Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

On 23/03/2022 at 01:11, Jon the Hat said:

Do you actually have an argument to support this ridiculous situation though?  It is easy to throw criticism at anyone who challenges it, but harder to actually explain how it is a good thing that a man who identifies as a woman should have the right to compete in women's sport, impacting women in any number of ways.

Do you acknowledge the existence of trans people Jon?

It's unclear to me if you are using "man who identifies as a woman" to refer to all transwomen or because you think (cis)male athletes would pretend to be trans to compete as women. 

4 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Would it not make more sense just to have trans men/trans women divisions? They get to identify as their gender and there’s no controversy around biology and genetics. Seems the most productive way of dealing with it, I don’t think it could be considered transphobic in the same way not having mixed men’s/women’s divisions isn’t sexist?

Trans-World-Sport1.png

Let’s not get too bogged down on what people decide what they want to be and just keep things simple by allowing anyone born one sex can compete against people born the same sex ..  I’m not discriminating here ..  maybe trans people would actually agree with this. 

this is the guys who replaced all their workers with foreign employees earning less than £2 an hr 

P&O Ferries: Not consulting on job cuts broke law, boss admits https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60862933

P&O Ferries boss Peter Hebblethwaite has admitted to MPs that a decision to sack 800 workers last week without notice broke the law. He said there was "absolutely no doubt" that under UK employment law the firm was required to consult unions before making the mass cuts. However, he said no union would have accepted the plan and it was easier to compensate workers "in full" instead. The P&O boss also said he would make the same decision again if he had to.

what a vile scumbag.

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The world: omg Putin 

Meanwhile:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60858999

Guys, look at me! Look at meeeee! Why is nobody looking at me?!!!? 

The latest episode of Itaewon Class had more attention over here than this. Goes to show, really.

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

this is the guys who replaced all their workers with foreign employees earning less than £2 an hr 

P&O Ferries: Not consulting on job cuts broke law, boss admits https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60862933

P&O Ferries boss Peter Hebblethwaite has admitted to MPs that a decision to sack 800 workers last week without notice broke the law. He said there was "absolutely no doubt" that under UK employment law the firm was required to consult unions before making the mass cuts. However, he said no union would have accepted the plan and it was easier to compensate workers "in full" instead. The P&O boss also said he would make the same decision again if he had to.

what a vile scumbag.

A while back, they used to use tar and feathers for situations like this.

Just saying.

On 25/03/2022 at 19:30, MPH said:

lol

probably one of the funniest videos I have seen in a while!

North Korea Hwasong-17 launch gets Hollywood-style effects https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60877578

i never dreamt  that this funniest ever video would be beaten so quickly, but I think I just saw a video on twitter of Will Smith walking on stage at the Oscars no less and slapping Chris Rock… was the for real? Or some part of a sketch? It has to be a hoax surely…. Chuffin funny though…

54 minutes ago, MPH said:

i never dreamt  that this funniest ever video would be beaten so quickly, but I think I just saw a video on twitter of Will Smith walking on stage at the Oscars no less and slapping Chris Rock… was the for real? Or some part of a sketch? It has to be a hoax surely…. Chuffin funny though…

Real. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

"Welcome to Earth!"

• Haha 2

Wept. Sure his wife will claim it was just an "entanglement" between the two... 

Respect to Chris Rock for handling it as he did. If it was me, the red mist would descend and I wouldn't have just carried on. 

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

The joke was pretty low, but no way deserves to be assaulted. Can’t believe Will Smith was allowed to stay and get his Oscar and not get kicked out at best, let alone arrested for assault.

I wish it would've been someone like Dave Chappelle instead. That would've ended very differently. Credit to Chris Rock for not making a big deal of it

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

shares in Ricky gervais drop through the floor this morning…..

Yes, can you imagine if the audience reacted like this to Ricky Gervais 😂 

Chris Rock took it well. 

Comedy is always edgy; I’m assuming Will Smith was having a bad day. 

I mean it's a pretty stupid joke taking the piss out of her hair when he has alopecia... but f****** hell. How can he be allowed to do that and just sit there, not only just sit there but then go and pick up an award. 

They've both come across as highly unlikeable over the last few years, so far up their own backside. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

If you’re going to get up and slap somebody in front of the world you really need to be dropping them imo lol wild behaviour 

Every time I watch it, it looks like a pretty shit TV slap. I swear Rock starts moving before Will even does anything. 

52 minutes ago, Sly said:

Yes, can you imagine if the audience reacted like this to Ricky Gervais 😂 

Chris Rock took it well. 

Comedy is always edgy; I’m assuming Will Smith was having a bad day. 

I think Chris was possibly going a little too far. Even when he looked at Jada and was appeared to not be amused he carried on. There was a point where Chris needed to stop and he didn't instead Will had to do it for him. Maybe for Will it would have been better for him and Jada to have just got up and left. Instead of walking up and hitting him one. 

Edited by Leicesterpool