Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Overrated players

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Henderson used to get hammered all the time and now he's had a good season he's overrated? No chance. He has improved as a player and rightly getting plaudits this season.

I'm not suggesting he isn't a good player.

Just that he's nothing like the media are painting him as.

PFA Player of the Year? Give over ffs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Michael Keane

Declan Rice

Mason Mount

James Maddison

Seems to be a recurring theme...

I think Mount's having a pretty decent season tbh, a few getting a bit carried away but he's backing it up fairly regularly and I think he'll carve out a really good career.

Haven't seen anything from Hudson-Odoi to justify the immense hype around him yet, he must be a talented footballer but I can't remember him actually doing *anything*. Don't know if that makes him over-rated though.

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Jordan Henderson has to be in with a shout this season.

You'd think he was the Mackem Lothar Matthaus the way the media have gone on about him.

Henderson's definitely gone from underrated to overrated very quickly but to be honest this is why the discussion is a bit pointless because once a player gets widely acknowledged as one or the other, it ceases to be the case by default.

7 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Have to agree with the Scholes shouts, man literally gets hyped like he was the Keane of that team where hes on par with Darren fletcher. Trying to shoehorn him into the Gerrard Lampard debate has always been embarrassing. I don't think he could walk into another club like those two could and elevate them 

When world class players like zidane, xavi and those that played with Scholes, say he is world class....

I take their view.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

When world class players like zidane, xavi and those that played with Scholes, say he is world class....

I take their view.

again though, why? 

have you seen some "world class players" try and be managers and judge talent for themselves? quite a lot of them are fu cking rubbish at it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

again though, why? 

have you seen some "world class players" try and be managers and judge talent for themselves? quite a lot of them are fu cking rubbish at it. 

Seeing as you were only born in '94, how come you've got an opinion on Scholes being overrated?

You were too young to know what was going on when he was in his prime.

• Like 2

Guest Kopfkino

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Seeing as you were only born in '94, how come you've got an opinion on Scholes being overrated?

You were too young to know what was going on when he was in his prime.

I mean I was born 96 and Scholes was the reason I properly fell in love with football. Remember watching him when we lost 4-1 to Man Utd, Ruud scored a hattrick, but Scholes was unbelievable. 

It was a shame that England seemed to have to play 442 because him and Gerrard behind Lampard would surely have worked. Honestly think he's underrated if anything. 

9 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

again though, why? 

Comments I’ve said are in relation to “who would you choose in your top 11”, I’m sure I read that xavi said only one Englishmen would get in their team, and that was Scholes.

sure he could go missing, but his movement off the ball and passing in my opinion was world class.

7 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

The entire 'golden generation' of English players (the Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, etc. era). If they were that golden, why did they win f**k all. It was all hype created by the British sports media.

I mean, I assume you're talking about their 2004-2006 spell with England because you literally just named two players who won 21 major honours between them...

No-one can deny that the England teams of Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006 were wasted opportunities in an archaic system, stuffed with names rather than played with any positional nouse, but to label Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand, Terry, Rooney, Joe Cole, Neville, Beckham as overrated is, well, laughable. I'd recommend researching the length of their career, their longevity at the top level and their honours and come back with a bit more detail to justify them being "overrated."

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

The entire 'golden generation' of English players (the Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, etc. era). If they were that golden, why did they win f**k all. It was all hype created by the British sports media.

Come on.....

if teams with the “best” players were to win everything, Just because they are the “best” then it would be easy to predict the winners of every competition.

best players don’t always make the best teams. This is where top managers and back room staff, an identity, confidence, et cetera make the difference.

we had the players to win major tournaments, but not the managers in my opinion.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

By that logic you're taking a lot of gloss off Lionel Messi's career because he's won nothing with the Argies.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Messi is one player. We supposedly had an entire generation of world beaters.

lol you are beyond help

Buzzing for your mega post justifying calling these players overrated though, at the minute you just sound bitter we lost on penalties two tournaments in a row

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Saxondale said:

mate you've literally just said ashley cole "won fu ck all". 

mods, have a word