Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

7 hours ago, doverfox said:

Those pesky payment processing people have forced the change. Seams corporations are the new moral arbitrators of our time. Strange we talk about the Taliban taking away the  choices of women, what about Mastercard or Visa taking away a womens right to exploit the men who pay to watch. Is one group deciding what it is morally acceptable to do preferable to the other? Whilst on totally opposite ends of the spectrum i agree why no uproar from the feminists about this. 

The card companies are the ones turning the screw, it would seem. However I'm inclined to think that in this case it is the will of the pious Puritans for whom the idea of women enjoying sex is entirely anathema rather than the other folks in the companies who would be more about the bottom line. Unfortunately, such repressed people have a lot of money themselves and therefore influence with such companies.

So, it's the evangelicals deciding what is morally acceptable, again, just like the Taliban. Definitely not preferable.

WRT the feminists, from what I can tell there's a bit of a schism there regarding sex work (online or otherwise) and as such the noise isn't as loud as it would be for other issues concerning womens lib.

Edited by leicsmac

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/austraila-covid-rescue-dogs-killed-controversy_n_6122f3c3e4b0e8ac791f346d?ri18n=true 

Read this last night and I still can't quite digest the ridiculous barbarism. Surely there are numerous workarounds that involve self-isolating etc that could have been explored before this needless step was taken? 

I'm not aiming this at you, but a good proportion of those who will be incandescent with rage over this will happily consume meat without a second thought as to how it reaches their plate.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm not aiming this at you, but a good proportion of those who will be incandescent with rage over this will happily consume meat without a second thought as to how it reaches their plate.

Oh, absolutely. Same happens with the dog meat festival etc too, as though the western abuse of animals is holier than thou.

You get similar from a certain sub-category complaining about halal procedures, whilst tucking in to their factory farmed chicken nuggets. It's all a bit of mess, but this particularly story just seemed like a senseless waste. It's another touchy subject with most people too, but I've always been an advocate of 'adopt don't shop' with cats/dogs etc so it's even more upsetting when stuff like this happens.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

FFS Britain

.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9919095/Sliced-processed-cheese-voted-UKs-favourite-type-poll-2-000-people.html

'Sliced processed cheese' is voted the UK's favourite type in a poll of 2,000 people - ahead of cheddar, mozzarella and Red Leicester

1. Processed Cheese slice - chosen by 40% of respondents 
  2. Cheddar – 33% 
  3. Mozzarella – 20% 
  4. Red Leicester – 19% 
  5. Halloumi – 18% 
  6. Brie – 17% 
  7. Stilton – 15% 
  8. Parmesan – 14% 
  9. Feta – 14% 
  10. Double Gloucester – 13% 

Boursin should be number 1.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

FFS Britain

.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9919095/Sliced-processed-cheese-voted-UKs-favourite-type-poll-2-000-people.html

'Sliced processed cheese' is voted the UK's favourite type in a poll of 2,000 people - ahead of cheddar, mozzarella and Red Leicester

2. Cheddar – 33% 
  3. Mozzarella – 20% 
  4. Red Leicester – 19% 
  5. Halloumi – 18% 
  6. Brie – 17% 
  7. Stilton – 15% 
  8. Parmesan – 14% 
  9. Feta – 14% 

And folks say us lot aren't cultured.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

FFS Britain

2. Cheddar – 33% 
  3. Mozzarella – 20% 
  4. Red Leicester – 19% 
  5. Halloumi – 18% 
  6. Brie – 17% 
  7. Stilton – 15% 
  8. Parmesan – 14% 
  9. Feta – 14% 

No dairylea triangles  this survey is a disgrace. Are you sure this isnt a survey for family fortunes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

FFS Britain

2. Cheddar – 33% 
  3. Mozzarella – 20% 
  4. Red Leicester – 19% 
  5. Halloumi – 18% 
  6. Brie – 17% 
  7. Stilton – 15% 
  8. Parmesan – 14% 
  9. Feta – 14% 

I'm assuming that a survey 'to mark World Burger Day' was asking a question relating to burgers, in which case the answers aren't that mental.

If the question was literally 'what is your favourite cheese', then yes, we should all be slain

• Like 2

On 21/08/2021 at 09:20, StanSP said:

If any of you had the opportunity to take in an Afghani refugee, would you? 

If so, why? If not, why not? 

No becuase I have small kids and no random would be welcome in my home. I fully support my taxes being spent on supporting those who helped our troops on the assumption we wouldn't leave them to the Taliban.

On 23/08/2021 at 18:44, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm assuming that a survey 'to mark World Burger Day' was asking a question relating to burgers, in which case the answers aren't that mental.

If the question was literally 'what is your favourite cheese', then yes, we should all be slain

Exactly this. I absolutely love cheese, pretty much any kind (besides blue), but if I'm having a burger - especially on a barbecue - I want the plastic cheese. Only a very mild flavour, and it's basically just for the texture, I want the meat as the main flavour. Once you start adding strong cheddars or other cheeses you're just compromising the taste of the meat

In no other context would I ever have processed cheese

• Like 1

I saw on news last night that Police are searching an area regarding Claudia Lawrence disappearence in 2009.

It's always sounded weird. The fact when they went into her house the first time after her disappearence and the bed was made, there were dishes in the sink, her handbag, purse, bank cards were all there. According to wiki "The only significant items missing were her mobile phone, a set of hair straighteners and a rucksack which she normally used to carry her chef's whites to and from work."

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Exactly this. I absolutely love cheese, pretty much any kind (besides blue), but if I'm having a burger - especially on a barbecue - I want the plastic cheese. Only a very mild flavour, and it's basically just for the texture, I want the meat as the main flavour. Once you start adding strong cheddars or other cheeses you're just compromising the taste of the meat

In no other context would I ever have processed cheese

No those cheese melts they sell in M&S are really tasty.

17 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

The Nevermind baby has now lived a longer life than Kurt Cobain?

Go away, time. I've only just come to terms with the fact that the trade test girl will soon be drawing her pension (photo from 2009).....

image.jpeg.33a1da54723a0db4bd071f8f21307416.jpeg

That clown used to freak me out when I was a kid, I was hoping they’d have burnt the bastard but no there he is, all creepy still!

• Haha 2