Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

I suspect this isn't that far away from being agreed if the story of talks " progressing " yesterday are true. If they progressed yesterday which led to us having a 32m euros bid rejected then there's a figure not too far away from that that ASSE will accept. 

17 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I just can't understand this. 

Anything I've saw come out of France suggests that St.Ettiene were one of the hardest hit clubs financially due to the pandemic. We are offering enough that they could keep the rest of the squad together AND go get a replacement. 

We are not low balling them. We are offering over what they allegedly wanted initially.... It's just weird. Either they really don't want to do business with us, they reckon they can squeeze more from us or the rate a 19 year old with 20 odd games under his belt at an absolutely insane amount. 

I would move on. Spent too much time on this already. 

Given the potential of the player it wouldn't surprise me to see how desperate we're willing to be and how much we're willing to offer as a result. Just testing our patience to be honest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect this isn't that far away from being agreed if the story of talks " progressing " yesterday are true. If they progressed yesterday which led to us having a 32m euros bid rejected then there's a figure not too far away from that that ASSE will accept. 

Hope you are right, and surely we must have received some encouragement at some point 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ric you have been saying this for WEEKS!

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Realistically we are probably a stepping stone for Fofana. Tah could realistically spend the majority of his remaining career with us. 

Yes - I’m so glad we didn’t sign VVD from soton (for him to go to Liverpool a couple years later)  and that we waited for Bennett to be available ...I want the best available players at the club ....if they leave after a few seasons then we make money aswell ...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Now reading that Ndidi is injured. This is potentially a major setback and he has been a fail-safe over the last couple of games not to mention his midfield role.

Really we cannot be messed about any longer we need quality players in now.

Ndidi injured? 😩. Where did you hear/read this?

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Lad said:

If this kid is really that unbelievably good, how come there aren’t loads of teams in a bidding war for him?

Because he hasn't played that many games, it's probably too big of a gamble for other teams given such a small sample size of games. This is the type of move we have to make though - a bit of a punt on a young player that has shown flashes of talent, getting in there quick before it becomes obvious to all how good the player is.