Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

3 hours ago, Bert said:

https://www.leics.police.uk/news/leicestershire/news/2022/may/help-needed-to-locate-twins-missing-from-mountsorrel/ 

Two girls been missing from Mountsorrel since late Saturday night…. 

https://www.leics.police.uk/news/leicestershire/news/2022/may/missing-girls-found-safe-and-well/

Thankfully been found and seem to be safe and well. 

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

Israeli government murdering journalists like usual, they're the real terrorists along with governments like those of Saudi Arabia USA and others. That's the real triangle and axis of evil. 

They created and supported gulf state backed groups like Al qaida and DAESH, and now we all suffer. It's funny they call them terrorists but they use the same techniques. Just as hamas and Iranian backed terror does as well.. All of them are terrorists, yet only some are condemned as such. 

And meanwhile, Europe looks the other way.

Britain as well. So much for democracy, if your ally does it its not a crime whether it be bombing children in Yemen or killing journalists in Palestine. 

If it were Russia we'd be hearing about it 24/7... Only some countries can commit crimes against humanity it seems. All of them are to be blamed let me be clear i take no sides, but I'm sick od this hypocrisy. 

May her soul rest in peace. 

And of course, if anyone does dare criticise the Israeli govt, they have their knee-jerk (but effective) smear tactic response, ready to go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

And of course, if anyone does dare criticise the Israeli govt, they have their knee-jerk (but effective) smear tactic response, ready to go.

Yes, there is seemingly no distinction between antisemite and antizionist anymore, which Israel and some high profile Jewish celebrities now routinely use to their advantage, sadly, like that odious troll Rachel Riley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

Israeli government murdering journalists like usual, they're the real terrorists along with governments like those of Saudi Arabia USA and others. That's the real triangle and axis of evil. 

They created and supported gulf state backed groups like Al qaida and DAESH, and now we all suffer. It's funny they call them terrorists but they use the same techniques. Just as hamas and Iranian backed terror does as well.. All of them are terrorists, yet only some are condemned as such. 

And meanwhile, Europe looks the other way.

Britain as well. So much for democracy, if your ally does it its not a crime whether it be bombing children in Yemen or killing journalists in Palestine. 

If it were Russia we'd be hearing about it 24/7... Only some countries can commit crimes against humanity it seems. All of them are to be blamed let me be clear i take no sides, but I'm sick od this hypocrisy. 

May her soul rest in peace. 

Just checking that you know 100% that she was shot by an Israeli soldier ?  it’s possible that it was a tragedy where she has been caught in crossfire ……. there is also the distinction that if was an Israeli bullet, there will be an investigation (although unless the bullet was fired from a metre away then you’d doubt there would be any sanction). If the shot was fired from the Palestinian side then you can be pretty certain that no one will care …….. 

EDIT: just catching up with the latest reports on this and there seems to be little doubt that she was killed by an Israeli soldier.  Unfortunately, Israel are v v unlikely to take the ‘murderer’ to court martial.  They will investigate internally and they will find out who was responsible but they won’t publicly take it any further. 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

This is often the case and it’s v frustrating for fair minded people on both sides of the divide  ……I suspect that a relaxation of that attitude would be followed by plenty of anti semitism …. Not all anti zionists are anti semites but I bet you a fair chunk of them are ….. of course, not all anti semites are anti zionists ……the worst ones probably don’t even know where Israel is ! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Facecloth said:

BBC News - Deborah James, host of Big C podcast, honoured with damehood
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61428975

Heartwarming news story.

Amazing. The podcast is a great listen actually. Her "farewell" chat with Tony Livesey the other day had me in tears.

EDIT - her fundraiser for three cancer charities now stands at £4.25 million! 

https://justgiving.com/campaign/BowelbabeFund

Edited by stripeyfox
  • Like 1

Though it comes with the obvious caveat that talk is cheap and policy action is not (especially with combatting something this insidious and ingrained), this is a far cry from the last occupant of the White House, isn't it?

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

G'won Pat

Tesco shopper's plea to bring back till staff

Pat McCarthy

A Tesco shopper is urging the supermarket to "stop replacing people with machines" after she struggled to use the store's self-service checkouts.

Pat McCarthy, 69, started a petition calling for more cashiers on tills because "you can't speak to a machine".

• Like 1