Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Izzet: I Owe So Much To Leicester

10 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Yeah and he tried to leave 3 or 4 times.

Just because he was stuck here when we went down doesn't mean we should overlook things like that. He wanted out

That doesn't diminish his status for me.  We were a shit show and he was a top half PL player.  I don't begrudge him wanting to stay in the Premier League.  Its not like he was hanging around airports or going on strike.  I never questioned his commitment on the pitch.

I think, even as a dyed in the wool Leicester fan, if I were in his position, I would want to leave Adam's Taylor-made shambles of a team to stay in the Premier League.  Can't blame Muzzy for wanting that too.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, murphy said:

That doesn't diminish his status for me.  We were a shit show and he was a top half PL player.  I don't begrudge him wanting to stay in the Premier League.  Its not like he was hanging around airports or going on strike.  I never questioned his commitment on the pitch.

I think, even as a dyed in the wool Leicester fan, if I were in his position, I would want to leave Taylor's shambles of a team to stay in the Premier League.  Can't blame Muzzy for wanting that too.

I hear you, i was more referring to how people paint this picture that he stayed through thick and thin out of loyalty for the club.

• Like 1

He scored a fair amount of headed goals for a fairly small bloke.

On the subject of his loyalty, it's clear he wanted to go at certain points- he was too good for us as mentioned. His wages were very high too. But his commitment on the field was exemplary- in his last two seasons (a First Division season and a relegation) he was probably our most influential player and gave everything to the cause.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

He scored a fair amount of headed goals for a fairly small bloke.

On the subject of his loyalty, it's clear he wanted to go at certain points- he was too good for us as mentioned. His wages were very high too. But his commitment on the field was exemplary- in his last two seasons (a First Division season and a relegation) he was probably our most influential player and gave everything to the cause.

I think this goes some way to the annoyance. 

On the one hand he says he loves us and owes us so much, on the other he tried to get away multiple times. One does not imply the other.