Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

UEFA Nations League 20-21

10 hours ago, Webbo said:

But it gives us a better chance of qualifying than losing and it is a results business.

6 debuts in 2 matches and the players aren't match sharp yet, no point being hyper critical, crap as it was.

Our games and Ireland's games (two other teams whose players are all at English clubs, running on the English calendar) were the same. 

Debuts, players missing, slow, boring, like pre season friendlies which is ultimately what they are. 

People just getting fitness for the new season. These players all care more about their clubs than the Nations League and even me, being reasonably country before club, couldn't argue with that. 

England are gonna piss any actual qualifying group they're in, you'll never NEED the Nations League anyway. 

Edit: that said, Southgate is still a terrible manager and you'll win **** all with him. 

Edited by Finnegan

If Rodgers tanks this season and blows his chances of getting a huge job with a club, I can see him as the next England manager. 

Southgate has fluked it so far hasn't he? I cannot believe that grown men, let alone actual managers think that playing midfielders consisting only of CDMs will produce anything other than an own goal.

Also, I think that no crowds are producing more low-scoring games. There's no-one to give them a kick up the arse when it's petering out to a 0-0.

Edited by RonnieTodger

9 hours ago, surrifox said:

The sort of selection that Southgate would see as edgy and innovative - hasn’t got a clue 

Genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if that was done to sell shirts in Leeds. Huge city where almost everyone buys the Leeds kits. 

It caused a stir amongst Leeds fans that he was picked, it was almost as if they were a League 2 side and a local lad had been called up. 

That’s a cynical view because he did have a great season but had he played for a promoted Reading or Brentford, I don’t think he’d have received the call.

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if that was done to sell shirts in Leeds. Huge city where almost everyone buys the Leeds kits. 

It caused a stir amongst Leeds fans that he was picked, it was almost as if they were a League 2 side and a local lad had been called up. 

That’s a cynical view because he did have a great season but had he played for a promoted Reading or Brentford, I don’t think he’d have received the call.

That is a bit far fetched buddy! 😂😂😂, I’m pretty much sure he wasn’t picked, just for the sale England kits in leeds🤣, i think the real reason is Southgate is a shite manager and doesn’t have a clue 😂

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Tuna said:

100% they give it to Eddie Howe if he's available when Gareth gets sacked.

And if they do the merry go round will start all over again

I’m bored of it

I currently have zero interest in the English National team and the fact that Southgate is only interested in Southgate

ie ‘don’t lose don’t lose don’t lose’

What about just saying fook all that and put out a side who can just go and have a bit of fun. Express themselves rather than being hamstrung by these don’t lose at all costs tactics

It’s completely switched me off

Former England striker 'gets why Jamie Vardy retired' after Gareth Southgate's selection
Leicester City forward Jamie Vardy stepped down from Three Lions duty after the 2018 World Cup after starting just 13 of the 36 games in which he was included in the squad

ByJordan Blackwell
11:00, 9 SEP 2020

Former Premier League striker Darren Bent has said Jamie Vardy’s decision to retire from England duty has been justified by Danny Ings’ lack of game-time in the recent round of Nations League fixtures.

England played out a bore draw with Denmark on Tuesday night – Kasper Schmeichel keeping a clean sheet thanks to a late goal-line clearance from his team-mate – which followed their stuttering 1-0 win over Iceland.

On Tuesday night, Ings was an unused substitute, meaning he was handed just 22 minutes of pitch-time by Gareth Southgate across the two fixtures.

The striker had been recalled to the England squad after a 22-goal season for Southampton, putting him second behind Vardy in the Golden Boot race.

But that did not help him see much action, despite England’s struggles in attack, prompting Bent to say: “I get why Jamie Vardy retired now, Danny Ings has the season of his life and gets 22 mins in two games.”

Vardy stepped down from England duty in 2018 to spend more time with his family during the season, with the City talisman flying around the continent, more often than not to sit on the bench.

In his three years in the Three Lions set-up, Vardy started 13 games, came on as a substitute 13 times, and was left on the bench on 10 occasions, with the City forward unable to get significant game-time with Harry Kane in a starting role.

The recent round of internationals was the first time England had not included a City player in their squad since Vardy was first included in 2015.

Guest Col city fan

Im pretty sure Kane could be filmed by the paparazzi having sex with an orangutan and he’d still be first on the teamsheet

Southgate’s media response:

’Well the primate WAS giving him the come-on and he DOES play for Spurs’.....