Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Organised religion needs binning. Load of old shite.

I read 3001 years ago, the second follow up to 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C Clarke. In that, religious people were considered insane by the rest of society. 

20 hours ago, MPH said:

Captain Kirk is going into space!

Captain Kirk: Bezos' Blue Origin to send William Shatner into space https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58792761

When he gets up there, let's hope he feels the urge to "sing" this again....nearly as good as his versions of Common People and Bohemian Rhapsody.

7 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

When he gets up there, let's hope he feels the urge to "sing" this again....nearly as good as his versions of Common People and Bohemian Rhapsody.

either that or he’ll put his arms in a weird position and shout

” To infinity…. And beyond!”

• Like 1

I mean, they had the option to ensure it never happened again but they chose the Church's reputation over justice and moved nonce/killer priests & nuns from district to district from city to city and from country to country to evade any sort of justice.

Governments need to grow some ****ing balls and hold these evil cvnts accountable.

I think the vatican and catholics in general need to demand more from their religious leaders. You are nothing without the people. I feel for those who have to defend their religion because of some sick pedophile is hiding behind the cloth to do their deeds.

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yup.

I dont get some people. The hardcores on either side need to chill but ultimately 6 weeks is a bit of a joke.. i think they can set a realistic # of weeks (not a fan of the 20 plus unless it's a direct relation to mothers health or rape, incest etc) but personal opinion and i remain open on it from educational standpoint.

Having said that, if you dont believe in abortions good on you and don't ever have one.  If you do and require one for whatever reasons you have then that's your decision. Worry about your own body and family and keep out of others. 

• Like 1

On 05/10/2021 at 10:40, ealingfox said:

Organised religion needs binning. Load of old shite.

People have always said this. We all have this irrational anger towards the one who created us. So much so that we crucified him. 

Yet he is the same today as he always has been and always will be. 

He told those who believe in him that they will be hated on his account. 

Yet faith remains and always will do, praise the Lord. 

Jesus is and always will be my king. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Benguin said:

People have always said this. We all have this irrational anger towards the one who created us. So much so that we crucified him. 

I have no irrational anger to the one you think created us, because I don't believe he exists, so how can I be angry at him.

I'm angry at people who use organised religion to justify violence or cover up noncing.

This old radio 4 piece is probably as true now as it was over a decade ago

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

I've always thought that if God wants us to praise him, he'd want it to be earnest, not reciting monotone words from a piece of paper every week, our thoughts dictated to us by a man in fancy robes.  I think following his son's teachings of doing unto others as you'd have them do to you is good enough, and you don't need a wealth-hoarding ring of molester defenders to achieve that. Besides, Jesus died for our sins so we've all got a get out of jail free card. 

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

You can’t really be angry at something you don’t believe exists. 

You can however look at the world around you, then look at the idea of a god being presented by organised religions and find the idea of such a thing utterly offensive and obscene. As I do. Same with the idea of sin. I find it vile.

It’s also perfectly reasonable to want absolute freedom from organised religion - keeping it out of our schools, our laws and our culture, and to want that freedom for others too. Especially for the many millions of victims of the Catholic Church or Islamist extremists, many of whom would have been faithful themselves. 

• Like 3