Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

People always say stuff like it was "half arsed" or "didn't seem genuine". Its like tourettes, it just comes out no matter what the person says, and said with little thought.

He did apologise on the night, and then again in this statement. It won't damage his career at all, he's one of Hollywood's most bankable stars and it was totally out of character. You're going on like he's been found molesting children. Will Smith has had weird couple of years in the press with some of the stuff about his marriage going public, and was mocked over it, yet he's still bring in millions at the box office and winning the biggest award in acting. He's not apologising to save a career, he doesn't need to save it.

I wont fully diasgree with your comment  but the one person he really needed to apologize to he didnt. He purposely left him out which to me was a second bitch slap and only did so via social media because of backlash. Half arsed, not genuine, doesnt really matter how you choose to label it but to me it missed the mark.

Can he feel upset about the joke? Of course he can. 

Will this damage his star? Overall, probably  not fully but I can see how he might get passed over for some things and be left out the dry for a little while.

You can't reward that behavior any time soon. What message does that send? Disagree with someone for some edgy, and cringey comedy joke go ahead slap them lol.

Just my opinion. I like Will Smith a lot he is one of my favorite actors so really disappointed to see that reaction from him. Perhaps these two need to get together and hash it out man to man with words.

Side note, if he has already personally apologized via phone or in person then thats a good step to get over this.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Thanks 1

Big news over here for the last few years (spot light at least).

The metis and indigenous communities seeking apology (from the pope himself) for how they were mistreated. I grew up with some kids who were indigenous and safe the say they came from low income, broken homes and at the time we didnt know about these sort of things. They didnt have an easy life but were the nicest of people to me. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/28/pope-canada-indigenous-schools-apology-abuse-children

Shameful history and id like to see the church apologize for this. They arent asking for too much IMO.

Edited by Jattdogg

19 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

The metis and indigenous communities seeking apology (from the pope himself) for how they were mistreated. I grew up with some kids who were indigenous and safe the say they came from low income, broken homes and at the time we didnt know about these sort of things. They didnt have an easy life but were the nicest of people to me. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/28/pope-canada-indigenous-schools-apology-abuse-children

Shameful history and id like to see the church apologize for this. They arent asking for too much IMO.

Yep. Along with a great many other heinous mistreatments of innocent people in the name of a peace-loving deity from that church.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

16 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yep. Along with a great many other heinous mistreatments of innocent people in the name of a peace-loving deity from that church.

We haven’t even begun to scratch the surface on what that church is responsible for. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We haven’t even begun to scratch the surface on what that church is responsible for. 

Agreed.

Though tbh I reckon they're just the biggest sect responsible for such terrible things, rather than being a particular example of it.

12 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Agreed.

Though tbh I reckon they're just the biggest sect responsible for such terrible things, rather than being a particular example of it.

Sadly if we learnt anything over the past 30-40 years its that people are still very capable of terrible things for their own gratification when put in a position to dehumanize their victims.

Edited by Jon the Hat

23 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Sadly if we learnt anything over the past 30-40 years its that people are still very capable of terrible things for their own gratification when put in a position to dehumanize their victims.

That's true.

The organised piety is just a mechanism by which to do so.

• Like 1

Hopefully this will smith incident will serve as some sort of watershed moment and folks will start to think and behave in more constructive ways. (Me included)

I mean in a single base moment we saw how self destructive we have become. You  can try to leverage an opinion off the incident (standing up for who you think is the 'real' victim is for example) but it's not gonna resonate and the hypocrisy will be too excruciating to digest  because  the bottom line is one human struck another at an event  celebrating the best of human art and we all saw it for all its ugliness  ..like a giant mirror reflecting back at us

On 29/03/2022 at 12:31, Finnegan said:

It's the same as the hypocrites that obsessively bought all the gossip mags and tabloids to fund the Paparazzi machine that destroyed Britney Spears all then jumping on the #freebritney movement 20 years later. 

It's all fvcking vile. 

Absolutely vile. It's the simpletons and wannabe celebs that read this trash. That they think they are gaining some kind of personal insight into the lives of the rich and famous. They're not. It's all fabrication and spin to promote and further glamourise the celebs and create income and royalties for both them and their agents as well as the income generated for the media by the dimwits (in general) that pay for that stuff.

Also worth considering the fact that the "celebs" themselves fully go along with it for their own gains.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Indeed shocking news. I'm prepared to accept the kind words so many people will have to say about him. 

But I have a different view of him on a personal level and whilst I wouldn't wish death on the guy, I can't pretend I liked him. 

6 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

That's worse because of the racial element and the fact it was actually sent to Rashford. 

The judge said he felt that Rashford was targeted for the colour of his skin. The question is whether that was actually proven, does this individual have any history of racially abusing other people? Or was he reacting due to the penalty miss and felt entitled to use a racist slur?

Individuals who are motivated by hate: 'targeted based on the colour of his skin' are more likely to offend again and more likely to escalate. Someone who is motivated by anger at a penalty miss is far less likely to go out and assault someone. 

I don't trust our justice system so I assume it was actually the latter and the only reason he spent time in prison was public outrage and an institutional need to be seen to be doing something about racism. But he could be sending 100s of racist tweets out and have a criminal record for racially aggravated crimes in which case it would be just.