Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Brendan Rodgers 38 Premier League Games

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

So over 38 games BR has us finishing higher than all but a couple of previous seasons in our entire history and there are still some grumbles on here?

Some really don’t know how bloody good we’ve got it at the moment and it won’t be until we are back in a relegation dog fight one day that people will look back and day Perez and Chilwell we’re actually pretty good.

we've been in relegation form for 3 months

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He has done remarkably here. The last few months haven't been great but teams with massive resources compared to us have been way worse. If you consider that we are currently playing with 2 players that a lot of our fans dont think are at the quality of the rest of the team, it means that we will improve with new players in the summer. Just to put into context, we have a team chasing us that has spent well around 200m on 5 players in the last year and with 5 wins, we finish above them. Brendon has been brilliant and I hope that whatever happens for the rest of the season, we appreciate that we have a great manager. 

We need a fluke last minute winner of Iheanachos arse to get our season going again or something like that. Something stupid like that where it’s either really undeserved or stupid or totally controversial. Nothing will change my mind on it. 

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

We need a fluke last minute winner of Iheanachos arse to get our season going again or something like that. Something stupid like that where it’s either really undeserved or stupid or totally controversial. Nothing will change my mind on it. 

Sure VAR would fine some excuse to rule it out.

21 minutes ago, Bert said:

Controversial goals are harder to come by these days, annoyingly we needed that ripper from Kel to stand on Friday as I think we'd have seen the game out and it would have been a huge 3 points. Villa on Monday is going to be horrible, we have a lot of retribution to dish out though and I hope we can finally turn up to a game that has quite a lot riding on it and emotion.

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Some people really need to realise it's ok to be concerned at the current form and exhibit constructive criticism all the while still being fully behind the manager and his plan going forward.

Nail on head. Constructive criticism is not something fans are generally good at, especially in the wake of a single result.

We've had a poor 2-3 months generally, and questions rightly must be asked, but when you're third in the table I do find it hard to be as vein-popping angry as some of our fan base.

28 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Aren't some of those matches for Celtic?

Sorry for self-quoting but...

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

BRENDAN RODGERS: 38 Premier League games, one full season at LCFC 

• Like 2

Completely irrelevant stats given it goes back into last season, no idea why people waste their time with this stuff. 

Sure some of the people saying this proves how great he is were moaning when others used a select amount of Puel's games which included his great start to exaggerate his quality.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, ealingfox said:

Completely irrelevant stats given it goes back into last season, no idea why people waste their time with this stuff. 

Sure some of the people saying this proves how great he is were moaning when others used a select amount of Puel's games which included his great start to exaggerate his quality.

Indeed.

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

He's been in charge for exactly 12 months, a season's worth of Premier League games, it gives an overview of what has happened.

It was posted so people can see the stats and draw their own conclusions.

FWIW...

Here's how Rodgers compares with Puel's FIRST 38 PL games. 

Leicester have won 17 more points, scored 12 more, conceded 24 fewer (GD swing of +36) 

BR 1.76ppg vs CP 1.32ppg

Here's how Rodgers compares with Puel's FINAL 38 PL games.

Leicester have won 23 more points, scored 22 more and conceded 20 fewer (GD swing of +42)

BR 1.76ppg vs CP 1.15ppg

@ealingfox I enjoy "wasting my time" with this stuff lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's been in charge for exactly 12 months, a season's worth of Premier League games, it gives an overview of what has happened.

It was posted so people can see the stats and draw their own conclusions.

FWIW...

Here's how Rodgers compares with Puel's FIRST 38 PL games. 

Leicester have won 17 more points, scored 12 more, conceded 24 fewer (GD swing of +36) 

BR 1.76ppg vs CP 1.32ppg

Here's how Rodgers compares with Puel's FINAL 38 PL games.

Leicester have won 23 more points, scored 22 more and conceded 20 fewer (GD swing of +42)

BR 1.76ppg vs CP 1.15ppg

@ealingfox I enjoy "wasting my time" with this stuff lol

Draw their own conclusions about what? The last 10 results of last season have absolutely no bearing on us now.

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Draw their own conclusions about what? The last 10 results of last season have absolutely no bearing on us now.

As I said, it's an OVERVIEW of 12 months to see our progression (good or bad).

It's absolutely fine that it doesn't interest you (although it interests you enough to moan about it) but others may find it interesting, which is why it was posted.

Have a lovely day x

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

As I said, it's an OVERVIEW of 12 months to see our progression (good or bad).

It's absolutely fine that it doesn't interest you (although it interests you enough to moan about it) but others may find it interesting, which is why it was posted.

Have a lovely day x

I'm not disputing that it's an overview, not sure why you've repeated that as if I've misunderstood it. Drawing conclusions was a phrase you used, not me.

If I didnt know any better I'd say you were getting a bit twitchy.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'm not disputing that it's an overview, not sure why you've repeated that as if I've misunderstood it. Drawing conclusions was a phrase you used, not me.

If I didnt know any better I'd say you were getting a bit twitchy.

Twitchy? About what? You've lost me there.

He's had a year in charge, the papers wrote big pieces last week about the club's progress in that time as they generally do when there's an anniversary, I've posted the PL stats.

Not sure why you're getting so wound up about it but relax and have a lovely day x

• Like 1