Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Brendan Rodgers 38 Premier League Games

41 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I can agree with most of that, certainly he should have the rest of the season absolutely no question.  What I want to see is if he is capable of turning this round, as we have been figured out.

I hope he can, I also hope he realises this squad is nowhere near as good as it was first thought and our recruitment in the summer is crucial to trying to build on the fortunate position we are likely to be in at the end of the season if we get that top 4 spot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope he can, I also hope he realises this squad is nowhere near as good as it was first thought and our recruitment in the summer is crucial to trying to build on the fortunate position we are likely to be in at the end of the season if we get that top 4 spot.

With Congerton's feet now under the table I expect the good recruitment ship has sailed sadly.

• Haha 1

Something is seriously awry with our beloved Leicester City. On the face of it not much has changed and we should still be pretty much bang at it. Couple of injuries. Maybe Ndidi really is The One. To be honest we have been utter tripe for months, however I’m not paid millions to manage the mess, so over to you Brendan. Sort it out mate, you’re beginning to look like a cnut. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Thinking that the current downturn is less concerning because we won a few dead rubbers at the back end of last season is not viewing a bigger picture with some measured perspective.

I didn't say the current downturn is less concerning because we won 'a few dead rubbers' at the back end of last season.

But never mind.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yeah and who cares about winning the league in 2016?

You're starting to sound like Forest fans who remind us of 1977/78.

From you're comment I guess you're not aware that Brendan wasn't our manager in 2016. You're talking about his past and I'm pointing out that it doesn't matter what he did in the past it's the next 10 games that are important.

If he loses the next 10 you'll be after his blood like you were after Puel's.

58 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

With the exception of the top two teams, I would say that we have very good strength in depth compared to most of our counterparts. They too have had their fair share of injuries, tiredness, fixture congestion and tiredness, some more so due to european commitments.  Some managers manage their squads better than others including varying tactics and formations that are most suitable for the players available on the pitch.

Exactly, case in point manager at Wolves. Has done a brilliant job with the team he has and the amount of games they have played. There appears to be no tiredness there

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

You're starting to sound like Forest fans who remind us of 1977/78.

From you're comment I guess you're not aware that Brendan wasn't our manager in 2016. You're talking about his past and I'm pointing out that it doesn't matter what he did in the past it's the next 10 games that are important.

If he loses the next 10 you'll be after his blood like you were after Puel's.

Might suggest you are off target here..... 

(Although the bit about Puel...)

Your sentiment also does not seem shared by plenty of the forum as there are a few threads about a certain Mr Pearson...

I have to admit I am concerned about our recruitment. It is rumoured that the reason we could not aquire players in the winter was due to FIFA fair play. If that is the case why are we offering new contracts to the likes of Morgan who is probably on a high wage. We could probably get a much better needed type player than him. Coaching role for 1/10 of the wage ok but not a players wage

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

So over 38 games BR has us finishing higher than all but a couple of previous seasons in our entire history and there are still some grumbles on here?

Some really don’t know how bloody good we’ve got it at the moment and it won’t be until we are back in a relegation dog fight one day that people will look back and day Perez and Chilwell we’re actually pretty good.

Yes. Going to games now we've been inconsistent for the past two/three months. I went all the way to Norwich on Friday night, so I'll say we were bad, against a side bottom of the league who have only scored two penalties since New Years Day. 

Criticism is part of parcel. Without it how are we going forwards? If we're good, I'll say we're good. And if we're bad, I'll say we're bad. In my opinion we've put in 4 or 5 good performances out of the last 12 games. And that's not good enough.

The whole "we're xx in the league and you're moaning" is rubbish. In fact it's more annoying than criticism itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Yes. Going to games now we've been inconsistent for the past two/three months. I went all the way to Norwich on Friday night, so I'll say we were bad, against a side bottom of the league who have only scored two penalties since New Years Day. 

Criticism is part of parcel. Without it how are we going forwards? If we're good, I'll say we're good. And if we're bad, I'll say we're bad. In my opinion we've put in 4 or 5 good performances out of the last 12 games. And that's not good enough.

The whole "we're xx in the league and you're moaning" is rubbish. In fact it's more annoying than criticism itself.

Criticism is fine, especially when performances are below par. It’s the xx is shit. Rodgers out. We are shit etc which is not criticism is just wild statements. 
A huge difference between saying for example I think Rodgers got his subs wrong tonight and we should have brought on Gray, this is fine. Rodgers is a crap and needs replacing not okay.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Criticism is fine, especially when performances are below par. It’s the xx is shit. Rodgers out. We are shit etc which is not criticism is just wild statements. 
A huge difference between saying for example I think Rodgers got his subs wrong tonight and we should have brought on Gray, this is fine. Rodgers is a crap and needs replacing not okay.

I cannot disagree with that.

There has to be some perspective and where Rodgers has got us (overachieving being in third and I'd love us to finish top three) but also criticism about general performances/subs/tactics/players is also okay for me.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

There has to be some perspective and where Rodgers has got us (overachieving being in third and I'd love us to finish top three) but also criticism about general performances/subs/tactics/players is also okay for me.

The Voice Of Reason :appl:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

I have to admit I am concerned about our recruitment. It is rumoured that the reason we could not aquire players in the winter was due to FIFA fair play. If that is the case why are we offering new contracts to the likes of Morgan who is probably on a high wage. We could probably get a much better needed type player than him. Coaching role for 1/10 of the wage ok but not a players wage

That’s the same as 15/16 then ..... didn’t work out too badly in the end .....

20 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

This is the nail on the head.  There is a trend of on here of extremism both ways I've noticed.  On one side of fence those that demand that manager walks after a single poor result or performance and on the other side a band that get aghast at any form of criticism of manager, player or whatever else because you were playing in the third tier in 2008.  Both of these views are of course ridiculous. 

Some people really need to realise it's ok to be concerned at the current form and exhibit constructive criticism all the while still being fully behind the manager and his plan going forward.

On Foxestalk? :jawdrop: Never! ...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Well that's not the case is it, just have a think about it. A) we were prepared to pay £30-40m in the closing days of the summer transfer window for James Tarkowski but thankfully didn't. B) we bid £25m for Demiral in January and it was rejected and we were considering a higher bid before he got injured.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well that's not the case is it, just have a think about it. A) we were prepared to pay £30-40m in the closing days of the summer transfer window for James Tarkowski but thankfully didn't. B) we bid £25m for Demiral in January and it was rejected and we were considering a higher bid before he got injured.

You don’t know this for certain ..... arsenal have briefed the media for years about buying players they have no real interest in, just to keep the fans happy!  

proof of the pudding and all that ....

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You don’t know this for certain ..... arsenal have briefed the media for years about buying players they have no real interest in, just to keep the fans happy!  

proof of the pudding and all that ....

It's a fair assumption old bean, John Percy tends not to be wrong very often.