Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Overrated players

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

How has Benzema ended up in here? I can't think of a more under-rated player. Could be just me but I hardly ever seem to read a good word about the bloke and he's been starting up front for Real Madrid for years. He can't be that bad.

I meant so underrated that people pick up on it, catches on he is underrated and then overrate him as per the original comment. He gets heaps of praise for being selfless, the glue holding their attack together etc and it's all true, but anyone moderately talented striker with a presence able to hold the ball up and bring the wide forwards into play could have fitted into their teams and done just as good a job I reckon.

On 18/04/2020 at 14:54, Fox92 said:

His contribution to us was massive over the course of two good seasons. Not a legend for me, more of a hero.

That time he dribbled (more bulldozed) his way through the Derby defence to win a corner then go mental at the Kop :wub:

23 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Gray (outside of Leicester)

Maguire (fee)

Pickford (should never be England's no.1)

To be fair to Pickford he was England's best keeper going into the last world cup and was rightly England first choice keeper as a result. Hasn't played that well since then admittedly.

On 18/04/2020 at 15:58, pmcla26 said:

Declan Rice

Felipe Anderson 

Alex Iwobi 

Mason Mount (overhyped but could be a very good player in years to come) 

Phil Foden (as above) 

Jordan Henderson (this season anyway, if he gets PFA player of the year then the award means nothing, not even been England’s best midfielder in the Premier League this season with Grealish and Maddison miles ahead) 

Nathan Ake 

Harry Maguire (Both glorified because they can pass the ball so means they should cost £100 million, we all know Maguire’s decent and I like Ake but neither are £80 million defenders like one costs and the other is touted) 

and the big one 

Harry Kane. 

Leicester Bias , dislike on all Things Spurs,put to the side....

Harry Kane,is a Good consistent Top class Goal-scorer.

He does his job better than most,he Sticks it in the Net !!!!even when Spurs Play below Media expectations.Even England, that matter

So on this SHF hes Definitely underrated...!!!  But like I Post regularly,this forum cant Pick a player...:)

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Yes I can take all those things in to account and agree that he’s a top class goal scorer but still think he’s overrated. 

We’re the only country in the world that wouldn’t play Jamie Vardy in the starting 11 of their national team. Is it because he shouldn’t get in the side? No. It’s because Harry Kane’s overrated. I’m not saying Vardy should’ve played instead of him, but we pin all our hopes on him as a nation and he’s never gonna win us anything - just the same as Spurs.  

You can pin the Leicester bias on me as a reason if you like mate, because maybe there is like 2% of that added to this (lol) but I know it ain’t that. I just think as a nation we have our favourites in the media as to players who can do no wrong and Kane is one of them. Look at the World Cup, Golden Boot winner but flattered to deceive with his performances then cocked it up vs Croatia. 

Is he a world class footballer? Yes. Is he overrated? Yes. 

He’s no Lewandowski, Aguero or Suarez like he’s made out to be. 

It wont be because of Harry Kane Not producing,but the rest of the selections...

Before Southgate,we had a Great chance to use Vardy with Kane,having the Team playing around his and Kanes strengths.

The French,German,Italians,and Spanish Reporting that England (Leicester)had a Top Strike Force that would frighten top Teams,worrying top defences,

We tried to be too clever & didnt grasp or realise what this duo,could of done......And Top european pundits,coaches & players were quite amazed,and glad how England had .missed the Chance by not pairing Kane & Vardy...

England could find Another Messi,but balls it up...

Edited by fuchsntf

Wan Bissaka for me, think he'll be good in a few years time but he's just another Kyle Walker. Pace gets him out of some very sloppy positioning and he's no good going forward. He's at best an average footballer with pace, that's it. 

As a number have mentioned, Declan Rice. Hudson-Odoi is another one, fairly sure it was his England debut where he couldn't play a 5 yard pass to a teammate for 40 minutes. 

Redmond is another, there's a reason he's never made it past Norwich/Southampton, he's average. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2020 at 00:26, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Wan Bissaka for me, think he'll be good in a few years time but he's just another Kyle Walker. Pace gets him out of some very sloppy positioning and he's no good going forward. He's at best an average footballer with pace, that's it. 

As a number have mentioned, Declan Rice. Hudson-Odoi is another one, fairly sure it was his England debut where he couldn't play a 5 yard pass to a teammate for 40 minutes. 

Redmond is another, there's a reason he's never made it past Norwich/Southampton, he's average. 

Hudson-Odoi I've never been even in the slightest impressed with.  I think Wan Bissaka is very good defensively, particularly in one on ones but he's nowhere near as good as TAA.

On 23/04/2020 at 10:14, BenTheFox said:

I've seen people say that they think Michael Carrick was overrated and I for one can never get my head around it. I think it's a disgrace that he has fewer than fifty England caps. 

Carrick was an absolutely majestic player imo, if he was Spanish and played for Barcelona people would wax lyrical about him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 18/04/2020 at 15:38, Arriba Los Zorros said:

This is a genius comment.

See: Claude Makélélé

Leighton Baines

Jordan Henderson this season

Karim Benzema

For us Neil Lennon. He was good but not the all time great some would have you believe. Likewise Bruno Berner.

Lennon was great at what he did though, breaking up play, protecting the defence and doing a lot of work that goes unnoticed, always be a favourite of mine.

16 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I do think Bruno Fernandes looks the real deal to be fair, but that doesn’t mean United fans should be jizzing themselves over a Pickford howler and beating some farmers the way they have been.

I don't think he's bad by any stretch but it makes me laugh how much the standards of Manchester United fans have dropped in recent years. Really turning into Arsenal fans with this obsession of hyping up players after doing very little.

They haven't even been that good since signing him. They've been extremely lucky with officiating.

• Like 1