Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

The reaction of an unhappy man who couldn't be arsed with the "why didn't you stand up for me arguments" at home lol

Part of me still thinks it staged, to an extent at least. Or Will Smith was jokingly slapping him, if he was particularly angry surely you'd punch? The smirk as he walks past. Only seen snippets though and haven't read anything from Smith or Rock since. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The reaction of an unhappy man who couldn't be arsed with the "why didn't you stand up for me arguments" at home lol

Part of me still thinks it staged, to an extent at least. Or Will Smith was jokingly slapping him, if he was particularly angry surely you'd punch? The smirk as he walks past. Only seen snippets though and haven't read anything from Smith or Rock since. 

Definitely agree with the first part, but not staged. Will wasn't angry, but felt he had to do something so went for the slap - and followed it up by getting away from the situation and start yelling (because if he yelled in Chris' face, he could have been smacked back). If Chris wasn't struggling to get his words out after I might have thought it was staged but he really was flustered - and handled it well. I bet 50% of him wanted to knock Will out and 50% of him just wanted to leave the stage asap - but the producers would have been in his ear "get to the award, get to the award NOW"

It's clearly a set up. They are both smirking after. Smith only slaps with his fingers, Rock doesn't even put an arm up to defend. I think Smith might have caught him harder than they intended, but its a set up. 

The rating for the Oscars is struggling, but now we're all talking about it, it obvious it was arranged. People claiming their reactions prove it wasn't, they are both actors, one has just won best actor, they can convey emotions they aren't feeling better than most.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It's clearly a set up. They are both smirking after. Smith only slaps with his fingers, Rock doesn't even put an arm up to defend. I think Smith might have caught him harder than they intended, but its a set up. 

The rating for the Oscars is struggling, but now we're all talking about it, it obvious it was arranged. People claiming their reactions prove it wasn't, they are both actors, one has just won best actor, they can convey emotions they aren't feeling better than most.

What does Will Smith get out ot it? 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Staged 

58 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

"Before he even does anything"

23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

There's no way that's staged.  Rock is so flustered doesn't know what to say and awkwardly moves onto doing the award. You can see in Will's face as he's shouting keep my wife's name out your ****** mouth and then his acceptance/apologies speech that is very real.

If you see something on the internet now peoples automatic reaction is that its fake news/staged.  Just because something is shocking doesn't mean it isn't real.

• Like 1

Doesn't look like Smiths slap even connected with Rock. He assaults him on stage with no repercussions and minutes later is allowed to collect his award? Struggling to believe that this isn't staged to some extent. 

• Like 1

Assaults in public are usually dealt with harshly by the law. For an international icon and role model Smith has to be prosecuted. 

The 'joke' by Rock was crap but comedy, satire etc.,  we are told is edgy and usually controversial. Smith, who initially laughed, knows that better than anyone. 

The Academy is spineless. 

21 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

There's no way that's staged.  Rock is so flustered doesn't know what to say and awkwardly moves onto doing the award. You can see in Will's face as he's shouting keep my wife's name out your ****** mouth and then his acceptance/apologies speech that is very real.

If you see something on the internet now peoples automatic reaction is that its fake news/staged.  Just because something is shocking doesn't mean it isn't real.

I did not say it was staged, it just looked like a fake slap. (Watching it again **only seen it on my phone** he black suit gets lost in the black background, so you miss some of the movement of the arm). 

His reaction made it pretty clear it was real. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I thought this, but this happened before Smith won Best Actor - he apologised for it in his speech. For that reason I have to believe its real as there's no way Smith would have agreed to it knowing it would overshadow his first Oscar and for Best Actor no less.

It’s been pretty much confirmed by multiple people that it definitely wasn’t staged. Denzel Washington was seen after the slap having a few stern words with Will Smith. There’s absolutely no reason for them to set up something like that.

It’s probably a bit of an unpopular opinion but I think he’s made a right tit of himself. He knew he was winning the Oscar and he’s completely hijacked an entire evening for the sake of one completely inane joke. Nobody will talk about the other winners now. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Nobody is talking about the Oscars. Everyone is talking about Will Smith bitch slapping Chris Rock.

I only know that Will Smith won the Best Actor award because of his acceptance/apology speech. Absolutely no clue who won Best Actress/Best Picture/Best Director etc.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, oakman said:

Doesn't look like Smiths slap even connected with Rock. He assaults him on stage with no repercussions and minutes later is allowed to collect his award? Struggling to believe that this isn't staged to some extent. 

I think the reasons people think it was staged is why will smith wasnt ejected. Ratings are in the bin and carting off a superstar for conduct probably would've resulted in ratings dropping

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Not sure what's weirder, the fact Will Smith just assaulted Chris Rock on live television or that people think it's some sort of stunt?

Some people will always react to anything like this by saying it was staged. No thought goes into it - it's just an automatic response.