Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

25 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Dude thinks he is a Sith lord. Reckon a padded cell is probably the best place for him tbh.

Like all psychos who this sort of thing. It’s crazy where he got his rational from. An incident he wasn’t even alive for. I don’t even think the queen was. 

5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59741141

Interested to see how this turns out. One of those policies that looks great on paper, until insurance companies start raising new customer prices through the roof I guess. All because people can't be arsed to spend 5 minutes a year charging providers. Mental. 

Disagree. This has always been a scam in my opinion and I would welcome it here in Oz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Somebody remind me: how many kids does the Pope have?

Pope calls couples who choose pets over having children ‘selfish’

Pontiff says denial of fatherhood and motherhood diminishes people and takes away their humanity

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/05/pope-couples-choose-pets-children-selfish

Actually quite agree with him. I have pet cats and no children despite being wealthy enough to have both, and a lot of that is simply because our lifestyle would drastically change if we were to have children. Might happen someday but for now I quite enjoy being selfish and living my own life. Better, I think, than having children before I've lived and trying to vicariously live through them.

4 hours ago, Buce said:

Somebody remind me: how many kids does the Pope have?

Pope calls couples who choose pets over having children ‘selfish’

Pontiff says denial of fatherhood and motherhood diminishes people and takes away their humanity

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/05/pope-couples-choose-pets-children-selfish

Hypocrisy and the church? I'm not having that. :dry:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Actually quite agree with him. I have pet cats and no children despite being wealthy enough to have both, and a lot of that is simply because our lifestyle would drastically change if we were to have children. Might happen someday but for now I quite enjoy being selfish and living my own life. Better, I think, than having children before I've lived and trying to vicariously live through them.

Dv5jN8RUcAIp-oK.jpg

21 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Its where we were and have now had a child but it will be our only one. By having one child we can offer him the sort of lifestyle we want and still be comfortable. Having 2 would involve more compromise financially and I think many couples think in this way now.

We were torn between having one and just filling the sad void with a healthy lifestyle and lots of holidays.

21 hours ago, Innovindil said:

How old are you, out of interest?

I'm late 20's and see a lot of people I went to school with having kids now, some two or three, yet it's never crossed my mind as I want to do so much before even considering. Plus I couldn't imagine myself with a child lol

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm late 20's and see a lot of people I went to school with having kids now, some two or three, yet it's never crossed my mind as I want to do so much before even considering. Plus I couldn't imagine myself with a child lol

Just turned 33 and the missus has just turned 35. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Got 2 brothers and a sister that all have kids now. Most of my mates have at least 1. This is the year where we are actually going to sit down and discuss it properly since we're both coming into a bit of inheritance and the missus is worried she's getting towards the end of her birthing days. It's gonna be a cointoss I reckon. She'd probably give up working even though she enjoys it but sitting at home all day being a housewife would probably do her nut in. 

I'll stop rambling now. lol:facepalm:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Late 20s? 30th birthday this year by any chance, Fox92? ;)

Mind you, can't always make assumptions from names or the blurb next to FT photos: I just misread "Rodgers IN" as your location and thought you were living in a small town in Indiana.

I'm with you on your point, though. By my late 20s, I was just about becoming capable of looking after myself, but took a couple more years before I'd have been able to look after a child.....finally reaching parenthood just short of 42.

Said child is now sufficiently close to adulthood that I've started looking forward to "doing so much" for the second time, before it's too late. 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-59889762

One year since the...events at the Capitol. And Biden clearly no longer willing to entertain those who still think it was justified. Even as they hide behind denial and accuse him of "politicising" the day.

Of course it's political, guys; folks on your "side" tried to stage an attack upon the results of a free and fair election, and it may have been that they were actually close to some degree of success. Deny it all you like, but that is what happened. Own it or disavow it. 

• Like 1

The good thing about it though is that it led to a rather remarkable rant from one @Carl the Llamathat merits repeating here a year on:

"Honestly I'm so done with pussyfooting around because supporters of bigoted wannabe fash tyrants might get hurt by saying that's what they are.  If you can't condemn what happened and if you can't condemn Trump without making some intellectually vacant swing at left wingers who have the square root of fvck all to do with it then you've got brainworms and don't deserve me being nice just because the orange man said you're special."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2