Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

On 27/10/2021 at 06:25, Alf Bentley said:

I'm not attracted by the prospect of watching Piers Morgan eat maggots on TV.

On the other hand, I'd pay good money to watch maggots eat Piers Morgan..... :ph34r:

hopefully there will be a ‘ swim with the sharks’ challenge we can all vote for

:ph34r:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-59079392

"A man who sent deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner a threatening email telling her to "watch your back and your kids" has been sentenced. Benjamin Iliffe, 36, admitted sending the email to the Ashton-under-Lyne MP from his personal account [and] was sentenced to 15 weeks in prison, suspended for 18 months. He was also made subject of a two-year restraining order not to contact Ms Rayner directly or indirectly, not to talk about her on social media and not to go to her office in Ashton-under-Lyne in Greater Manchester. Iliffe pleaded guilty at Huntingdon Magistrates' Court to sending the email and possessing a quantity of cannabis when he was arrested".

Hey! @Buce I thought you stoners were supposed to be a chilled, mellow, peaceful bunch, unlike all these troublesome, anti-social pissheads, like I used to be...... ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

"A man who sent deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner a threatening email telling her to "watch your back and your kids" has been sentenced. Benjamin Iliffe, 36, admitted sending the email to the Ashton-under-Lyne MP from his personal account [and] was sentenced to 15 weeks in prison, suspended for 18 months. He was also made subject of a two-year restraining order not to contact Ms Rayner directly or indirectly, not to talk about her on social media and not to go to her office in Ashton-under-Lyne in Greater Manchester. Iliffe pleaded guilty at Huntingdon Magistrates' Court to sending the email and possessing a quantity of cannabis when he was arrested".

Hey! @Buce I thought you stoners were supposed to be a chilled, mellow, peaceful bunch, unlike all these troublesome, anti-social pissheads, like I used to be...... ;)

Clearly a nefarious alcoholic has hacked his email account, then Old Bill beat a confession out of him.

• Haha 2

That lad that killed the two sisters (pact with devil to win the lottery or whatever it was) can't have a whole life sentence cus he was only 18 when he did it ...  what a load of cobblers.  And both sentences for murdering each girl run concurrently ! ...  even bigger cobblers !! ...   it's almost kill one get one free !!   So wrong.

• Like 3

Apparently a secret microphone has been placed in the room where Biden and the Pope are having their meeting ..  

Sleepy Joe :  Howdy ! …. zzzzzzzzzzz …. zzzzzzzz ….

Popey :  whadayousay ?! ….  zzzzzz … zzzzzzz …..  

Tape ends ..

On 28/10/2021 at 17:49, Alf Bentley said:

I'd have thought they'd have sentenced to lliffe

On 27/10/2021 at 09:29, ealingfox said:

What a brilliant self-own

Yes we've all been saying the same for some time, Liverpool Echo

Bloody knew it...It Really wasn t scousers jacking our Cars nicking wheels & gratefully Leaving them on bricks...

These Aliens are going too Bloody  far...

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Strange, I thought women were allowed to kill their husbands these days if they complained about anything?

• Thanks 2

Any unborn twins planning to be born around 2.00am tomorrow morning should try to time it so that the younger one doesn't turn out to be the older one and vice versa! That's what can happen if the clocks go back between births.

Edited by String fellow

Question for the males….

This recent issue of people being injected in night clubs, I don’t go to clubs a late night bars any more, but do we think door staff should now be conducting door step searches of males before allowing entry? 

What needs to be done to stop such horrendous acts from happening?  

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Question for the males….

This recent issue of people being injected in night clubs, I don’t go to clubs a late night bars any more, but do we think door staff should now be conducting door step searches of males before allowing entry? 

It's like similar issues like spiking drinks to be honest, which plays into the whole "rape culture" discussion in general. It's always been about power and abuse of it.

You can probably mitigate the problem by doing those searches, or you can try to mitigate the root cause through education. Some blokes aren't born terrible predators, things that happen in their lives turn them into them. Preventing that before it occurs is critically important.

Probably an approach involving both is needed.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Question for the males….

Interesting idea.

I think you can try to educate all you like but psychopaths are going to be psychopaths. So your comment makes me wonder: How would “the market” react to this? If there’s a club where you get searched on entry and a club twenty metres away where you don’t, to which one will people gravitate?

Then again I’ve never been a clubber so I don’t know whether people apply that kind of decision-making on a night out.

19 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Interesting idea.

I think you can try to educate all you like but psychopaths are going to be psychopaths. So your comment makes me wonder: How would “the market” react to this? If there’s a club where you get searched on entry and a club twenty metres away where you don’t, to which one will people gravitate?

Then again I’ve never been a clubber so I don’t know whether people apply that kind of decision-making on a night out.

Presumably women would want to go to the one where blokes are being searched, therefore blokes would also want to go to it?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Interesting idea.

Unless there's an inherent quality for psychopathy in some people (which I don't believe and never will, and if there is it's down to chemical imbalances that can be addressed), I don't really believe that.

Of course, converting a psychopath is much much harder than preventing a potential one from becoming one in the first place, so more than one approach is indeed needed.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you are quite limited in what you can take into a night club already. I feel like since we're talking of a very small object that it would be impossible to stop them by searches. My night club days are behind me though so no idea what it's like at the moment. 

Searching people would never work as it’s too easy to conceal small items. I think it’s a case of extra staff vigilance, cctv, threats of tougher legal consequences and having a plan with friends who will watch each others actions. 
These are mostly measures that the potential victims have to take so are grossly unfair but as a father to two daughters, one currently in University, I am like a stuck record when they go out at weekends. 

4 minutes ago, Otis said:

Two trains collide 'with one left on its side' in accident near Salisbury - with emergency services racing to the scene

Reports say up to 12 injured and one driver trapped in their cab. Hope there are no serious injuries.