Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

UEFA Nations League 20-21

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

It was like watching us play

I get the idea of possession football, play the ball about and pull the opposition out of position, but if you're well organised and stay in position it's easy to defend against. Sometimes you just have to take a chance, take a player on, cross the ball in and hope, have a shot and hope for a deflection.Just be a little more direct sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep, said at the time Vardy was completely right, and he obviously was.

We wonder why we have no strikers for when Kane drops form, when Southgate gives our best strikers barely any time. 

Time and time again players of a certain age must ask themselves why they bother travelling with England to sit on a bench. 

Belgium have an incredibly talented squad yet manage to rotate. 

Kane is a strange player, a prolific goalscorer, scores some belting goals but really isn't that exciting to watch. When he's off form he looks so ungainly and clunky too.

As said above, Vardy did the right thing walking away. Traipsing around Europe to sit on the bench just isn't worth it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

He's coming on now but I totally agree, I'm not sure what point Southgate is trying to prove sometimes. It's as though, unless you're a consummate pro with absolutely zero personality then you're not trusted. Anyone who dares to have any sort of maverick streak in them is sidelined. Why else would you have Kane as captain and keep him on when he's been absolutely appalling for 166 minutes over two games. Why else would you pick Eric ****ing Dier?

You don't pick unpredictable, flair players and then you can't break down packed defences. The two things may be linked Gareth.

My heart sinks every time I see Dier in an England shirt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I get the idea of possession football, play the ball about and pull the opposition out of position, but if you're well organised and stay in position it's easy to defend against. Sometimes you just have to take a chance, take a player on, cross the ball in and hope, have a shot and hope for a deflection.Just be a little more direct sometimes. 

Sounds like your talking about Leicester