Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

UEFA Nations League 20-21

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I appreciate that, especially with the latter players. But Pope/Henderson I genuinely don't understand. Pickford has been awful all year, yet neither of others are given a sniff. You never improve as a national team if we don't try other players. Almost feel players like Ings and Grealish deserve a proper opportunity to prove themselves rather than a few minutes here and there 

There's another thing though, someone will probably say otherwise but I can't think of a time where Pickford has been poor for England. You have to take that into consideration, yeah his Everton form is sketchy and the situation with two other very good keepers make his inclusion look worse than it actually is. If Ings had scored 5 goals in these two games and then didn't score for Southampton before the next round of internationals, he'd be called up based on his recent England form which is fair enough.

11 minutes ago, shen said:

Gerrard might be tempted.
Lampard is probably not going to leave Chelsea on his own accord.

Klinsmann has some pedigree.

Rafa Benitez will not last in China.

Pochettino obviously.

Eddie Howe, because why not?

Basically get someone in with a plan and footballing approach that will get the best out of England's undoubtedly talented squad.

Klinsmann getting the US men to the World Cup round of 16 was good going.  (ended controversially, but don't most coaching runs?)

Given the talent available, this England "product" is criminal.  Iceland v Belgium has been much more entertaining.

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Why are people watching this it’s only a friendly? Nothing better to do? 

I’m not

I watched the first half and gave it up

Now watching ‘The Fall’ on Netflix

Utterly brilliant 

7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

There's another thing though, someone will probably say otherwise but I can't think of a time where Pickford has been poor for England. You have to take that into consideration, yeah his Everton form is sketchy and the situation with two other very good keepers make his inclusion look worse than it actually is. If Ings had scored 5 goals in these two games and then didn't score for Southampton before the next round of internationals, he'd be called up based on his recent England form which is fair enough.

You're spot on that Southgate isn't wrong to not show faith in Pickford, but surely in a 2 game window it can't hurt to rotate once? Your points aren't wrong, I just think Southgate is being poor by not rotating or giving others an opportunity. It's come back to haunt us a few times, Vardy retiring and when Kane isn't firing we have no one. 

7 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Klinsmann getting the US men to the World Cup round of 16 was good going.  (ended controversially, but don't most coaching runs?)

Given the talent available, this England "product" is criminal.  Iceland v Belgium has been much more entertaining.

...Not to mention helping to rejuvenate a Germany side for the 2006 WC.

Yes, there is undoubtedly some great talent in the squad, but there are also positions where England are very average.

Edited by shen

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Southgate should have had foden and Greenwood’s prozzies on the bench, give us a bit of entertainment. 

Haven't you heard mate? They were two 'students' that Foden and Greenwood met in the 'park'. Nothing to see here.