Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

UEFA Nations League 20-21

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Playing Ings wouldn't have made any difference, we barely created a chance.

Less about the creation of chances for this one, a player has his best ever season and isn't even given a decent opportunity to prove he deserves a space in the squad. We wonder why we look clueless when we seem against giving opportunities to other players

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

He’s shit I don’t think that’s a big revelation tbf 

It says it all that successful and struggling clubs never come in for him. Apart from being English what has he done to deserve that job ? People may talk about the u21s but then even Peter Taylor did well with them.

Edited by dnewty

Southgate as with all British managers suffer from a permanent crippling bout of safety first syndrome.

That line up tonight was disgusting. Unacceptable to pick a defensive line up like that against a team like Denmark. The honeymoon from the world cup is over, get him gone, get Boothroyd gone as well as every single board member from the FA. The minute the national team stops getting treated like a cash cow and a jobs for the boys scheme maybe just maybe we might see England actually win something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Less about the creation of chances for this one, a player has his best ever season and isn't even given a decent opportunity to prove he deserves a space in the squad. We wonder why we look clueless when we seem against giving opportunities to other players

And I've said it for years, a player like Kane, who will never be dropped, will get injured just before a tournament, and we'll panic as we have no striker available with more than half an hour of international football experience and we'll rush a half fit Kane back to underperform. Happens every few years. Beckham, Rooney etc. We need to start trying other options, especially when the tried and tested isn't working.

• Like 2

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Don't you only qualify for the final stage if you win your group?

Yet we've just settled for a 0-0 at a ground Belgium just won at.

Doing that tonight infuriates me more than going for it and losing.

But it gives us a better chance of qualifying than losing and it is a results business.

6 debuts in 2 matches and the players aren't match sharp yet, no point being hyper critical, crap as it was.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

But it gives us a better chance of qualifying than losing and it is a results business.

6 debuts in 2 matches and the players aren't match sharp yet, no point being hyper critical, crap as it was.

We've put pressure on ourselves for Belgium now though. I'd understand if it was say, top two went through, but that was just so negative, even despite the lack of match sharpness surely we could've tried a bit harder to win that.

Guest Col city fan

It looks like the English FA circus is going to start again

There’s no point....

The FA is run by fat old men who like expensive lunches and to pat each other’s backs at every opportunity 

Southgate is the perfect fall guy. He’s polite, he’s politically correct... he won’t cause a scene

He’ll be well happy cos he can earn more money than he will ever need in two lifetimes let alone one.

At some point he’ll be thrown under a bus and we’ll all miss the crucial point that the issue isn’t the managers, it’s the FA

Without radical overhaul of this archaic institution which is essentially a big boys club, nowt will change.

I’ll not be at all surprised if the next incumbent is Eddie Howe. What have he and Southgate got in common? Neither have won fook all in management.

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And I've said it for years, a player like Kane, who will never be dropped, will get injured just before a tournament, and we'll panic as we have no striker available with more than half an hour of international football experience and we'll rush a half fit Kane back to underperform. Happens every few years. Beckham, Rooney etc. We need to start trying other options, especially when the tried and tested isn't working.

We set ourselves up to get into these ridiculous situations. We could've easily subbed Kane from 60 mins, taken off Phillips and brought on Ings and Abraham to be given a chance up top together. We need to give players chances or they'll simply retire or be unintegrated in the squad. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure of all the major nations Luis Enrique would be the only manager at a decent level in the Euros next year. Koeman is gone, Roberto Martinez has always been an idiot, Löw is finished and France won the WC despite Deschamps not because of him. Get Wenger in and bin the boy scout leader sooner rather than later.

When you talk of prospective managers for England it's really quite telling how little pull the job has anymore. I mean I suppose that's why Southgate got it in the first place. Where would Southgate get a job at club level? I reckon takes over Fulham in December with them 18th, finishes 19th, is sacked.

Someone earlier in the thread said Pochettino. I'd actually lose faith in him by default if he took the England job lol it's sad really but it just hasn't got that pull anymore.

tbh Ive losted the interest in watching England games atm, with Southgate going back on what he said about picking players on form etc, when he hasnt, Ings had a great season and he got 22 mins in 2 games, Pickford ahead of Pope.

there is a reason Southgate isnt linked with big club jobs, as said, hes a crap manager, he probably only got the england job as hes a Yes man and did a reasonable jb with the U21's

think Big Sam would have done better if he stayed in the job longer too

39 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbh Ive losted the interest in watching England games atm, with Southgate going back on what he said about picking players on form etc, when he hasnt, Ings had a great season and he got 22 mins in 2 games, Pickford ahead of Pope.

there is a reason Southgate isnt linked with big club jobs, as said, hes a crap manager, he probably only got the england job as hes a Yes man and did a reasonable jb with the U21's

think Big Sam would have done better if he stayed in the job longer too

I was right with you until that last terrible sentence. 

I stopped watching at half time, that's never happened to me before. Just had a text from my son saying the 1st half was the best half with the Grealish run in the box the highlight of the game lol

21 minutes ago, davieG said:

I stopped watching at half time, that's never happened to me before. Just had a text from my son saying the 1st half was the best half with the Grealish run in the box the highlight of the game lol

It was shocking, southgate feeling the need to pack the defence against Denmark is a worry... leaving any creative players that are available out. Just no midfield at all! There are injuries and what not but no excuse for that rubbish.