Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

Wow, makes you wonder if people are just thick or is some sort of mental illness or disorder leading to this sort of panic.

Gotta get petrol....as if thats going to save your life in an apocalypse. it's England, someone will just knife you and steal you generator and gas.  Sigh.

Hope things return to normalcy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MPH said:

I would just full up whenever you get the chance. I’m sure you do that anyway. 

with that mileage, if you pass a petrol station that’s got no ques, I’d just pop in. Even if you have half a tank. I wouldn’t call that hoarding at all. But proactive based on your petrol consumption. 

same with a pregnant wife. Might be rushing to the hospital any day now and got to be prepared. 

I also applaud those who don’t have the need to fuel up and don’t. 

Managed to fill up early this morning with no bother, thanks though.

27 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Managed to fill up early this morning with no bother, thanks though.

2 minutes ago, masterg59 said:

I passed 4 petrol stations yesterday afternoon, only Morrisons had a bit of a queue.

It’s hit and miss down here - 

seems to be much better when diesel is unavailable. The one I went to this morning had no queue at all.  Because no diesel according to the cashier.  on a dual carriageway so I guess with no queue, drivers assume no fuel there and by the time they see there is, they’ve driven past.  Had it been a normal road I think people would turn around, a small queue would form and then become bigger etc etc …

33 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58758738

As if the Dems don't have enough of a fight to pick with the neofascist enablers on the other side of the aisle, they want to pick a fight with each other, too. Unwise.

Tbf they're probably struggling to tell each other apart. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-58650753

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Met Police are taking the piss surely lol

It’s a ridiculous statement for the met to make. It makes them sound like they’re just throwing blind suggestions out in hope it will be taken seriously.

Its an extremely difficult subject to properly dissect with causing real offence to either sex. You simply can’t flippantly say all men need to take heed, because they’re are plenty of men out there who aren’t even close to this. 

But it’s also no lie that violence and abuse towards women and girls is mostly committed by men. 

So rather than making a rather ridiculous and unhelpful statement like this, the police, the IOPC, the home office and women’s anti violence charities need to come together and try and think of a way where the justice system can try and be somewhat proactive when coming to violence against women. 

The met usually handle things appallingly and have done so again, to suggest Sarah shouldn’t have been so “submissive” when Cuzons performed an illegal arrest is frankly insane, when an officer decides to flash his warrant card what else would she have done? 

Extremely damaging experience for the met, and it’s always ripples through all of the forces. 

• Like 1

The media firstly trying to convince us yesterday that the fuel crisis they have created was coming to an end.Then this morning completely ignoring it.As if under reporting will now make the problem go away.We have eyes ffs.Yesterday was the worst day yet.Today no better.London and the south east are bone dry.Tonight it’s back to reassurances.They really do hate us.

Shame on anyone who has panic bought and is continuing to join queues.Try walking your fat kids to school for a change!!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

The media firstly trying to convince us yesterday that the fuel crisis they have created was coming to an end.Then this morning completely ignoring it.As if under reporting will now make the problem go away.We have eyes ffs.Yesterday was the worst day yet.Today no better.London and the south east are bone dry.Tonight it’s back to reassurances.They really do hate us.

Shame on anyone who has panic bought and is continuing to join queues.Try walking your fat kids to school for a change!!

My kids aren’t fat and one of them goes to school 5 miles away, so making him walk would be a little harsh. 
I’m currently in a queue for diesel as I need it to get to work. 

But appreciate your comments 

Things seem to be calming down here in Wales, managed to fill up no problem at Asda on Thursday and there was still petrol and no queues yesterday. 

Looks like it's just London and the SE struggling

59 minutes ago, Parafox said:

When I read the headline, I was wondering why anyone would transport mortars. I thought that might be a job for the army. lol

They're already pretty busy lol

My favourite bit is the claim that one of the drivers said "you could have stopped and told us that you weren't a petrol tanker"

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58771927

I hope the families take him for everything he has and he lives out the rest of his life in the most impoverished, destitute ignominy imaginable.

It's truly pathetic, isn't it?

It's not like him and his ilk believe the crap they come out with. It's just grift - monetising talking rubbish and selling weird pills to morons. It's entirely appropriate that the penalty is financial ruin

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Great job by the police to gather evidence for an investigation of this magnitude.  Unfortunately it's only a matter of time before a new line is established and the whole process has to start again.  Rinse and repeat.