Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

Wasn’t the 30 year old in question autistic? I mean they could barely look into the camera and does 25 hours of dog-walking a week. It seems Fox News put the feelers out, found the 30 year old autistic trans dog walker as moderator and set them up to fail. This is standard practice for Fox News, she was likely honeypotted and never stood a chance. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Wasn’t the 30 year old in question autistic? I mean they could barely look into the camera and does 25 hours of dog-walking a week. It seems Fox News put the feelers out, found the 30 year old autistic trans dog walker as moderator and set them up to fail. This is standard practice for Fox News, she was likely honeypotted and never stood a chance. 

It's people who do this that I find more disturbing. 

• Like 1

I've started spending a bit of time on reddit (I know terrible idea). One of the issues is that a sub can grow absolutely massive and be hugely popular but the moderators are just whoever was around at the start or their friends. You've really no idea who they are and they can very suddenly start censoring whatever they want or pushing a certain narrative and splinter subs have a tough time getting going.

• Like 2

A man stopped by police told officers he had been driving with no licence or insurance for more than 70 years.

While on patrol, police pulled over the man near Tesco Extra, in Bulwell, Nottingham, on Wednesday evening.

Officers said the driver - born in 1938 - told them he had been driving with no licence or insurance since he was 12 and had never been stopped by police.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Welcome to the club. Dealing with private equity is its own special kind of hell.  If you don't stop it it will destroy your country top to bottom, Just like here in the US. If my financially captured government(local and federal) can't destroy this monster then this will be the hill the US dies on.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2022/01/many-parts-of-eu-are-in-the-grip-of-an-insidious-housing-boom-new-report-warns.html

3 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

How so?

I'm really not sure that a 'what about us' attitude towards the Holocaust is ever appropriate. 

I'm sure other demographics suffered under the Nazi regime. Plenty of folk were discriminated against and lost their lives in horrendous circumstances either directly or indirectly as a result of these atrocities.

However, the greater than 6 million Jewish deaths are what people's thoughts should be very much focused on. It was an attempt to wipe out an entire population. A 'yeah but we had it bad too' attitude isn't the approach I should be taking on a day of remembrance. To be honest it has an 'all lives matter' feel about it to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

I'm really not sure that a 'what about us' attitude towards the Holocaust is ever appropriate. 

I'm sure other demographics suffered under the Nazi regime. Plenty of folk were discriminated against and lost their lives in horrendous circumstances either directly or indirectly as a result of these atrocities.

However, the greater than 6 million Jewish deaths are what people's thoughts should be very much focused on. It was an attempt to wipe out an entire population. A 'yeah but we had it bad too' attitude isn't the approach I should be taking on a day of remembrance. To be honest it has an 'all lives matter' feel about it to me.

Just as a further to this - the Jewish communities across the world have been roundly persecuted over the years. They're a people with no seeming place. This is a day dedicated to the remembrance of something horrendous happening to their people. It just seems a little...much...to be co-opting that pain. 

36 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

34 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Just as a further to this - the Jewish communities across the world have been roundly persecuted over the years. They're a people with no seeming place. This is a day dedicated to the remembrance of something horrendous happening to their people. It just seems a little...much...to be co-opting that pain. 

I definitely agree with you on the article, the tone doesn’t strike me right either, although I don’t necessarily think it’s worrying. Also while the numbers of the Holocaust and the Nazi’s belief on them as the largest malevolence will always mean, quite rightly, that the Jewish community are the most recognised during the Holocaust, it doesn’t mean that Romanis or smaller minorities shouldn’t also be remembered, many were hit as hard in terms of their proportion of the population, it’s just they happened to have less numbers than Jews in those areas at the time. 

I do remember reading an article once, although I’d struggle to find it again, about a black German during the Nazi era. It was quite interesting because he bought into the Nazi’s belief as a child in the thirties, it wasn’t until he was also ‘othered’ and not allowed to serve in the Wehrmacht that he began to realise the extent of Nazism, and even then I believe he ended up serving in some form for the German war effort. Just goes to show how strange and hypocritical the Nazi system was, and that’s without going into how many leaders had Jewish heritage themselves. 

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Holocaust remembrance day is actually meant to include all victims of Nazism. You're right though, the headline feels a bit off. 

5 hours ago, Buce said:

Haha, alright so far. Anyway, we stocked up in the good times, so should be ok for a couple of months. Preparing to repel boarders - mostly rellies.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

On 28/01/2022 at 14:23, foxile5 said:

On 28/01/2022 at 15:09, Finnaldo said:

I definitely agree with you on the article, the tone doesn’t strike me right either, although I don’t necessarily think it’s worrying. Also while the numbers of the Holocaust and the Nazi’s belief on them as the largest malevolence will always mean, quite rightly, that the Jewish community are the most recognised during the Holocaust, it doesn’t mean that Romanis or smaller minorities shouldn’t also be remembered, many were hit as hard in terms of their proportion of the population, it’s just they happened to have less numbers than Jews in those areas at the time. 

I do remember reading an article once, although I’d struggle to find it again, about a black German during the Nazi era. It was quite interesting because he bought into the Nazi’s belief as a child in the thirties, it wasn’t until he was also ‘othered’ and not allowed to serve in the Wehrmacht that he began to realise the extent of Nazism, and even then I believe he ended up serving in some form for the German war effort. Just goes to show how strange and hypocritical the Nazi system was, and that’s without going into how many leaders had Jewish heritage themselves. 

And a few days later, whoopee Goldberg tries to justify a comment that the holocaust wasn't about race because jews aren't black .........  ignorance is everywhere and dangerous if not challenged.  . 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And a few days later, whoopee Goldberg tries to justify a comment that the holocaust wasn't about race because jews aren't black .........  ignorance is everywhere and dangerous if not challenged.  . 

But I thought it was called 'free thinking'? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Never heard of this bloke, but is that his real name?

He’s been knocking about for years.Always seems to hit the net whenever i watch the scores programs on Saturday afternoon.Sure he got one against us one season.Never knew he’d been done for rape.