Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Why..They can Drive around Mainland Europe, the ones working, will find Contracts & Drives galore, without the Visa & doku-shit..!!!

Not to mention they'll get paid in Euros into their main bank account rather than having to faff around with Pounds, currency conversion and international bank transfers fees

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Not to mention they'll get paid in Euros into their main bank account rather than having to faff around with Pounds, currency conversion and international bank transfers fees

All that Lovely jubbly money...I

Contract in England, they can ask for their wages in Euros,and transfered So no hassle..

8 hours ago, Buce said:

I've finally managed to fill my tank after being on red all weekend.

I had to queue for just under an hour and a half. Madness.

There was a half mile queue in all directions converging on the Jet garage up the road from me. Every other garage and supermarket station was cordoned off. Not an issue on two wheels. Rode to the front and threaded my way through the congestion on the forecourt. Unbelievably the pumps on the far side weren't even in use. Filled up and out of there in under four minutes - much to the chagrin of the multitude of prestige German car drivers going nowhere fast. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Line-X said:

There was a half mile queue in all directions converging on the Jet garage up the road from me. Every other garage and supermarket station was cordoned off. Not an issue on two wheels. Rode to the front and threaded my way through the congestion on the forecourt. Unbelievably the pumps on the far side weren't even in use. Filled up and out of there in under four minutes - much to the chagrin of the multitude of prestige German car drivers going nowhere fast. 

I have next to no experience of bikes, but I remember my father owning one when I was young; I believe he had taken it lieu of an unpaid debt and eventually sold it for substantially more than he'd been owed.

I think it was called an Aerial Square Four, if that means anything to you?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Buce said:

I have next to no experience of bikes, but I remember my father owning one when I was young; I believe he had taken it lieu of an unpaid debt and eventually sold it for substantially more than he'd been owed.

I think it was called an Aerial Square Four, if that means anything to you?

Yes it absolutely does. Vintage stuff. My Grandad had one and a friend of mine restored a mk.I. Production ceased at the end of the fifties. Questionable configuration because the front cylinders block cooling air to the rears. The original Ariel Sq.4 did not have a very free-flowing intake arrangement either so was very prone to overheating. If these were produced today, they would have to be liquid cooled. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Twenty reasons there is a shortage of drivers (written by a Polish trucker):

https://orynski.eu/20-reasons-why-there-is-shortage-of-drivers-in-the-uk/

I don't blame them not wanting to work in this country. The problem will get worse and worse in the future as no-one wants manual work, everyone wants to manage.

31 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

**** me. This women's on £60k plus a year. Here I am stressing about life but if it all goes to shit, I might just become a MP. 

In one sentence, she refers to Belarus as Blarooz and Barooz. lol

I was never as anti Corbyn as some but one unarguable fact is the sheer number of new Labour MPs under his leadership who have turned out to be an absolute disgrace. As one person I know put it "Corbyn's problem isn't that he hates Jews or anyone else, he's a hippy. His problem is he doesn't hate anyone."

28 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

I was never as anti Corbyn as some but one unarguable fact is the sheer number of new Labour MPs under his leadership who have turned out to be an absolute disgrace. As one person I know put it "Corbyn's problem isn't that he hates Jews or anyone else, he's a hippy. His problem is he doesn't hate anyone."

Hard to disagree; but a bit of a stretch given your name and avatar!!

Are the libdems still the home for those chucked out of labour and failing to meet even their standards ? (I admit I've not been paying attention).

6 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Hard to disagree; but a bit of a stretch given your name and avatar!!

Are the libdems still the home for those chucked out of labour and failing to meet even their standards ? (I admit I've not been paying attention).

Are we talking about Chukka Umunna and Luciana Berger? Afaik they are still members.  

36 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Concerns for the welfare of Katie Price.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58720249

It's quite worrying about the future of her son, Harvey, without her regular presence - considering that she had looked after him for a long time.

All his life I imagine lol

• Haha 3