Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Birds you fancy off the telly

Now perhaps oddly, there's something about Taylor Swift that I do not like. All too manufactured, posed, knowing and contrived. Attractive and astute, yes, absolutely. Clearly a fine pop business head too. But I gotta say, she doesn't do it for me (not that that would concern her one iota!)

Evie (above) on the other hand; far more alluring and enticing. Cbeebies eh? I remember Michaela Strachen (when she was on Wide Awake, or whatever it was) commenting on some of the 'fan' mail she'd get.... sheesh... I'm surprised she could carry on doing the job knowing what was happening. :(

Taylor Swift is the opposite of manufactured. She's not some teeny bopper who got handed a record deal because she looked pretty or had friends/family in the music biz. 

She plays instruments, writes and performs all her own material, and worked her way up doing small town gigs since she was in her early teens. She's worked hard to get where she is and she's a natural songwriter. She's got more talent in her little finger than most of the US female pop stars like Katy Perry or Ariana Grande. 

She also had the business acumen to take back control all of her own records from the industry that sold her out to the highest bidder. 

Brains, talent, personality, and humility. I won't have a bad word said about her! And not just because I think she's fit. She's a star of her own making. 

• Like 3

Oh, I appear to have rattled someone's cage! ;)

Not manufactured in the traditional sense, by some svengali or somesuch. No, she's her own product, self manufactured if you like. I see someone calculated and calculating. A level of self-awareness that I find off-putting, creepy almost.

I don't disagree with your assessment of her business savvy etc btw, indeed I think I acknowledged it. Talent, I can't comment on as I'd be hard pressed to identify a single song of hers. 

6 minutes ago, taupe said:

I see someone calculated and calculating. A level of self-awareness that I find off-putting, creepy almost.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this? I can only assume you mean she's very intelligent, and savvily aware of how the music industry works. She has complete control over her own brand. 

I will say that she occasionally plays up to the whole innocent "who me? aww shucks" persona a bit much when she knows exactly how massive a deal she is. Maybe that's just from her humble roots though. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Taylor Swift is the opposite of manufactured. She's not some teeny bopper who got handed a record deal because she looked pretty or had friends/family in the music biz. 

She plays instruments, writes and performs all her own material, and worked her way up doing small town gigs since she was in her early teens. She's worked hard to get where she is and she's a natural songwriter. She's got more talent in her little finger than most of the US female pop stars like Katy Perry or Ariana Grande. 

She also had the business acumen to take back control all of her own records from the industry that sold her out to the highest bidder. 

Brains, talent, personality, and humility. I won't have a bad word said about her! And not just because I think she's fit. She's a star of her own making. 

You forgot to mention that she can also eat leaves off trees in her bare feet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Put a sock on it already mate lol

• Haha 1

On 30/10/2022 at 22:47, Tinman said:

She needs afew Pukka Pies then she might have a chance with me

lol to be fair they are old photos shes definitely bulked up a bit recently. Her legs have changed no end. Depends on what you are after but I actually think they looked better thinner. More defined. But I mean I'm not ruling her out on current form either lol

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

Why you aren't far wrong I'd take issue with the Arianna part. Have you seen some of the videos of here doing impressions and voice battles. What ever she may or may not have been because of her early links to Disney she can sing. Her voice is incredible when you see some of the stuff she can do. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...