Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59692826

Nothing wrong with the legislation itself, but Senor Rubio seems intensely interested in vulnerable people thousands of miles away but couldn't give a toss about those at his own border looking for a better life. Or, indeed, about the life of any vulnerable woman if his thoughts on the current challenges to Roe v Wade are to be believed.

He nor any other Repub have any moral authority whatsoever on the suffering of strangers.

58 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

To be fair, he's turned into a right bell-end.

Makes a documentary on Cancel Culture being wrong. Cancels BBC interview when he doesn't like the questions. Threatens to cancel them even more by complaining. 

Yeah he's really doing his damndest to undo all the goodwill the Python & Fawlty years bought him

All down to one thing with the Cleese interview ..  she said ‘old fashioned’ and that was that ..  he probably never listened to anything she said after that ..  an over the hill comedian who doesn’t like being reminded he is now a boring old fooker ..  quite embarrassing really.  Interviewer didn’t do a thing wrong.  

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

As the song goes ..  There maybe trouble aheeeead ..  

3349DE12-9C0A-4F21-8451-89881D5D7113.jpeg

The pedestrian one won't be too much change since we're all already used to them stepping out without looking!

I do take small issue with cyclists being expected to lane hog at all times though. It's not even new advice that, but as someone who cycles to and from work every day - a fair chunk of it on small single carriageways with no bike lane - I don't particularly like the idea of holding everyone else up (not that I really do, I'm fast as fvck boiii) so I generally keep left anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The pedestrian one won't be too much change since we're all already used to them stepping out without looking!

I do take small issue with cyclists being expected to lane hog at all times though. It's not even new advice that, but as someone who cycles to and from work every day - a fair chunk of it on small single carriageways with no bike lane - I don't particularly like the idea of holding everyone else up (not that I really do, I'm fast as fvck boiii) so I generally keep left anyway.

There is a time and place to "lane hog" and it`s just about understanding what`s going on around you. I do it when coming up to junctions and roundabouts when possible. No cyclist is going to ride in the middle of the road all day unless they`re insane. 

• Like 1

Very surprised that cyclists should now occupy the centre of the lane. If I cycled from say Billesdon to Thurnby on the A47 in that manner and a 30-ton truck came hurtling along behind me, what's supposed to happen? The lorry driver would probably think that hitting and killing me would be the least bad of his options, especially if there was traffic coming the other way.

3 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Can't see many drivers following the first one. Cars have always supposed to give way to any pedestrian who happens to be already in the road you're turning into but most think you should run or jump out the way.

The first one is a rule apparently as opposed to the second one which is 'advice'.   The fun will start as more people try and follow the new rules/advice and others don't realise things have changed.   Like I said ...   this sort of dabbling never ends well ...   no matter now well it is intended.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Didn't one country (Sweden?) actually change the side of the road you drive on some years ago?

Wow! Think of the carnage that could/would cause.

Found it

Yeah, but I think they minimised the chaos by not doing it all at once. Surnames starting A-L switched sides one weekend, M-Z the next.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Makes a documentary on Cancel Culture being wrong. Cancels BBC interview when he doesn't like the questions. Threatens to cancel them even more by complaining. 

Go to 0:18 for the most on point John Cleese impression you'll find.

• Haha 3

On 17/12/2021 at 08:36, Carl the Llama said:

...Hope your bike has air bags mate...

On 17/12/2021 at 11:58, SecretPro said:

I agree to an extent but in fairness, he's obviously gone into the interview with the expectation of it being about his shows and he walks out after 5 minutes of questions about cancel culture and coronavirus. Seems to me like they didn't really intend on talking about his show.

• Like 3

On 17/12/2021 at 19:58, SecretPro said:

An individual choosing not to participate in something, or indeed making a complaint, is not cancel culture, and using the word cancel a lot doesn’t make it so.

• Like 2

On 17/12/2021 at 20:56, BKLFox said:

How’s the Uk-Oz trade deal going down with everyone both here and for our representatives down under? 

lack of response suggests noone outside of corrupt conservative politicians care :)

7 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

lack of response suggests noone outside of corrupt conservative politicians care :)

I can’t say I’ve heard a great deal of noise about the trade deal. Isn’t it worth less than a billion dollars? Bad idea anyway with goods having to be transported from half a world away with accompanying emissions. Better to trade with near neighbours :ph34r:

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1