Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-60685141

"[Yoon] has pledged to abolish the Ministry of Gender Equality and has blamed the rise of feminism for the low birth rate in a country which has one of the worst records on women's rights in the developed world."

"He is more hawkish on foreign policy than the current liberal leader Moon Jae-in."

Sigh.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

More misogyny, just what the world needs ffs

Yeah. As if we needed any more, especially over here.

Yes, fellas, it's totally the fault of the women that your lives are shit, not the fault of the lawmakers and bosses, almost entirely blokes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/09/2021 at 00:01, Pliskin said:

I think nationally security is balancing on a knifes edge at the moment, probably more so than usual. I don’t know why, but I just get the feeling there’s going to be a major incident over the next few years which will be the result of some kind of showcasing of military capacity. 

I just think the fall out from the pandemic and the realisation we’ve got the change the way we live to save the planet will be more than some are willing to take. There seems to be a lot of tension bubbling away again, and a few political hand grenades have already been thrown. 

Looking back and came across this one.

Seven hells Snake, can I have today's Lotto numbers?

https://www.bbc.com/news/60710226

Are the Repubs so blindly ready for Judgement Day and to meet their maker that they want to take everyone else with them? Actually, don't answer that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60710227

Well, at least some legal officials in Texas aren't driven by book-thumping intolerance. Shame about most of the elected officials, though.

2 hours ago, bovril said:

I've taken the piss out of Truss before but it seems she deserves credit here

What a relief two of the former foreign securities who failed to sort this aren't the two most powerful men in the country.......oh wait.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

What a relief two of the former foreign securities who failed to sort this aren't the two most powerful men in the country.......oh wait.

I will never forget boris’ actions (and lack of) when she was first detained. It says everything you need to know about the man.

but as for now I am just so happy to see that picture of her finally on the plane. 

13 hours ago, bovril said:

Delighted Nazanin is finally coming home.  An emotional day. 

on Truss yes and no.  This has been a long and painful process which goes back to the 1970s.  I suspect the reality here is that the politics simply moved enough that this could be resolved, and that is down to the need to buy Iranian oil.  Previously the stars have never quite aligned between the Iran, the US and UK, even though the US paid back a similar debt under Obama to get the nuclear deal over the line.  The UK position that they don't pay any regime for the release of prisoners is also important.  

44 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

on Truss yes and no.  This has been a long and painful process which goes back to the 1970s.  I suspect the reality here is that the politics simply moved enough that this could be resolved, and that is down to the need to buy Iranian oil.  Previously the stars have never quite aligned between the Iran, the US and UK, even though the US paid back a similar debt under Obama to get the nuclear deal over the line.  The UK position that they don't pay any regime for the release of prisoners is also important.  

I live near to Brize Norton. I was just taking some rubbish out to the bins and I think I saw Nazanin’s plane coming in (there was only one scheduled tonight…).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bovril said:

13 hours ago, Facecloth said:

10 hours ago, rachhere said:

I will never forget boris’ actions (and lack of) when she was first detained. It says everything you need to know about the man.

but as for now I am just so happy to see that picture of her finally on the plane. 

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

from what I can work out, her coming home is nothing to do with diplomacy but more to do with the fact we settled a £400m debt we ‘owed’ Iran for the commissioning of 1,500 tanks they ordered and paid for that were never delivered 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

from what I can work out, her coming home is nothing to do with diplomacy but more to do with the fact we settled a £400m debt we ‘owed’ Iran for the commissioning of 1,500 tanks they ordered and paid for that were never delivered 

Lets hope not. Otherwise we have just set a precedent that unlawful arrests can be made on UK citizens and we just cough up the cash.

Either she was a spy trying to overthrow the Iranian government or she wasn't.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bovril said:

She does - particularly given her bumbling predecessors and in particular BJ's ill informed statement that Ms Zaghari-Ratcliffe was out there training journalists which increased her sentence. She has certainly worked tirelessly to secure Nazanin's release whilst some very committed people in the foreign office have found a way to settle the IMS debt in full compliance with UK and international sanctions and all legal obligations. Saying that, it was the change in the Iranian government that was instrumental in this happening - which Truss freely acknowledges. 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Over 130 feared dead in plane crash in China.

Saw some dashcam footage, not sure if it's real or not, but it looked like a missile hitting the ground. Could be deliberate by the pilot.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, bovril said:

Saw some dashcam footage, not sure if it's real or not, but it looked like a missile hitting the ground. Could be deliberate by the pilot.

I've just seen that. I'm no expert but I've watched enough Air Crash Investigation to know that a plane crashing like that is really unusual, so I thought that too.

Hopefully those on board didn't get long to think about what was going on

On 17/03/2022 at 09:01, kenny said:

Lets hope not. Otherwise we have just set a precedent that unlawful arrests can be made on UK citizens and we just cough up the cash.

Either she was a spy trying to overthrow the Iranian government or she wasn't.

You dont have to overthrow govts to be a spy ……. I couldn’t possibly comment on whether she was working for HMG ……….