Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

29 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Exactly right. Trump is undoubtedly the worst President America have ever offered. And internally their issues are more important to the voting people, and Trump was a disaster in terms of building internal relations. Obama was very good at that, and Trump seemingly effortlessly came in and undid all of that, and along with it poked the tiger vigorously so to speak and created even more of a friction between the American people. I wouldn’t ever support trump at all or what he stood for, as a sexist racist pig, who somehow worked his way to the very top.

But like you say, some will take an more of an interest in American politics and it’s clear that Biden’ tenure hasn’t started brilliantly at an international level, yes the redaction of American troops was initiated before his time as the president, but he has a part to play in the reasons for their pulling out. 

The issue is, with the extensive damage done in the Middle Eastern counties in general, the exit strategy was in place long enough to ensure it was peaceful, in essence they came to an understanding with the Taliban regarding their action against one another and in some ways facilitated their return to power (that’s how I view the situation personally). Which has again left their nations confused, divided and fearful for what the future holds.

To be honest, having said all that can you trust any politician wholly? 

Naturally there are flaws in all of them (and the odd strength). 

This is spot on too.

There's no possible way to disagree that foreign policy in the Middle East has been a disaster for some time now and Biden has done precious little, if anything, to change that.

However, speaking purely personally, I'm ok with having a leader in the White House who actually takes the single biggest threat to human civilisation - by far - seriously and is at least attempting to act accordingly. That's what really annoys me with the "both sides are the same" idea that gets churned out every so often - I mean, how different can they be when one is at least open to the idea of preserving the future and listening to scientific consensus and one is not? 

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Looks like the Canadian elections will be a case of status quo ante vox populi: Trudeau with a government but no overall majority.

Yea he is a fukin tw@t.

Who calls an election in a pandemic, in the middle of a term? He does for selfish reasons because he thought his covid vaccine turnaround woukd lead him to a majority. Its not like our minority was not working.

Unfortunately, people voted for who they dont want and the two main candidates competitors just arent good enough party wise. I think jagmeet was the most likeable leader personally but ndp policies never do well. I tend to vote for the liberal party but i just cant stand trudeau anymore as a leader of my country.

Anyhow, thanks for wasting 600 million to essentially have almost the exact same seats for all parties.  That money could have been spent elsewhere. Man should resign on principle alone but he doesnt have any of those.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I was having this discussion literally yesterday about this haha! The fact some brits got so involved with the election over there is stupid if you haven’t a clue what went on prior to trumps arrival. Old Joe, is as much to blame as anyone including Obama, as they were all involved in the processes after 9/11 and the war has been raging on ever since that day. Countless lives lost, unnecessary drone bombings, all of which has contributed in all people in their respective nations suffering…. 

But you’re absolutely right, I tended to stay schum on the matter because it just results in vociferous arguments, more centred around things that have happened very recently for example the recent unrest between America people and it’s law enforcement.

In truth America has been uneasy with itself since 9/11, and a war that has raged on for 20 odd years results in leaving Middle Eastern nations now not knowing what the future holds, are the taliban a former tyrant? Or are they really changed considering a lot of them has spent years locked up in Guantanamo Bay, and many innocent people have lost their lives at the hands of allied intervention, to the point where the whole nation is grieving, and potentially angry wanting someone to blame?  

I can’t help but fear that something is brewing, intervention will probably be needed again, but are we right to? 

At this time relationships are so fragile between most nations, I’m no political expert by any means but I’d wager that international relationships probably the weakest they’ve been since WWII…… 

Great comment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mauritanian

Was just watching this movie last night to remind me of the atrocities committed in my name and in that of freedom and justice around the world.........that and I really like Benedict Cumberbatch's movies.

"Intervention will probably be needed again"? After the violence perpetrated on the world since at least WW2 my country should hang its head in shame. The US has no moral standing and neither does the UK with its history. But then it isn't about morals is it? Its about greed and stealing the resources of the planet for profit. Exploitation for us and our rulers only. We were never in Afghanistan for the people.  Maybe its time for us to take care of matters at home and leave the rest of the world alone. Haven't we had enough of solving problems through never ending conflict and force?

Sometimes I wonder what this planet could be like if we could ever rise above the fear of death. Realize that we are all one, different and the same. That we could believe that heaven is the only place ALL of us go when we leave this world.

Is the conflict of Love and Fear the only thing that holds it together?

I keep on thinking about this movie "War Games" and the phrase "The only winning move is not to play"

Wish I could dig a hole and put my head in it.:D

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I was having this discussion literally yesterday about this haha! The fact some brits got so involved with the election over there is stupid if you haven’t a clue what went on prior to trumps arrival. Old Joe, is as much to blame as anyone including Obama, as they were all involved in the processes after 9/11 and the war has been raging on ever since that day. Countless lives lost, unnecessary drone bombings, all of which has contributed in all people in their respective nations suffering…. 

But you’re absolutely right, I tended to stay schum on the matter because it just results in vociferous arguments, more centred around things that have happened very recently for example the recent unrest between America people and it’s law enforcement.

In truth America has been uneasy with itself since 9/11, and a war that has raged on for 20 odd years results in leaving Middle Eastern nations now not knowing what the future holds, are the taliban a former tyrant? Or are they really changed considering a lot of them has spent years locked up in Guantanamo Bay, and many innocent people have lost their lives at the hands of allied intervention, to the point where the whole nation is grieving, and potentially angry wanting someone to blame?  

I can’t help but fear that something is brewing, intervention will probably be needed again, but are we right to? 

At this time relationships are so fragile between most nations, I’m no political expert by any means but I’d wager that international relationships probably the weakest they’ve been since WWII…… 

I’m not so sure about the last point.There were some pretty hairy moments during the Cold War.

22 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

I’m not so sure about the last point.There were some pretty hairy moments during the Cold War.

Agreed, there was. I think I meant to say in my lifetime as the Cold War was just before I was born. But you’re very right, that was cutting it fine. I think I’m terms of world wide peace (which is never achievable) it’s probably as frail as it has been for some time. Trump probably the epicentre of the recent raise in tension…… still, it’s going to be an interesting few years, particularly with China seemingly flexing their military muscle for no apparently reason other than they can…….

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Agreed, there was. I think I meant to say in my lifetime as the Cold War was just before I was born. But you’re very right, that was cutting it fine. I think I’m terms of world wide peace (which is never achievable) it’s probably as frail as it has been for some time. Trump probably the epicentre of the recent raise in tension…… still, it’s going to be an interesting few years, particularly with China seemingly flexing their military muscle for no apparently reason other than they can…….

Yes it’s certainly the most unsettled it’s been for a generation and a bit,

13 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Yea he is a fukin tw@t.

Who calls an election in a pandemic, in the middle of a term? He does for selfish reasons because he thought his covid vaccine turnaround woukd lead him to a majority. Its not like our minority was not working.

Unfortunately, people voted for who they dont want and the two main candidates competitors just arent good enough party wise. I think jagmeet was the most likeable leader personally but ndp policies never do well. I tend to vote for the liberal party but i just cant stand trudeau anymore as a leader of my country.

Anyhow, thanks for wasting 600 million to essentially have almost the exact same seats for all parties.  That money could have been spent elsewhere. Man should resign on principle alone but he doesnt have any of those.

Can't say that I disagree regarding the waste of money to get to change essentially nothing, but then hindsight is always 20/20.

10 hours ago, SO1 said:

Great comment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mauritanian

Was just watching this movie last night to remind me of the atrocities committed in my name and in that of freedom and justice around the world.........that and I really like Benedict Cumberbatch's movies.

"Intervention will probably be needed again"? After the violence perpetrated on the world since at least WW2 my country should hang its head in shame. The US has no moral standing and neither does the UK with its history. But then it isn't about morals is it? Its about greed and stealing the resources of the planet for profit. Exploitation for us and our rulers only. We were never in Afghanistan for the people.  Maybe its time for us to take care of matters at home and leave the rest of the world alone. Haven't we had enough of solving problems through never ending conflict and force?

Sometimes I wonder what this planet could be like if we could ever rise above the fear of death. Realize that we are all one, different and the same. That we could believe that heaven is the only place ALL of us go when we leave this world.

Is the conflict of Love and Fear the only thing that holds it together?

I keep on thinking about this movie "War Games" and the phrase "The only winning move is not to play"

Wish I could dig a hole and put my head in it.:D

Some good points here but the bolded is something that makes me scratch my head a bit. From the Unpopular Opinions thread: "there is nothing worse than death and when the "good guys" go on about death not being the worst thing in works of fiction it's almost always because there are ghosts or some other way for the dead to interact with the living. Which rather marginalises the true finality of it."

We shouldn't be looking to rise about the fear of death, we should be looking to conquer it, and look to live as long and as comfortable lives as we can. The laws of nature are only there because of what we know right now - that doesn't make them immutable.But yes, that fear is one thing that often leads to some very dark places and something should be done about it.

2 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Yes it’s certainly the most unsettled it’s been for a generation and a bit,

Yeah. I do rather dread to think where resource scarcity as a result of climate change might lead us on that matter in the future.

https://news.sky.com/story/energy-supplier-green-to-cease-trading-as-it-becomes-latest-casualty-of-energy-crisis-12414462

Company boss blamed:

The Government

Brexit

Climate change

Wholesale price hikes

Suez Canal blockage

Fire

Unplanned outages…

Surprised Perez didn’t get a mention. 

Nothing like deflecting from a shit business plan 🙄

Edited by Milo
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Buce said:

Global warming is all about having too much CO2 in the atmosphere.

We are facing food shortages because we have a lack of CO2.

Somebody, somewhere is taking the right royal piss.

One of these isn't true.

Here's a hint: it ain't the first.

9 hours ago, Buce said:

Global warming is all about having too much CO2 in the atmosphere.

We are facing food shortages because we have a lack of CO2.

Somebody, somewhere is taking the right royal piss.

From yesterday, Government policy is to subsidise CO2 production, restart coal power production and hope for an increase in gas supply, Government, policy after COP26, will be to reduce CO2, stop coal production and reduce gas consumption to save the world. Except for Lola, it's a mixed up muddled up shook up world.

0_a42-crash-with-hgvjfif.jpg

A driver was 'lucky' to escape unharmed after a horror crash with a HGV on the A42 (Image: Leicestershire Police)

"Night Shift deployed to a late job today with a very lucky driver escaping with no injuries after an RTC with a HGV! #SomeoneNeedsALotteryTicket"

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/driver-miraculously-escapes-unharmed-after-5969009

Just now, Innovindil said:

It's exactly the same as the last time there was a media enduced panic shortage. No one ever learns. 

Part of the problem is there isn’t much confidence in this government. 

The whole thing has been handled badly. BP and Texaco shouldn’t have announced they were closing a handful of stations and just put a few no fuel signs up, the government then come out with the ‘No Panic’ a statement and away we go. 

Toilet Roll panic buying you’re a bit of a dick but fuel I get a little more. 

I agree with the above but the public have to be a bit more savvy about things. Not be so spun by what media say when it comes to things like this. Make sense of things yourself and don't let someone who's job it is to spin things get the better of you. 

It's a driver shortage and not a fuel shortage. If everyone was calm and just got the fuel they needed, there'd be enough to go round and therefore not cause for panic and then the knock on effect of all the traffic and queues seen yesterday. No one really cares about anyone but themselves any more. Sad state of society and the culture we live in these days.