Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

17 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

What a player, this lad makes defending look beautiful. 

...one season with us and he will be off to United!!!!

Everything about him screams United, composed, aware committed and team player.  Drawback is his headed clearances do not have any distance but he makes up for that shortfall with everything else.

We might get him...the problem will be keeping him.

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Ajer being linked again in the media up here today, £22m the fee quoted and specualtion says he wants to go. Based on his performances this season I'd drive him down to Leicester myself for that money.

He may have lost his mojo if he knows there is a move coming .... I recall VVD being pretty pony for soton in the six months after his move should have gone through but was delayed by lpool’s tapping up .....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Ajer being linked again in the media up here today, £22m the fee quoted and specualtion says he wants to go. Based on his performances this season I'd drive him down to Leicester myself for that money.

Some players can play out of their skin for certain managers, I feel BR gets the best out of him.

“He has improved me a lot. When he came in I was a midfielder and he’s really helped me a lot to become a centre-half,” Ajer told the Scottish Sun.

“He’s changed my career. Centre-back is the position I play now and will be the position I play in my career.”

On 15/05/2020 at 10:07, Ric Flair said:

There will still be plenty of leagues that the PL will exploit even if money is seriously curtailed. Clubs like us are much more likely to take a punt on lower league players than the more established big six and then there's France and Holland that have cancelled their leagues and will be hit with quite significant financial penalties. Scotland will be the pits as well.

This is a good point, everything will be relative, clubs globally will have to cut their cloth but as is the case at present EPL clubs will still be considerably financially better off than the rest.

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Some players can play out of their skin for certain managers, I feel BR gets the best out of him.

“He has improved me a lot. When he came in I was a midfielder and he’s really helped me a lot to become a centre-half,” Ajer told the Scottish Sun.

“He’s changed my career. Centre-back is the position I play now and will be the position I play in my career.”

Yeah a fair point, although he was far better overall under Rodgers he still showed moments of real naievity under him also which he still hasn't seemed to learn from.  I feel at £22m he'd be overpriced, considering you signed Soyuncu for a similar amount, he's not yet in the same stratosphere as him.

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He may have lost his mojo if he knows there is a move coming .... I recall VVD being pretty pony for soton in the six months after his move should have gone through but was delayed by lpool’s tapping up .....

It's not so much his mojo it's more some glaring mistakes and moments of naievity.  He still plays very much as a centre midfielder playing at CB, great at bringing the ball out but at actually defending not so good, gets caught wrong side a lot, dives in and makes rash challenges and despite his height isn't very dominant in the air.  I think he's got potential and a lot of raw attributes that could see him become a great player but no way is he worth £22m at the moment.

6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah a fair point, although he was far better overall under Rodgers he still showed moments of real naievity under him also which he still hasn't seemed to learn from.  I feel at £22m he'd be overpriced, considering you signed Soyuncu for a similar amount, he's not yet in the same stratosphere as him.

The lad is still only 22, I'm sure he will learn a few things off Evans and go on to become a solid around defender.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

3 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

The lad is still only 22, I'm sure he will learn a few things off Evans and go on to become a solid around defender.

I'm sure he would but I wouldn't be paing £22m for a guy who still has so much to learn.  If you can get him fit you already have a CB who is far better in Benkovic.  Ajer was third choice even under Rodgers when Benkovic was fit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I'm sure he would but I wouldn't be paing £22m for a guy who still has so much to learn.  If you can get him fit you already have a CB who is far better in Benkovic.  Ajer was third choice even under Rodgers when Benkovic was fit.

Thats what I thought too, I've been really impressed with what I've seen from Benkovic but I start to worry that he's only played a few minutes for us after 2 years.

2 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Thats what I thought too, I've been really impressed with what I've seen from Benkovic but I start to worry that he's only played a few minutes for us after 2 years.

Yeah fitness is undeoubtedly his biggest issue, I'd have no fears over his ability, he's one of the best defenders I've seen in my lifetime at Celtic, can only think of a handful who have been better.

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah fitness is undeoubtedly his biggest issue, I'd have no fears over his ability, he's one of the best defenders I've seen in my lifetime at Celtic, can only think of a handful who have been better.

Wow, that good, I would have thought we would have been doing more to try to get him playing, even when he was available for cup games he only featured in one, looked great as well as I recall, his ability bringing the ball out and passing range was exceptional. I'm really hoping we see more of him.

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

Wow, that good, I would have thought we would have been doing more to try to get him playing, even when he was available for cup games he only featured in one, looked great as well as I recall, his ability bringing the ball out and passing range was exceptional. I'm really hoping we see more of him.

Yeah he was like a Rolls Royce, strolled through games and never seemed to have any real glaring weakness.  Maybe that was the plan last season, to give him a proper rest and chance to get over his injuries, I really hope so as it'll be a shame if injuries curtail his career.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

This is very true. Could be the same with Chilwell too.

Watching Leverkusen and wow do they have so many talented youngsters. Bailey and Tah aren’t even in the starting line up today. 

Would sign 5/6 players from them if we could. I was interested in following them seeing as we’ve been linked with so many players in the past (tah, Bailey, dragovic, aranguiz) but it’s diaby that’s impressed me the most. (Other than Havertz obviously) What a fantastic crosser of the ball he is, has a real knack to stand the ball up. And as you expect with a German striker they eat up headers like that. 

Hopefully we will be scouting them, because it’s quite clear this is the standard we need to get to for the champions league. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

On 17/05/2020 at 20:51, pmcla26 said:

I think with Benkovic he’ll go on to be a solid centre half for us but I don’t expect him to be a revelation like Soyuncu has been. 

I get the feeling he’s not in the managers plans as a starter full stop. Dunno, just think if he’s content to be a squad player he’ll stay and if he wants regular first team action he’ll move on. I know he’s been injured but there’s something I can’t quite put my finger on! Hope he turns out to be a world beater and all that!

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..what price Havertz!!!

Just watched his goals, some very Andy King like, arriving late and not being picked up.Great awareness, composure absolute quality.

Probably above our level unfortunately, fully expect him to end up at a Liverpool/Man City level club

Supposed to cost around the £100m area

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Probably above our level unfortunately, fully expect him to end up at a Liverpool/Man City level club

Supposed to cost around the £100m area

Yup correct unfortunately. He’s like a young Muller 

29 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Yup correct unfortunately. He’s like a young Muller 

...they all gravitate to the big boys!!!!

Is Bailey struggling to get in the team or is he coming back from injury, I suspect his value has dropped from the initial excitement and we are in with a shout of getting him.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...they all gravitate to the big boys!!!!

Is Bailey struggling to get in the team or is he coming back from injury, I suspect his value has dropped from the initial excitement and we are in with a shout of getting him.

Mostly sub by the looks of things. In honesty I’m not surprised after watching Diaby. He was class at the weekend. 

Could be be a good opportunity for us to swoop for Bailey. But who knows if he’s even on our radar. 

7AD9A56C-9472-4ECA-AB5F-06B1891A83B3.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Bailey needs a move and now is the perfect time for us to get him and reignite his career.

Could be Tielemans-esque signing. Wonderkid with much hype goes through a difficult spell and needs a fresh start to get back to his best. Could be worth a punt.

• Like 3