Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Games you didn't attend that you really regret.

Ive been fortunate to be at most of the games over the past 10 years or so and witnessed all the really key moments. However I was away with work when we beat Swansea at home in the title winning season. I remember Staying up until 3am China time to watch it obviously loving it but being gutted i wasn’t there 

Saw all of the Wembley matches in the 90's but didn't go to the '97 League Cup final replay at Hillsborough. 

However, the ones that upset me the most are the 2 home matches in the Immortals season, Liverpool and Villa. Saw the other 17 but those two rankle. 

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

Quite a few- probably beating Liverpool 2-0 in the title winning season (Vardy's volley).

This one for me; I was as at university playing 6-a-side and let my mum go instead of me as it was midweek. After seeing the replay was gutted I'd missed that game.

Could've gone the Palace game when we won the league but didn't. Was a student at the time and thought we'd lose so decided to save my money for other games. Still annoys me looking back.

Gutted I didn't go to Brugge as well but I had 0 chance of making that really. Still one I wish i'd been at though.

35 minutes ago, Corky said:

Quite a few- probably beating Liverpool 2-0 in the title winning season (Vardy's volley).

Yeah that's the one I wished I could have seen live. It's hard for me to see midweek games as I live in the capital these days. The atmosphere in that game sounded amazing, and that sequence where Leicester went full on tiki-taka would have made me lose my voice!

These days we play like this quite often, but seeing that team do that made you realise how high the confidence was in the squad. You can hear how even the crowd can't quite believe that is a Leicester team absolutely taking the piss out of one of the most historic teams in European football.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This one for me; I was as at university playing 6-a-side and let my mum go instead of me as it was midweek. After seeing the replay was gutted I'd missed that game.

I take it you are still at uni now?

37 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah that's the one I wished I could have seen live. It's hard for me to see midweek games as I live in the capital these days. The atmosphere in that game sounded amazing, and that sequence where Leicester went full on tiki-taka would have made me lose my voice!

These days we play like this quite often, but seeing that team do that made you realise how high the confidence was in the squad. You can hear how even the crowd can't quite believe that is a Leicester team absolutely taking the piss out of one of the most historic teams in European football.

I know we can play some good football at times but that was on a different level.

If we had scored it would be up there with some of the best goals of all time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Blackburn away. Easter Saturday. Rooster Russell.

Went to just about every away game that season, but missed that as I went away for a family easter break

Where have those 28 years gone?

Great day out.  Stuck in traffic, rolled up to Ewood Park at 2.57.   Dumped the tranny van a few yards from the ground.  Got in the ground 10 seconds before KO!  :-)

• Like 2

Several as I don't go to most away games. The away ones that stand out:

Burnley away (Championship-winning season)
Nottm Forest away to make the play-offs
Southampton 0-9 

West Brom 2-3 

And one home one that still bugs me is the one where Vardy broke the record in the 1-1 draw against Man Utd :( 

• Like 1