Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Some reckon it was fake /staged but Will Smith seemed pretty angry and wound up.

Have to be be do something like that .

that's what I thought at first tbh, he walks away smirking but after watching it a few times I'm not to sure.

• Like 1

I’ve no idea what’s occurred at the Oscars, other than Chris Rock got slapped by Will Smith. 

Who won an award I hear you ask?

“No bloody idea and no one cares, haven’t for years”! 😂 

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’ve no idea what’s occurred at the Oscars, other than Chris Rock got slapped by Will Smith. 

Who won an award I hear you ask?

“No bloody idea and no one cares, haven’t for years”! 😂 

I'm not entirely sure as I didn't watch it but I heard something about Jada Pinkett-Smith winning something for her role in G.I Jane 2 

There has been some talk about whether they should remove the Oscar from Will Smith. However he’s either the best actor  this year or he isn’t. Whether he is a complete melt or not should be a different subject…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

There has been some talk about whether they should remove the Oscar from Will Smith. However he’s either the best actor  this year or he isn’t. Whether he is a complete melt or not should be a different subject…

It won't get removed. 

A public apology then.  But it’s come after it was announced the Company behind the Oscars was investigating him… and also  the wording  could be analyzed a bit… he addresses Chris rock directly but then adds “  there is no place for Violence in a world of love and kindness”… might be a little dig at Chris saying there was no love or kindness in his joke..

FCA33A07-10DD-47A8-B9B6-A9694E4C1C22.jpeg

Edited by MPH

34 minutes ago, MPH said:

A public apology then.  But it’s come after it was announced the Company behind the Oscars was investigating him… and also  the wording  could be analyzed a bit… he addresses Chris rock directly but then adds “  there is no place for Violence in a world of love and kindness”… might be a little dig at Chris saying there was no love or kindness in his joke..

FCA33A07-10DD-47A8-B9B6-A9694E4C1C22.jpeg

Apology seems half arsed. He had the opportunity  to apolgize last night and didnt.

Too little, too late for me. Trying to save his career from the backlash which seems to favour not resorting to violence.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MPH said:

It would be a joke if they did. There are proven nonces and rapist who still have their awards. He apologised, it was out of character, Rock didn't press charges so seems to have accepted the apology, draw a line under it and move on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

People always say stuff like it was "half arsed" or "didn't seem genuine". Its like tourettes, it just comes out no matter what the person says, and said with little thought.

He did apologise on the night, and then again in this statement. It won't damage his career at all, he's one of Hollywood's most bankable stars and it was totally out of character. You're going on like he's been found molesting children. Will Smith has had weird couple of years in the press with some of the stuff about his marriage going public, and was mocked over it, yet he's still bring in millions at the box office and winning the biggest award in acting. He's not apologising to save a career, he doesn't need to save it.

21 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It's clearly a set up. They are both smirking after. Smith only slaps with his fingers, Rock doesn't even put an arm up to defend. I think Smith might have caught him harder than they intended, but its a set up. 

The rating for the Oscars is struggling, but now we're all talking about it, it obvious it was arranged. People claiming their reactions prove it wasn't, they are both actors, one has just won best actor, they can convey emotions they aren't feeling better than most.

I'm surprised he apologized at all considering it was clearly a set up :whistle:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, frakenfox said:

Has Rock offered an apologyfor his part in it? I'd like to think it wasn't his intention to hurt.

I would imagine it's difficult for comedians to start apologising for their jokes as they'd have to go back through their career apologising for anything that could be deemed offensive. It wasn't a particularly funny joke but I don't think it was overly offensive either. It was certainly an overreaction on Will Smith's part and probably a result of his own personal struggles.

Equally the calls for Will Smith to hand his Oscar back are ridiculous. The two things are completely separate. Maybe he shouldn't have been allowed to stay and collect the award

Edited by foxfanazer

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I would imagine it's difficult for comedians to start apologising for their jokes as they'd have to go back through their career apologising for anything that could be deemed offensive. It wasn't a particularly funny joke but I don't think it was overly offensive either. It was certainly an overreaction on Will Smith's part and probably a result of his own personal struggles.

Equally the calls for Will Smith to hand his Oscar back are ridiculous. The two things are completely separate. Maybe he shouldn't have been allowed to stay and collect the award

Chris Rock won't apologise. Will Smith will keep his Oscar. The world will keep on turning and we'll get through this in the same way our ancestors got through the Black Death and two world wars.

• Haha 2

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Chris Rock won't apologise. Will Smith will keep his Oscar. The world will keep on turning and we'll get through this in the same way our ancestors got through the Black Death and two world wars.

.... though hopefully not with similar mass burials.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It was funny but I agree that it's been blown out of proportion. Nobody needs cancelling that's for sure 

• Like 1