Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

For all Bozo's talk about 'things returning to normal', I'm seeing no evidence to support that claim; I've passed four filling stations this morning and they were all without fuel.

Seems like BS to me, just trying to alter public behaviour with the same psychology that caused the panic in the first place.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Buce said:

For all Bozo's talk about 'things returning to normal', I'm seeing no evidence to support that claim; I've passed four filling stations this morning and they were all without fuel.

Seems like BS to me, just trying to alter public behaviour with the same psychology that caused the panic in the first place.

What an awful idea. :huh:

• Haha 1

As someone who cycles to work, only uses the car once or twice a week for relatively short journeys which I could easily forego if I need to, and still has over 3/4 of a tank, there's a certain schadenfreude to this whole situation.  Massively feel for anyone who needs their vehicle for essential reasons and didn't vote for the stagnation and exacerbation of this matter though.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

As someone who cycles to work, only uses the car once or twice a week for relatively short journeys which I could easily forego if I need to, and still has over 3/4 of a tank, there's a certain schadenfreude to this whole situation.  Massively feel for anyone who needs their vehicle for essential reasons and didn't vote for the stagnation and exacerbation of this matter though.

I'm in pretty much the same boat but with quarter of a tank and a 33week pregnant wife. 

I hope I won't need the car for a month or two but I'd rather a bit more in the tank just in case. 

I'm not panicking though, if I pass the supermarket and there's petrol I'll pop in like I always would. I won't be queuing for hours in end that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I'm in pretty much the same boat but with quarter of a tank and a 33week pregnant wife. 

I hope I won't need the car for a month or two but I'd rather a bit more in the tank just in case. 

I'm not panicking though, if I pass the supermarket and there's petrol I'll pop in like I always would. I won't be queuing for hours in end that's for sure.

I do over a 1000 miles a week, so I was dreading it but apart from a small queue at the desford garage earlier in the week it’s been ok.

will need to fill up again in Oxford tomorrow or before but I think it’s calmed down now.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I do over a 1000 miles a week, so I was dreading it but apart from a small queue at the desford garage earlier in the week it’s been ok.

will need to fill up again in Oxford tomorrow or before but I think it’s calmed down now.

Maybe where you are but here in Swansea, the 4 garages I passed today whilst I was out were all empty. 

I'll get some at some point, and I'm not panicking or worried but it's an annoyance for sure. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

As someone with a son born at 33 weeks, I'd suggest to keep it topped up! That or put her in a taxi

• Like 1

Basically no fuel around here; I wfh though; and also ditched my car somewhere and had a few drinks then walked home; so my main concern is whether or not someone has siphoned the tank. If they do; I hope they are good enough to siphon out all the crap as well; I've been meaning to have it flushed but might save me a few quid.

57 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Was just talking to my mate today about this. He is on universal credit and his money has been cut £86 a month. Hes worried as what he has been getting is only just lasting him and now hes got this cut and prices going up on energy/fuel.

He is a very hard working guy and is looking for work so i feel for him. Came to an agreement whereas id pay his elec and gas over the winter so he doesnt have the extra worry. I know he will square me up when he is in work but thats not the point. I feel a lot will struggle this winter due to these cuts and increases. People who are new to universal credit probably dont know if they are coming or going.

That's a very generous thing to do. If you can afford these things you offer your help. 

I hope he's not got home and whacked to heating on full blast though lol

5 hours ago, Strokes said:

I would just full up whenever you get the chance. I’m sure you do that anyway. 

with that mileage, if you pass a petrol station that’s got no ques, I’d just pop in. Even if you have half a tank. I wouldn’t call that hoarding at all. But proactive based on your petrol consumption. 

same with a pregnant wife. Might be rushing to the hospital any day now and got to be prepared. 

I also applaud those who don’t have the need to fuel up and don’t. 

• Like 1

Petrol rationing is required the average person uses just 16 litres a week yet have decided that brimming the tank was a sensible and reasonable action to take. Please dont fill up just because you see the opportunity if you have 4 weeks supply in your tank give some who needs it the chance. Retailers are too slow to react and limit purchases when the is a run on a profuct petrol is this years toilet roll.

11 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Was just talking to my mate today about this. He is on universal credit and his money has been cut £86 a month. Hes worried as what he has been getting is only just lasting him and now hes got this cut and prices going up on energy/fuel.

He is a very hard working guy and is looking for work so i feel for him. Came to an agreement whereas id pay his elec and gas over the winter so he doesnt have the extra worry. I know he will square me up when he is in work but thats not the point. I feel a lot will struggle this winter due to these cuts and increases. People who are new to universal credit probably dont know if they are coming or going.

Bless you.

The system is failing these people and it can only do it because good people out there will always try to help those in need.

17 hours ago, RobHawk said:

No fuel at my local earlier. I've got quarter of a tank so no panic but due a fill up as/when I can. 

It's all a huge pain in the arse tbh

Edit: saw your second post.

Edited by Nod.E

Just on fuel, went to get some beer from Asda for the game later and managed to make a pit stop at their Fosse Park petrol station about 7:45am.

You'd think there was no 'crisis' at all. All pumps open and I'd say only 50% of the pumps were being used. Just hope that's a sign things are back to normal.

I had all the time in the world to fill 10 jerry cans, 15 coke bottles and a cotton shopping bag.

• Haha 2

On 28/09/2021 at 21:06, Wymsey said:

Concerns for the welfare of Katie Price.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58720249

It's quite worrying about the future of her son, Harvey, without her regular presence - considering that she had looked after him for a long time.

Struck me as a PR spin.

She's just violated her driving ban, while drunk and uninsured. 

Is she ill, or just a despicable person? The use of her disabled son for social media clout would tip me towards the latter.

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Struck me as a PR spin.

She's just violated her driving ban, while drunk and uninsured. 

Is she ill, or just a despicable person? The use of her disabled son for social media clout would tip me towards the latter.

Very dispicable person. She obviously wouldn't think twice about disabling someone elses son!