Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

City of Leicester & Leicestershire - The Good and Historical Stuff

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

There's some memories there. I was a regular at Baileys and saw most of those acts. It was a top cabaret venue and it seemed quite odd to me that such "stars" of that era could be attracted to perform in... Leicester.

The first time I ever went there was on a Saturday for the 16 to 18 year old's disco. I have vivid memories of walking up all those stairs in my brand new flares and corduroy jacket bought from C&A just for that first visit and getting nearer and nearer to the the magic of being in a proper discotheque. 

I felt really grown up.

Many years later I was a DJ at The George next door to Bailey's, but I always wanted to be the Bailey's DJ. It seemed so... showbiz.

I'm guessing the Love Affair was in May 1968  as I was there as they'd just got to No1 with Everlasting Love

32 minutes ago, Parafox said:

There's some memories there. I was a regular at Baileys and saw most of those acts. It was a top cabaret venue and it seemed quite odd to me that such "stars" of that era could be attracted to perform in... Leicester.

The first time I ever went there was on a Saturday for the 16 to 18 year old's disco. I have vivid memories of walking up all those stairs in my brand new flares and corduroy jacket bought from C&A just for that first visit and getting nearer and nearer to the the magic of being in a proper discotheque. 

I felt really grown up.

Many years later I was a DJ at The George next door to Bailey's, but I always wanted to be the Bailey's DJ. It seemed so... showbiz.

I've thought that the Apollo (opposite curve) could host a genuine regular high end cabaret. They've dabbled at it. But few and far between. 

But some seriously priced tables to host, say, Adele a la Las Vegas ....in Leicester. Build it and they will come!