Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

On 15/02/2022 at 19:09, Free Falling Foxes said:

They didn`t suddenly drop dead, they died after face planting into the ground, maybe spooked by a predator or disoriented in some way.

The BBC - "A local vet said it could have been due to toxic fumes from a heater or an electrical cable over charge".... What a load of bollox, but that`s the BBC for you.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

They didn`t suddenly drop dead, they died after face planting into the ground, maybe spooked by a predator or disoriented in some way.

The BBC - "A local vet said it could have been due to toxic fumes from a heater or an electrical cable over charge".... What a load of bollox, but that`s the BBC for you.

Well, you're the expert I guess. You spent most of your life with your hand stuck up a bird. ;)

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, I am Rod Hull said:

The physical impact with the ground may have been the mortal blow, but it's the fait accompli prior to that which caused them all to drop headfirst into the ground that the vet is discussing.  If it was as simple as they got spooked by a predator then:

1. This incident wouldn't be nearly as unusual as it is, this kind of thing would happen on a regular basis if there existed an aerial predator so terrifying that entire flocks of birds forget basic physics/orientation and commit mass suicide.  There would be no mystery.

2.  Mexico would be famous for being home to these flying superpredators.

Toxic fumes isn't a daft shout, unexpectedly dense concentrations of noxious gases have been the cause of mysterious mass death events throughout history, look up Lake Nyos for a particularly widespread and dramatic example of this kind of thing.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The physical impact with the ground may have been the mortal blow, but it's the fait accompli prior to that which caused them all to drop headfirst into the ground that the vet is discussing.  If it was as simple as they got spooked by a predator then:

1. This incident wouldn't be nearly as unusual as it is, this kind of thing would happen on a regular basis if there existed an aerial predator so terrifying that entire flocks of birds forget basic physics/orientation and commit mass suicide.  There would be no mystery.

2.  Mexico would be famous for being home to these flying superpredators.

Toxic fumes isn't a daft shout, unexpectedly dense concentrations of noxious gases have been the cause of mysterious mass death events throughout history, look up Lake Nyos for a particularly widespread and dramatic example of this kind of thing.

Do you have any knowledge of bird behavior?, I doubt it pal.

Either Pembrokeshire is full of toxic gas or flocks of birds get it wrong now and again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60345914

34 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

Do you have any knowledge of bird behavior?, I doubt it pal.

Either Pembrokeshire is full of toxic gas or flocks of birds get it wrong now and again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60345914

Not much but I don't see why you think that's relevant.  All I'm saying is it's not as daft a shout as it initially sounds since there is precedence for that sort of event occurring, I'm not telling you it's what happened.  

Also worth bearing in mind that similar events can have different catalysts, for instance the erosion patterns that formed the Grand Canyon bear a visual resemblance to a Lichtenberg figure but that doesn't mean the canyon was formed by an almighty lightning bolt.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

"On the advice of my counsel, I reserve my right to invoke the Fifth Amendment..."

Yep. Any sane person would do the same.

Hopefully, immediately following that however would come...

"You're under arrest for multiple counts of violation of every single financial corruption law we actually have one for...including the one involving chickens which hasn't come up since 1836."

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yep. Any sane person would do the same.

Hopefully, immediately following that however would come...

"You're under arrest for multiple counts of violation of every single financial corruption law we actually have one for...including the one involving chickens which hasn't come up since 1836."

As if it mattered. Not like you couldn't fill several football stadiums with financial criminals from DC, NYC and London etc. Let's get it over. Hang Trump as long as you follow it up with Obama, Bush and  Clinton. Prison for life is better though. More suffering for the dollar.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Perhaps could have put this in the cvnts of our time thread, but...

FMStAjgXMAI24hA.jpg

Mr Abbott, you and the book-thumping fundies you're in hock to are an embarrassment to our species.

That is a pretty bold statement.  There is a lot of concern that these clinics are not doing nearly enough counselling and psychological review before they proceed with irreversible surgery on Children.  I think you will be on the wrong side of history here.

• Like 1