Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

I don't think we need much in midfield and Doucoure would offer something none of the others do and that's an ability to run with with the ball. Capable of sublime and ridiculous but I would take him. 

Sarr is raw, and would be a gamble. Personally think we need a wide player with a bit more technique and finesse.

• Like 2

Sarr has decent stats for his first season in the premier league considering he was playing in an extremely poor Watford team. 

https://www.premierleague.com/players/49796/Ismaila-Sarr/stats

Added some other stats for comparison of wingers playing in similar teams. Shows how much ability Sarr has to me. 

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4539/Wilfried-Zaha/stats?co=1&se=274

https://www.premierleague.com/players/8052/Ryan-Fraser/stats?co=1&se=274

https://www.premierleague.com/players/12817/Allan-Saint-Maximin/stats?co=1&se=274

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Opposite for me. Doucoure is quality when on it. Sarr is fast.

Tend to agree @Dahnsouff

Doucoure hasn’t had a good season, but the last couple of years he’s been bang on. Kind of like Nzonzi in style. If he had the hunger and the price is right, he’d be a good addition.

Trouble is, I doubt the price will be right for either, and I wouldn’t overpay. Don’t know if either have relegation release clauses or are starting their final year? Either would bring the price right down. Say £30m max the pair?

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We were interested in Sarr before the move to Watford and he has talent. Don't think doucoure improves us though.

He definitely improves our right side, he has done quite well in his first season and looks as though he is improving. Is strong down the centre too...

Both improve us imo. For the right price both please.

tbh it’d be a good window for me if we purely picked up a fair few cheap options from relegated clubs.

strikers: Wilson or pukki could stand in for vardy when needed and would both be cheap.

wingers/midfielders: brooks, sarr, cantwell, buendia, doucoure, pereyra, deulofeu, cook

defenders:

Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, mepham, ake

a combination of those for a small outlay per player would be good news to me personally. We need quite a lot of depth.

• Like 1

Sarr is still very raw, capable of brilliance, then sometimes does nothing. 

Doucoure didn’t have the best of seasons, if he can find his 18/19 season form again he’d be quality.

Deulofeu far too inconsistent, Pereyra is shit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Sarr is still very raw, capable of brilliance, then sometimes does nothing. 

Doucoure didn’t have the best of seasons, if he can find his 18/19 season form again he’d be quality.

Deulofeu far too inconsistent, Pereyra is shit.

Pereyra has an amazing season 18/19. Watford have had a really bad season. But they have some

really good players, that in the right environment could thrive again.

Just now, dooflip said:

Pereyra has an amazing season 18/19. Watford have had a really bad season. But they have some

really good players, that in the right environment could thrive again.

Watford fans hate him, stay well clear.

Doucoure has been crap this season, and because he didn`t turn up, is one of the reasons they`ve gone down.

Wouldn`t go anywhere near him!

Sarr, is fast, but a bit hit and miss, has a lot of work to do on his final ball.

If you like watching crosses hitting the first defender or being played behind the on running striker, then he`s the man!

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is Sarr much different to Gray? Or would he flourish in a better team like ours?

Doucoure. Maybe? Rather we focus on getting strikers and wingers first.

Definitely. Has been in a poor team and had a good year. Already has European experience as well. 

I Would definitely take Sarr. Started the season with an injury which meant he was slow to get going and be used, but has started to show his abilities since the turn of the year. More pace to stretch defences certainly wouldn’t go amiss. Doucoure I’m wary of, purely on performance this season. Maybe a change of scene would do him good, general consensus on the Watford forum was he looked like he believed his own hype. However, if Maddison was not fit for instance, having Sarr allows Perez to come central where he’s more effective, and Doucoure would be stronger support than Mendy if he goes as looks likely. Midfield options of Ndidi, Doucoure, Tielemans, Praet & Choudhury is relatively strong on paper, Maddison and Perez can play further forward. The only concern I have with that - is there enough creativity in those midfield options. I would prefer we went for Eze, but again it’s going to be highly dependent on the budget we have in this climate