Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

36 minutes ago, marbles said:

"Environmental Policy" - Ill give ya that.

I've enjoyed discussing this with you - hopefully you haven't taken it any other way.

Like I sorta mentioned though.

Its hard to have these discussions when someone has such a deep seated hatred for Trump.

Me? I dont care either way.  Like every President, he has done some good and bad.  He's gone, I've moved on.  Hopefully you will be able to do the same.

Its hard to have these discussions, because I find that its impossible for anti-Trumpers to take Trump out of the equation. 

If they are not willing to be objective (which they are not) - then its not a conversation/discussion.  Its a battle.

Anyways - have a great weekend.  

Fair to say, it's been a civil discussion and I've enjoyed it too. There's no doubt the man is incredibly polarising.

Personally, while I think most every matter is up for discussion, some things often don't need to be discussed for very long to arrive at a very certain conclusion regarding what is right and wrong. Climate change, the treatment of minority groups by the legislature in various parts of the US, Peter Taylor as Leicester manager, for instance. Trump is very much like that, mostly because he himself positions himself in a way that is very "enemy or subordinate, choose" to everyone.

True, the man is now no longer in such a position of power, but I do still worry about the legacy the ideas he put across in his time will have on the future. I say that as a scientist and a human being possessed of at least some empathy.

Enjoy your weekend too, starting with three points for City tomorrow please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marbles said:

The first part would be treason - how is it not treason to warn the Chinese that an attack was coming? 

I dont have a problem with the second part 

I think the context of the period which is immediate post capitol riot  needs to be taken into account.  Difficult to recall how weird that day and evening were. 

25 minutes ago, iniesta said:

Interesting that this thread previously was full of orange man bad chat, nothing since sleepy joe started fvking the Middle East up once again

Donald Trump has very obvious elements of personality to dislike. Biden is inoffensive and, as such, gets the pass.

It's why there's almost a template for electable presidents in America. Gives license to act how you'd please. 

Interestingly, Joe is still thinking about building the wall that everyone was hissing about as though it was the worst thing in the world and, in previous administrations, contributed to far more than trump ever did https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/biden-border-wall-hidalgo-county/amp/

People found things to dislike about trump, and for the record I think him awful, and it made it publicly acceptable to condemn him. Biden is more an everyman so we ignore what he's up to. 

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Donald Trump has very obvious elements of personality to dislike. Biden is inoffensive and, as such, gets the pass.

It's why there's almost a template for electable presidents in America. Gives license to act how you'd please. 

Interestingly, Joe is still thinking about building the wall that everyone was hissing about as though it was the worst thing in the world and, in previous administrations, contributed to far more than trump ever did https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/biden-border-wall-hidalgo-county/amp/

People found things to dislike about trump, and for the record I think him awful, and it made it publicly acceptable to condemn him. Biden is more an everyman so we ignore what he's up to. 

I stopped reading at Biden is inoffensive. The guy is senile and the leader of the free world, but that’s okay, cos he is not orange man bad. It is pathetic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iniesta said:

I stopped reading at Biden is inoffensive. The guy is senile and the leader of the free world, but that’s okay, cos he is not orange man bad. It is pathetic. 

Then you've missed my point entirely. I'm making the point that both are just as bad as one another but Biden gets away with hostile policy owing to his normality. 

Which you'd know if you'd read it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Then you've missed my point entirely. I'm making the point that both are just as bad as one another but Biden gets away with hostile policy owing to his normality. 

Which you'd know if you'd read it. 

Apologies, I did read it. It came across as excuse making, which I’m sure was not your intention. 

3 hours ago, iniesta said:

Interesting that this thread previously was full of orange man bad chat, nothing since sleepy joe started fvking the Middle East up once again

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

No. They're both as bad as each other. 

Well, yes. If you're looking at foreign policy, some elements of immigration and a bit of economic policy purely by itself, then you might be able to make the argument that both Repub and Dem governments are a bad as each other.

Just don't look at social policies (particularly concerning minorities), healthcare, education or (most importantly) scientific and environmental policy, because evidently they're unimportant.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

This has been slowly building traction in the news all week.A worrying complex situation to say the least.

I was only made aware of this earlier this week. 

This will send massive financial shockwaves around the world.

Biden is far from perfect but to even pretend he's on the same level as Trump lol

As for Afghanistan, does the fact it's a continuation of a policy installed by Trump count for nothing or does Biden carry the bag for all ill effects continued on from the previous administration?  For instance is it his fault covid's been encouraged to run rampant throughout their country?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/09/2021 at 18:10, Heathrow fox said:

This has been slowly building traction in the news all week.A worrying complex situation to say the least.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021/09/wolf-richter-what-a-collapse-of-chinas-evergrande-would-mean.html

"housing is for living not for speculation" what a novel thought. A great overview of the situation.

On 18/09/2021 at 23:11, iniesta said:

I was having this discussion literally yesterday about this haha! The fact some brits got so involved with the election over there is stupid if you haven’t a clue what went on prior to trumps arrival. Old Joe, is as much to blame as anyone including Obama, as they were all involved in the processes after 9/11 and the war has been raging on ever since that day. Countless lives lost, unnecessary drone bombings, all of which has contributed in all people in their respective nations suffering…. 

But you’re absolutely right, I tended to stay schum on the matter because it just results in vociferous arguments, more centred around things that have happened very recently for example the recent unrest between America people and it’s law enforcement.

In truth America has been uneasy with itself since 9/11, and a war that has raged on for 20 odd years results in leaving Middle Eastern nations now not knowing what the future holds, are the taliban a former tyrant? Or are they really changed considering a lot of them has spent years locked up in Guantanamo Bay, and many innocent people have lost their lives at the hands of allied intervention, to the point where the whole nation is grieving, and potentially angry wanting someone to blame?  

I can’t help but fear that something is brewing, intervention will probably be needed again, but are we right to? 

At this time relationships are so fragile between most nations, I’m no political expert by any means but I’d wager that international relationships probably the weakest they’ve been since WWII…… 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I was having this discussion literally yesterday about this haha! The fact some brits got so involved with the election over there is stupid if you haven’t a clue what went on prior to trumps arrival. Old Joe, is as much to blame as anyone including Obama, as they were all involved in the processes after 9/11 and the war has been raging on ever since that day. Countless lives lost, unnecessary drone bombings, all of which has contributed in all people in their respective nations suffering…. 

But you’re absolutely right, I tended to stay schum on the matter because it just results in vociferous arguments, more centred around things that have happened very recently for example the recent unrest between America people and it’s law enforcement.

In truth America has been uneasy with itself since 9/11, and a war that has raged on for 20 odd years results in leaving Middle Eastern nations now not knowing what the future holds, are the taliban a former tyrant? Or are they really changed considering a lot of them has spent years locked up in Guantanamo Bay, and many innocent people have lost their lives at the hands of allied intervention, to the point where the whole nation is grieving, and potentially angry wanting someone to blame?  

I can’t help but fear that something is brewing, intervention will probably be needed again, but are we right to? 

At this time relationships are so fragile between most nations, I’m no political expert by any means but I’d wager that international relationships probably the weakest they’ve been since WWII…… 

All this is totally fair enough, but as per above there are at least some Brits who are seeing more than foreign policy with respect to the US and how different the Trump and Biden administrations are concerning other matters.

It's not the only important issue, nor even the most important one.

Just now, leicsmac said:

All this is totally fair enough, but as per above there are at least some Brits who are seeing more than foreign policy with respect to the US and how different the Trump and Biden administrations are concerning other matters.

It's not the only important issue, nor even the most important one.

Exactly right. Trump is undoubtedly the worst President America have ever offered. And internally their issues are more important to the voting people, and Trump was a disaster in terms of building internal relations. Obama was very good at that, and Trump seemingly effortlessly came in and undid all of that, and along with it poked the tiger vigorously so to speak and created even more of a friction between the American people. I wouldn’t ever support trump at all or what he stood for, as a sexist racist pig, who somehow worked his way to the very top.

But like you say, some will take an more of an interest in American politics and it’s clear that Biden’ tenure hasn’t started brilliantly at an international level, yes the redaction of American troops was initiated before his time as the president, but he has a part to play in the reasons for their pulling out. 

The issue is, with the extensive damage done in the Middle Eastern counties in general, the exit strategy was in place long enough to ensure it was peaceful, in essence they came to an understanding with the Taliban regarding their action against one another and in some ways facilitated their return to power (that’s how I view the situation personally). Which has again left their nations confused, divided and fearful for what the future holds.

To be honest, having said all that can you trust any politician wholly? 

Naturally there are flaws in all of them (and the odd strength). 

• Like 1