Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BristolBadger

Filip Benkovic - Bristol City Fan in peace

Was very impressed with his performance against wigan. I assume Brendan rates him very highly as he wants him to go out on loan to get regular football rather than bench warming here. No-one will displace the evans/soyuncu partnership as it stands so we have brought in cover so he can get the game time he needs. He's got big game experience with celtic so he won't be fazed.

He will be a big player for you and he will be hungry for game time. I think you've done well to get him in.

• Like 1

Unfortunately a shitty plastic pitch caused his first injury in Scotland and he has not really recovered from that.  Hopefully he keeps fit and will shine against much tougher Championship opponents, as opposed to the likes of Ross County and the Arbroath Smokies.  Please do keep us informed of his progress.  I think you will enjoy his talents and send him back to us ready to go next season.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, BristolBadger said:

As promised, I said I would give updates on Filip Benkovic.  He started for us last night in our 3-2 victory over Wayne Rooneys Derby County.  He had a solid game.  Scored and really looks like a fantastic player.  Composed on the ball, wins everything. 
Considering he's not had much game time, it looks as though you've got a great player there.   

Thanks!

1 hour ago, BristolBadger said:

As promised, I said I would give updates on Filip Benkovic.  He started for us last night in our 3-2 victory over Wayne Rooneys Derby County.  He had a solid game.  Scored and really looks like a fantastic player.  Composed on the ball, wins everything. 
Considering he's not had much game time, it looks as though you've got a great player there.   

Who do you think you are giving this lad game time before coming to a conclusion on him?!

get out!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BristolBadger said:

Should be a great player for you. Many on here, including myself expected him to go straight into the first team when he returned from Celtic.Unfortunately for him his injuries and the form of Soyuncu put a halt to that possibility. 

He's going to need to shake off some rust, but the reports from Celtic were that he was the best cb theyd had since Van D before the injury.

7 hours ago, BristolBadger said:

Glad to hear this. If he does half as wel for your club as he did mine then you’ll have won a watch!

16 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Glad to hear this. If he does half as wel for your club as he did mine then you’ll have won a watch!

Had to google that phrase, not heard of it before.

First result:

https://www.dsl.ac.uk/entry/snd/sndns4073

E4F68DB5-3F7C-44CC-8FD0-74DAD3CA49D5.jpeg

...Have they actually used Celtic and LCFC as an example in an official dictionary.. What are the chances of that!! lol

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1