him match fit again. Once he was ready he got crocked again! Good luck to Bristol

5 minutes ago, BristolBadger said:

Who? 

Sorry mate - couldn't resist it. Used to have a girlfriend who was a Rovers fan. Quite a girl ('fun-loving' as the euphemism has it).

Had a soft spot for them ever since.

Also used to share a flat with one of your lot. Bit of a div to be honest, but I'm sure you're a wonderful human being..,

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

Nothing personal to you Bristolbadger but it drives me mad seeing....

“I come in peace” or words to that effect.

Why do opposing fans always feel the need to start topics like that, including ours that go into other fans forums.

it’s not real life and death, or the potential of war about to occur.

sorry to digress.

It’s because there’s so many absolute melts who will start spouting about how crap a team is or their ground or basically anything negative for the sake of it.

9 minutes ago, Manini said:

“Bristol City fan here - I think you’re all a bunch of ****ing plumbs, your town is a shithole, your ground is crap, your manager is a perm-a-tan willy puller, Jamie Vardy is a chav and James Maddison is a wet flannel....anyway nice to meet you all, tell me about Benkovic?” 

I’d prefer it to be honest. 

>_<

I've worked with a few Celtic fans and I remember a debate in a pub on who was better at Celtic, Benkovic or Van Dijk. They all said Benkovic. No joke

He played so well for them apparantely. They wanted to sign benko but once they saw Rodgers going to Leicester they knew Benko was gonna go back and stay at Leicester.

Its why I really want to see Benko play for us in the prem. So a loan to a team fighting for promotion is a good fit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

It’s because there’s so many absolute melts who will start spouting about how crap a team is or their ground or basically anything negative for the sake of it.

Maybe those fans should start with...

”I come for war”” 😀

1 hour ago, Manini said:

“Bristol City fan here - I think you’re all a bunch of ****ing plumbs, your town is a shithole, your ground is crap, your manager is a perm-a-tan willy puller, Jamie Vardy is a chav and James Maddison is a wet flannel....anyway nice to meet you all, tell me about Benkovic?” 

I’d prefer it to be honest. 

Leicester fans talk about our own club like that we don’t need anyone else to help😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Nothing personal to you Bristolbadger but it drives me mad seeing....

“I come in peace” or words to that effect.

Why do opposing fans always feel the need to start topics like that, including ours that go into other fans forums.

it’s not real life and death, or the potential of war about to occur.

sorry to digress.

Maybe cause the last time he was on here was the Nicky Maynard thread 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Not sure how fit he is but he was terrific for Celtic, both domestically and when he stepped up in Europe, strolled through games, biggest assets are his range of passing and ability to read the game, never looks flustered.  I hope he does well at Bristol as he seemed a very likeable lad a Celtic and really bought into the club.  If he's fit and firing he'll stroll it in the Championship.

There’s two clubs in Bristol. Urgh. So annoying.

It is true, we’ve hardly seen him play. But from what we’ve heard of him he is a bit like a rolls royce. Seems to be really aware of his positioning, very comfortable on the ball and is an all round tidy player. He does always look like he’s about to pull up though, but I guess that’s the pace he plays at. We have high hopes for him here, so hopefully he can get a string of games under his belt injury free! Do report back and let us know how he is doing! 

Hope he smashes it down in Bristol. Would love it if we contribute towards the Snotters missing out on a play off place. 

Respect to Bristol City for lighting up Ashton Gate in Royal Blue with our badge in condolence after we lost Vichai. Never forgotten. Thank you. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Hard to say..hes only played half a game for us in the FA cup v Wigan.

But the Celtic fans raved about him when he was on loan there...if he overcomes his injury problems he could be a very good player

Well I saw him play against Fleetwood last season too. He was a second half substitute, and looked, as he does, the business...

We signed Benkovic and it was a gas
Soon turned out he was made of glass
Celtic said he’s the real thing, only to find

He came back to us, but couldn’t get in the side

Please tell us what you see on loan, lot of potential and very exciting prospect. Needs to stay fit and toughen up a little. Eye for a pass, dominant in air and reads game well. That’s as much as I know (on top of writing crappy songs) 

• Haha 2