Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cheese

Optimism

I'd consider myself quite a pessimistic/ superstitious supporter ever since I got stuck in a toilet cubicle Vs Man City.

I am concerned we may be on a downward spiral, I just hope our gap between 5th is enough. I am hoping some of you on this forum can inspire some hope and enthusiasm in me.

Cheese AKA Dennis

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The team played fantastic against Man City, and Ndidi is back soon. Our fixtures ease, and our form is deceptive.

A voice of reason on FT.....incoming ban.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Hey long time no see Cheese!! :D

I was livid yesterday, still am today, but trying to look at the bright sight of life, I'm thinking, surely the players, BR and staff saw what we saw, I mean shocking VAR/referee (in)decisions against us in the first half, combined with what happened later (the penalty against us given while ours (DeBruyne) wasn't) the big club bias couldn't be more obious. My hope is that instead of hanging their heads down and sulk because of the injustice, our players will do the contrary. Get agitated, furious even, try harder, won't wither. I thought they gave a good show yesterday, especially in the first half. That's something to build on. 

Also

!!!!

Edited by Chester Dontlie

I actually thought most of our players had a decent game to be honest when compared to recent games. I thought Praet was excellent (baring the obvious incident) Ricky was brilliant going forward. Nacho had a great first touch and did well to spin his defender a few times. It was a shame he got punched in the face and had to be substituted at half time. Thought Fuchs, Evans and Cags were pretty solid. Tielemans was awful and Vardy, although slightly better was pretty poor. His back heel for me was so frustrating. Madders had a bit of a mixed game. Made some good runs and a few good passes. 

I think our main problem at the moment is decision making. We make the wrong pass far too many times, we pass back when we have space forward far too many times. Also I just didn't understand taking of Praet (our best player) for Barnes instead of Tielemans (our worst player). BR does make some strange decisions at times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

. Also I just didn't understand taking of Praet (our best player) for Barnes instead of Tielemans (our worst player). BR does make some strange decisions at times. 

Barnes came on after half time to replace Ian not Praet. James replaced Praet after 85 mins so almost a full game.

I do agree Tilly was below par but he's still young. We need to give a lot of our young squad time. It ain't gonna happen overnight.

Confident we will do well next year. 

• Like 2

I'm full of optimism. We have an amazing chance to get into the champions league. We have a young squad, most of whom are still learning how to deal with big games. Rodgers should be here for at least a couple of more seasons, and it should be an interesting summer transfer window. Onwards and upwards..

Lets look at the the last 11 games where we picked up 12 points.

Norwich H 1-1 - Poor performance against the worst side in the league

Man C A 1-3 - Timid performance. Chilwell had a mare. Should have lost by more.

Liverpool H 0-4 - Horrendous performance from start to finish. Totally outclassed and outfought.

W Ham A 2-1 - Solid performance and big effort from a much changed XI

Newcastle A 3-0 - As above really. Very solid performance just with more control

Southampton H 1-2 - Outplayed. Saints had chances to get many more than they did.

Burnley A 1-2 - Deceptively good performance just bad variance against us. Missed pen and they took what minimal chances they had. Frustrating goals to concede.

W Ham H 4-1 - Good performance. Poor opposition but barring a little spell after HT we were dominant.

Chelsea H 2-2 - Good performance. Had enough chances to win. Frustrating goals to concede.

Wolves A 0-0 - Pretty poor performance creatively but we defended superbly and its a solid away point.

Man C H 0-1 - Good performance especially first half and if VAR did its job story could have been different.

I feel like ignoring the first 3 makes for much happier reading. Southampton was a horror show in the middle but this 'dip' would be far more concerning if we werent putting in good performances in recent times. Normally doing the right things consistently eventually brings its rewards so lets hope thats the case. We're still in a wonderful position of strength and now a nice run of games where we can solidify that position of strength if we keep the levels up.

We’ve been fine since the start of this month. Chelsea we were excellent and should have won if for Barnes/penalty decision. Wolves was always going to be tricky. Last night we were 75 minutes very good until we made a single mistake which got picked on. 

We just gotta keep at it. The semi final loss has obvs hurt us but we will get a gritty win from some where which will sort us out 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The team played fantastic against Man City, and Ndidi is back soon. Our fixtures ease, and our form is deceptive.

I also thought we played very well vs Chelsea after a slow start. We dug in for a decent point away at Wolves too, I think a couple of wins in the next few games and we will understand that we have navigated our way through a period of inconsistency and tough fixtures. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I also thought we played very well vs Chelsea after a slow start. We dug in for a decent point away at Wolves too, I think a couple of wins in the next few games and we will understand that we have navigated our way through a period of inconsistency and tough fixtures. 

Agree. Would be nice to finish the year off in some nice form

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

Have you found your inflatable dinosaur yet?

When City are back in Europe I want to see an inflatable Red Leicester cheese and a Melton Mowbray pork pie.

There is far too much pessimism on FT recently.

I think Gardiola got it right when he acknowledged that he had got three points from a very difficult fixture. A decent rub of the green and it could easily have gone the other way.

If Brendan is setting any kind of target it might be to equal or better the 2016 points haul, even if this only secures third place.

3 hours ago, shanetko said:

Lets look at the the last 11 games where we picked up 12 points.

Norwich H 1-1 - Poor performance against the worst side in the league

Man C A 1-3 - Timid performance. Chilwell had a mare. Should have lost by more.

Liverpool H 0-4 - Horrendous performance from start to finish. Totally outclassed and outfought.

W Ham A 2-1 - Solid performance and big effort from a much changed XI

Newcastle A 3-0 - As above really. Very solid performance just with more control

Southampton H 1-2 - Outplayed. Saints had chances to get many more than they did.

Burnley A 1-2 - Deceptively good performance just bad variance against us. Missed pen and they took what minimal chances they had. Frustrating goals to concede.

W Ham H 4-1 - Good performance. Poor opposition but barring a little spell after HT we were dominant.

Chelsea H 2-2 - Good performance. Had enough chances to win. Frustrating goals to concede.

Wolves A 0-0 - Pretty poor performance creatively but we defended superbly and its a solid away point.

Man C H 0-1 - Good performance especially first half and if VAR did its job story could have been different.

I feel like ignoring the first 3 makes for much happier reading. Southampton was a horror show in the middle but this 'dip' would be far more concerning if we werent putting in good performances in recent times. Normally doing the right things consistently eventually brings its rewards so lets hope thats the case. We're still in a wonderful position of strength and now a nice run of games where we can solidify that position of strength if we keep the levels up.

I look at the table...yesterdays Wins or losses,even performances, are in the past...Team & manager get payed to weigh up and analyse,the past games,to see

the way forward...For me its about the Next game,und Hope to hold ,or gain that ground accordingly.

This is a young team,so Wobbles ,the twists and turns und frustrations of form,individuals or Team come with the package.

WE were hoping to be chasing Top 6...so that 3rd-4th level...!!

Well !! We suprised a few,including ourselves(fans) we have Jumped in,and no 'Smash n Grab'  competing already this season

for that 2nd level, of playing for CL. places 2-4th.  I would expect a more Layed back attitude,und Not the contrary negatives attacking individual players.

Even the manager

I prefer,support & encouragement through the whole season & prepared to have periods through the season of frustrating Reverse results and performances.

People forget any occasional ,even Periodic Frustration is different because its 'happening' ,at such a high level,

we only Dreamed about, even in the past 4 seasons.

Since our promotion,its the small steps,and the large bounds,thanks to the owners,but also the playing staff we have acquired,or developed,that I am enjoying.

Leicester City - life is in a Great Place at the moment...So Why bother to go on haunts and Chase negatives,over weeks or even months during the season.

And the booing from some,I have only contempt...they are so disconected from the club,the game,and the evolving small achievements & steps we are making..

Like Spurs,we have a Limited finance,and even less  catchment area. but we we are mixing it with the Big boys...

I always said, we should Not worry about results against the Big names ( We have achieved the Double over some,then got relegated),but See we find a consistent

system,that enables is to get big points against our competitive "also rans"  plus those cunning ,fighting relegation candidates.

We can then  compete regularly for those Top 6-2nd places.Hoping Maybe to get another smuggled season,by earning again the title...

The atmosphere sometimes on this forum in matchthread & post match threads ,including individual Player threads too often goes too far OTT ,dipping into negative toxicity...Despite their negative morose rantings over this or that ideas of failure,we are easily Qualifying for 6th,

and in a comfortable position to achieve top 3..!!

The owners ,took us through fearless, struggling but ambitious group, into Now  a team to be feared & respected...  !!

With still further developments that will Naturally Take place...

Fans can Criticise by all means,but Don t create a fishermans wifes campaign of cackle..!!! and look at the bigger Pictures of the strides,

Present ( Maybe near future) players,und Club have made......