Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City Post match thread

Three things stood out for me today:

1) The Premier League and their partners (Sky, sponsors etc) are damned if little f****** Leicester City are going to infiltrate their Big Six party. And they don’t care how brazenly they go about ensuring that we are put back in our place.

2) Vardy has got his fitness back but not his form.

3) We are half the team without Ndidi.

• Like 4

Something still seems off with us, certain players aren't showing up as they were earlier in the season. The next four games are massive now against relegation threatened teams, they'll be fighting and we've only beaten a half arsed West Ham and a injury hit Newcastle since Christmas I'm not confident.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

well you managed to use it just then, without using it ? 

Don t worry,his argument has got holes in it,

gets easily cheesed Off und finishes Next or on the pickle...That comes *from*age*rie

Hard to whey up,and curdles when trying to Mix it...and gets easily board.

Since his loss,become what stilton.

KInd of enjoyed it football wise providing it doesn't affect the end of season.

Selection looked spot on Fuchs did a job on Mahrez 99% but the lad is top class/different class.

My worry was Madison looked a bit over whelmed and Chilwell faded at the end but deserved a point.Praet was decent think we will be OK

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Ricardo got bulldozed all game

Maddison completely invisible 

Tielemans fvcking wasteful

Vardy what is going on?

VAR is a complete shambles

Iheanacho the only positive and he played a half for **** sake.

Starting to look completely unworthy of a CL spot. 

Riccy was brilliant. Maddison dangerous. Youri a little wasteful but made some key passes including the lovely one where Vardy hit the post. Vardy is in a run of poor form but he was less than an inch away from scoring tonight. Fine margins. 

Nacho was brilliant. Bloody Eddison.

Just on today's performance we are miles better than Chelsea and Spurs  so I don't know what you mean by  "unworthy".

Happy the fixtures get a bit easier now. 

• Like 2

Not read any posts so apologies if anything repeated. 

Think we were good for a point (at least) until about 75mins when we just seemed to let the tiredness take over. Tielemans looked shot after that point - couldn't get his legs working at all. We seemed to be up against it at that point and Man City had too much quality and energy to get through us. How we let Mahrez run through us and give him the freedom of the city is beyond me. We play with any defensive midfielder (I know the situation) and that gets stopped.

Shame we missed our chances and good openings - Vardy hitting the post, the few times Ricardo and Barnes broke free on the right hand side. Just couldn't find the right pass to finish it off. 

What pisses me off though, as I'm sure we all are, is the VAR decisions. David Coote was the VAR ref for the Lo Celso incident which was retrospectively corrected (in theory anyway). How he gets another game after that embarrassment is a joke. He stayed true to form though of course. The KDB and the Ederson incidents so blatantly portray his incapability as a referee or VAR ref. Shocking decisions from him. Really don't see how he gets another game for a while. But no doubt he'll be back in action and under intense scrutiny next weekend. Too many times referees get off without any responsibility or being held culpable which affect not only them, but the teams they officiate on. It's embarrassing all round.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SixtiesFox said:

Tough one to assess. First half we more than matched them and, but for a poor/unlucky finish from Vardy and a blatant penalty not given, we could/should have been two up at halftime. Second half our game plan went out of the window, in large part because we lost Nacho. Barnes is not a like-for-like replacement and we were completely outplayed as a result. Could Rodgers have changed things? Perhaps, perhaps not. For me, I think it's less a case of a lack of tactical nous on his part, more an indication that we have a threadbare squad that will need substantial reinforcement if we do make the CL next season.

I agree I feel losing Nacho was a turning point. I thought the first half was even and just on chances we may have shaved it.

I'm fairly buoyed by the performance, annoyance at officials aside. 

12 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I thought we played well, apart from chillwell who was his usual useless self

Thought he was better today, played in the front foot anticipating stuff instead of reacting he’s a much better player. He did that a couple of times today, he just consistently needs to do that and he will be one hell of a player

I thought we did quite well today against a very talented team, you just can't ignore the quality and experience of their team compared to ours. Praet did very well for me and Iheanacho made a good contribution and far more influential than Perez. 

Negativity speaking I have to say Tielemans looked poor, not nearly as fit as his counterparts, slow, wasteful and complete liability on a couple of occasions.