Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

9 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've always thought that if God wants us to praise him, he'd want it to be earnest, not reciting monotone words from a piece of paper every week, our thoughts dictated to us by a man in fancy robes.  I think following his son's teachings of doing unto others as you'd have them do to you is good enough, and you don't need a wealth-hoarding ring of molester defenders to achieve that. Besides, Jesus died for our sins so we've all got a get out of jail free card. 

Id agree that's why I'm not Catholic. 

Jesus died for all of those who believe in him, not everyone. You need faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved. 

10 hours ago, Benguin said:

People have always said this. We all have this irrational anger towards the one who created us. So much so that we crucified him. 

Yet he is the same today as he always has been and always will be. 

He told those who believe in him that they will be hated on his account. 

Yet faith remains and always will do, praise the Lord. 

Jesus is and always will be my king. 

What would have happened if Jesus hadn't been crucified?

4 hours ago, Benguin said:

Id agree that's why I'm not Catholic. 

Jesus died for all of those who believe in him, not everyone. You need faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved. 

I'm speaking from experience at CoE and Methodist churches, the latter being imo more sincere as an expression of Christianity.  At the end of the day though I can't jive with the idea that you can be a Hitler or Pol Pot, be a serial rapist or murderer, yet end up with the same fate as a Florence Nightingale type as long as you have an epiphany on your death bed, it's pure illogical fantasy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm speaking from experience at CoE and Methodist churches, the latter being imo more sincere as an expression of Christianity.  At the end of the day though I can't jive with the idea that you can be a Hitler or Pol Pot, be a serial rapist or murderer, yet end up with the same fate as a Florence Nightingale type as long as you have an epiphany on your death bed, it's pure illogical fantasy.

So you'd prefer a model based on good deeds, or if you're good you go to heaven and bad hell? 

40 minutes ago, Benguin said:

So you'd prefer a model based on good deeds, or if you're good you go to heaven and bad hell? 

I think there is no model which won't be logically fallacious in some way short of divine powers meeting with every single person to explain what is actually expected of them. Speaking through humans who can't even get a single story straight among themselves is such an obviously flawed way of passing down a grand design that I fail to see how any benevolent, omniscient deity would resort to it.  Just be nice to eachother and stop worrying about it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Benguin said:

We'd all be dead In our sin. He was crucified and raised though. 

So if we didn’t have an irrational anger towards the one who created us, we wouldn’t have crucified him and he wouldn’t have been able to save us. By that logic, it’s a good job we crucified him.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

1. In church 

2. Down the pub 

3. on the karsi 

4. in my loft 

5. At the footy ..

??????

It would appear my line of questioning has caused offence and now this comment in isolation makes you look like a crazy person lol

• Haha 2

Toy retailers are now saying that due to blockages at ports and the "shortages of HGV drivers" could have an impact on deliveries of the "most popular toys this Christmas". 

This to me, smacks of generating panic buying and is irresponsible and should be stopped or at least investigated.

I have a friend who runs a truck driver agency and he says his books are full of available drivers. He sees no problem with delivering as long as the supply stock is there. The problem is keeping supply up with demand and, by it's very nature, panic buying will increase demand on supply and logistics and artificially create shortages. 

Edited by Parafox

Apparently Shatner was ‘terrified’ when he went up in rich boys rocket ..  well I’m sorry but that just doesn’t stack up imo  ..  cus not that long ago he was boldly going where no man had gone before, killing Klingons and fearlessly knocking the sh1t out of any other nasty aliens that got in his way.  This is totally illogical and I would estimate that the probability of it occurring is approximately 0.00000453. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Supt Clothier said: "We understand some people may want additional reassurance when interacting with a lone police officer and when you are alone.

"If this is the case, genuine officers can use their police radio on loudspeaker to talk to the operator in the police control room."

Except any old crook with a walkie-talkie and a mate on the other end can easily falsify this kind of interaction. 

I don't see why they can't set up a system where you call 999, explain you're with an alleged officer and give his badge number, the operator randomly generates a short number or word for you which they then also send to the police control room who in turn repeat over the walkie-talkie to your supposed police person.  Much like how banks or other online services send you texts with random numbers to confirm your identity.  Should be easy enough to implement.

• Like 1