Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

41 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The leaders of my country are absolutely nuts. War with Russia will not be like war with Iraq. For me the Russians are the only ones left with some sanity. One thing I know for sure is that the Russians will not start it. Propaganda 24/7 just like last time and the last and the last.....

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/12/us-intelligence-has-found-easy-to-disprove-claims-of-a-russian-attack-on-ukraine.html

War with Russia would be utterly insane, because every sane person would know exactly how it ends.

It's all sabre-rattling.

40 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The leaders of my country are absolutely nuts. War with Russia will not be like war with Iraq. For me the Russians are the only ones left with some sanity. One thing I know for sure is that the Russians will not start it. Propaganda 24/7 just like last time and the last and the last.....

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/12/us-intelligence-has-found-easy-to-disprove-claims-of-a-russian-attack-on-ukraine.html

You mean the Russia who has troops in Ukraine? That Russia?  

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

I’m no expert on this situation, but I do seem to remember a democratically elected government being overthrown somewhere along the line.With US and EU support.The sort of uprising that usually gets outright condemnation on these pages.

As for propaganda,Just one small example.Scroll back a ton of pages and there are posts claiming that Britain could not only take on China militarily,but beat them.On our own      FFS

Yes I’m ready for a barrage of bullshit.

• Like 1

No wonder the world is a **** up!

Congressman Thomas Massie and his family bearing a collection of military-style assault rifles

"Merry Christmas! ps. Santa, please bring ammo".

Thomas Massie's photo was posted on Twitter a few days after a Michigan school shooting left four students dead

Kentucky's Republican representative, Thomas Massie posted a Christmas photograph of his family posing with military-style rifles, just days after a deadly school shooting

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

I’m no expert on this situation, but I do seem to remember a democratically elected government being overthrown somewhere along the line.With US and EU support.The sort of uprising that usually gets outright condemnation on these pages.

As for propaganda,Just one small example.Scroll back a ton of pages and there are posts claiming that Britain could not only take on China militarily,but beat them.On our own      FFS

Yes I’m ready for a barrage of bullshit.

Its endless the ignorance. I'm waiting for the reason that Nato has been banging(color revolutions) on their border since the USSR broke up(after it promised not to:D). The Ukraine is in the process of becoming a failed state and the only thing Russia wants to do is to protect the Donbass(mostly native Russian speakers). The last thing Russia wants to do is acquire a failed state that the US/Nato have trashed.

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

You mean the Russia who has troops in Ukraine? That Russia?  

A bit more complicated than that isn't it? First there's the Minsk Agreements which have in no way been honored by the Ukrainian government. Then there's the Ukrainian government attacking their own people(Russian speakers). One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter and so on...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_Protocol

6 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Let’s hope both side’s have remembered the art of withdrawing from the brink,without losing face.It’s been a while 

Somehow Russia losing 27 million people in WWII has made an impact. The US and Nato not so much.

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Let’s hope both side’s have remembered the art of withdrawing from the brink,without losing face.It’s been a while 

Hopefully there are enough people involved who have a true understanding of what escalation means, yes.

15 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Somehow Russia losing 27 million people in WWII has made an impact. The US and Nato not so much.

I remember seeing the below picture on a postboard in an Irkutsk coffee shop when I was there in 2016. If only more people thought this way.

strongertogether.jpg

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Hopefully there are enough people involved who have a true understanding of what escalation means, yes.

I remember seeing the below picture on a postboard in an Irkutsk coffee shop when I was there in 2016. If only more people thought this way.

strongertogether.jpg

Christ, that would be cold this time of year. I take it you were there in the summer?  

2 hours ago, SexyGammonFox said:

You know when a thread has gone quite a long way to the left when you start to ask yourself whether Stalin or Trotsky won the argument.

TBH I think the icepick incident makes that one rather obvious.

In any case, regarding the issue itself; everyone involved needs to frankly calm the fvck down.

I know its just little old Australia but... 
Currently our PM (unquestionably leader of the most corrupt Gvt in our history) is begging a state leader, who had to step down due to a corruption investigation, to be a member of his party for the next election.

He has refused to introduce a federal corruption watchdog and has lost more ministers to allegations and corruption than ever before and now accuses the independent commission of being  corrupt. Fvck me this is Trump level bullshit.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/07/legal-experts-condemn-scott-morrisons-continuing-attacks-on-icac-as-disgraceful-and-stupid

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I know its just little old Australia but... 
Currently our PM (unquestionably leader of the most corrupt Gvt in our history) is begging a state leader, who had to step down due to a corruption investigation, to be a member of his party for the next election.

He has refused to introduce a federal corruption watchdog and has lost more ministers to allegations and corruption than ever before and now accuses the independent commission of being  corrupt. Fvck me this is Trump level bullshit.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/07/legal-experts-condemn-scott-morrisons-continuing-attacks-on-icac-as-disgraceful-and-stupid

Its not surprise he doesn't care that she may have inappropriately awarded grants to Maguire's constituency.  The man has literally no discernible moral compass.  Its a close run thing whether he or Boris is more of a twat.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its not surprise he doesn't care that she may have inappropriately awarded grants to Maguire's constituency.  The man has literally no discernible moral compass.  Its a close run thing whether he or Boris is more of a twat.

I see you’ve quickly got your bearings in Aussie politics. Took me much longer.

Really hope this place doesn’t end up following the US down the rabbit hole. I don’t think it will as most Aussies are actually quite sensible.

• Haha 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59526098

The Dems really don't do themselves any favours when they have the power they need to evoke real, meaningful change and simply squander it through petty infighting.

The Repubs may be packed to the rafters with religious fundies, cryptofascists and their enablers, but most of the time they do get stuff done when they say they will. Not that that's necessarily a good thing, though.

Just now, leicsmac said:

There's a thread about fourteen threads below this one on GC in which this bloke would be better suited.

I know - as bad as it is, I just didn't feel it warranted being alongside the current level of cuntery in there. 

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I know - as bad as it is, I just didn't feel it warranted being alongside the current level of cuntery in there. 

True enough. Doesn't belong with child abusers and politicians looking to turn race and gender relations back to before the 1950s, I guess.

But pretty nasty in its own way.