Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

14 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Why should anybody be pressured into having sex with anyone?

The implication is that if you find women attractive, but not trans women, then you are transphobic.  Even if those trans women have a cock and you don’t find cocks attractive.

9 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The implication is that if you find women attractive, but not trans women, then you are transphobic.  Even if those trans women have a cock and you don’t find cocks attractive.

I'm assuming that you read urbans earlier post and see the nuance in the topic in general?

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Things are changing linguistically so fast that a woman who lost her job for saying biological sex exists because that was considered transphobic, won support from JK Rowling who put across the women’s safety argument in a 3000 word essay, saying many times she also supports trans rights. But because she has a contrary position she’s treated like she’s Queen TERF, and the situation is so toxic around it she wasn’t even invited to talk about the 20 year anniversary of the Harry Potter films. This is where there must be distinction drawn between actual trans people and trans activists - the latter of whom aren’t even always trans. Last year on GMB Piers Morgan had a debate between an actual trans woman and a LGBT activist and the trans woman was in full agreement with JK Rowling. 

Where we’re at currently is biological women who just want freedom from biological men, and trans women ( and trans men) who just want to be accepted and live their lives like my mate’s husband is doing, like normal human beings. It’s culturally a huge issue online, where there’s no in between permitted generally, with the extremes being the loudest.

So, this is what I was talking about extremes.

You'd be forgiven for saying so what, she's a billionaire, she can stand up for herself, even in the face of this sort of thing:

She's even had pipe bomb threats on twitter; but it's not about her. There's many, many women without a public profile who are hounded, harassed, threatened, attacked; simply for having a different point of view. Because the extremists are trying to push the idea that having this different point of view - about biology and women only spaces for vulnerable biological women - is *actual* violence towards trans people and is a direct threat to their existence. 

Most recently a lesbian Lecturer at Sussex University resigned after she was subjected to protests, intimidation campaigns and abuse:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnc4lErsJuOc11ifZBw24

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlZGidCanFjWvoHwojXe1

Not so say that some people don't 'earn' the abuse they get - Graham Linehan (Father Ted, IT Crowd) destroyed his own career and marriage with his obsession on this issue, calling trans people groomers and targeting trans charities until he was kicked off twitter. But then he wasn't entirely wrong about the medicalisation of children:

Another problem that self ID is creating is that thanks to activists and some organisations, more and more young people are deciding they’re trans and end up becoming medicalised. As in, some children as young as 3 are being referred to trans treatment clinics and when they’re about to go through puberty, are put on puberty blockers which prevents the natural process from happening. This is still fairly new and there’s a lot of controversy around it, as the looong term effects aren’t really known. Lots of people object to it on other grounds, such as age of consent and the irresponsibility medicalising young people for life. There’s a lot of people “detransitioning”, believing they were given the wrong treatment and were medicalised before natural puberty could take place. Someone won a case recently because she went through ‘top surgery’ (had her breasts removed) based on the treatment she’d been given because of her dysphoria, then later decided to live as a woman again. Her argument was that the charity and clinic had used her vulnerability to make life changing body alterations when she deserved better care. 

Mermaids and the Tavistock Clinic are both extremely controversial because while they're there to support trans people and help them with their dysphoria, less 'liberal' parents and detrans campaigners are saying they are just telling vulnerable children that they should just transition and put them on medical treatments instead of treating their mental health issues. 

Again, this is all just opinion and I don't want to 'harm' anyone, feminist or trans, for saying what I'm seeing. It's a hugely sensitive and confusing topic, I just can't stand such extreme attitudes on any side of any topic.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

You'd be forgiven for saying so what, she's a billionaire, she can stand up for herself, even in the face of this sort of thing:

She's even had pipe bomb threats on twitter; but it's not about her. There's many, many women without a public profile who are hounded, harassed, threatened, attacked; simply for having a different point of view. Because the extremists are trying to push the idea that having this different point of view - about biology and women only spaces for vulnerable biological women - is *actual* violence towards trans people and is a direct threat to their existence. 

Most recently a lesbian Lecturer at Sussex University resigned after she was subjected to protests, intimidation campaigns and abuse:

Not so say that some people don't 'earn' the abuse they get - Graham Linehan (Father Ted, IT Crowd) destroyed his own career and marriage with his obsession on this issue, calling trans people groomers and targeting trans charities until he was kicked off twitter. But then he wasn't entirely wrong about the medicalisation of children:

Mermaids and the Tavistock Clinic are both extremely controversial because while they're there to support trans people and help them with their dysphoria, less 'liberal' parents and detrans campaigners are saying they are just telling vulnerable children that they should just transition and put them on medical treatments instead of treating their mental health issues. 

Again, this is all just opinion and I don't want to 'harm' anyone, feminist or trans, for saying what I'm seeing. It's a hugely sensitive and confusing topic, I just can't stand such extreme attitudes on any side of any topic.

The views in extremis help no one, that's for sure.

But I'm also at a loss as to how to best encourage the most marginalised demographic in the UK to become more socially accepted, and I grow tired of seeing friends of mine being subjected to abuse simply by experiencing dysphoria and wanting to correct it. And, with respect, sometimes that threat to their existence is real - again, more so than any other demographic.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The views in extremis help no one, that's for sure.

But I'm also at a loss as to how to best encourage the most marginalised demographic in the UK to become more socially accepted, and I grow tired of seeing friends of mine being subjected to abuse simply by experiencing dysphoria and wanting to correct it. And, with respect, sometimes that threat to their existence is real - again, more so than any other demographic.

Probably the same way homosexuals have managed to become more socially accepted, time and education. 

These changes don't happen overnight and expecting it to correct itself by force in a short length of time, regardless of intent or fairness, is imo a bit misguided. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Probably the same way homosexuals have managed to become more socially accepted, time and education. 

These changes don't happen overnight and expecting it to correct itself by force in a short length of time, regardless of intent or fairness, is imo a bit misguided. 

I can't disagree there, particularly the second paragraph.

It's just extremely unfortunate the cost that will have to be paid in the meantime, and I do wish there were another way.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

man fleeing from a knife fight scene.

why do people always have to come up with a colour?  Can’t it just be a sickening and violent crime?

I havent seen any reference to colour in the reports ?  It wouldnt have relevance in any case 

Edited by st albans fox

2 hours ago, I am Rod Hull said:

Black supremist attack ?

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I havent seen any reference to colour in the reports ?  It would have relevance in any case 

i was quoting this guy. And I’m assuming you meant it would NOT have relevance?

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

no one does. 

but from what I can see they have know concluded that the guy was fleeing the scene of a knife fight

I agree best not to assume it's about race until that's actually confirmed or more details. I know the media tend to do this however. 

Looking like he intentionally ran down people. If it's a knife incident you'd assume that he'd simply drive a few blocks away, lock the doors. No need to plow through a parade full of kids.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I agree best not to assume it's about race until that's actually confirmed or more details. I know the media tend to do this however. 

Looking like he intentionally ran down people. If it's a knife incident you'd assume that he'd simply drive a few blocks away, lock the doors. No need to plow through a parade full of kids.

unless of course he’s been a very naughty boy!

6 hours ago, I am Rod Hull said:

Black supremist attack ?

4 hours ago, MPH said:

man fleeing from a knife fight scene.

why do people always have to come up with a colour?  Can’t it just be a sickening and violent crime?

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Yes. - corrected 

how does he know ? 

4 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

More on the above:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59378571

"Waukesha police also said the incident was not an act of terrorism."

The fuzz don't think it was ideologically motivated then. Seems like a criminal fleeing a scene and panicked.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Personally I think it's outrageous that JK Rowling decided to put her house right where some activists were innocently taking a photo. Such blatant provocation - she's not even trying to hide her bigotry any more...

• Haha 1