Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

Am really fascinated into these type of stories; literally digging up/finding the past:

(Leicester Cathedral area)

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/gallery/more-120-ancient-graves-uncovered-7187925

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-61766186

Just shows that a lot of history can be found anywhere.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Banks not taking it well if his subsequent Twitter feed is to be believed.

Don't worry Arron, I'm sure Vlad will find time away from his presently busy schedule to ship you a little bit to cover court costs and you can go back to making threatening "jokes" at teenage girls.

Edited by leicsmac

This was in the paper today and was exhibited during a fashion show for men in London yesterday ...  OMG it's gorgeous !! ...  I've told everyone to club together and get it for me for Christmas.   I can only imagine the gasps and admiring glances that will come my way when I walk into the pub with it on on a Friday night ...  certainly put some of those scruffy farmers to shame that's for sure !! ...

IMG_8338.jpg

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

This was in the paper today and was exhibited during a fashion show for men in London yesterday ...  OMG it's gorgeous !! ...  I've told everyone to club together and get it for me for Christmas.   I can only imagine the gasps and admiring glances that will come my way when I walk into the pub with it on on a Friday night ...  certainly put some of those scruffy farmers to shame that's for sure !! ...

IMG_8338.jpg

Would go perfectly with your orange shorts, mate.

Once you'd impressed  your mates down the pub with this outfit, you could go home to Countryfox Manor and just rotate yourself around the walls and furniture and the dusting would be done, into the bargain. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Even the greatest criminal minds can make small but fatal mistakes. In the case of this woman, it was to publish a successful book detailing exactly what she planned to do:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61786575

Can’t decide whether she’s a lazy writer or lazy murderer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

You can't possibly think this is a good idea.

Some people think that embarrassing the kind of powerful people who move in the dark and should be sometimes embarrassed (or at least held accountable) is something one should be punished for, evidently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

At long last (hopefully).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61839256

Absolutely fvcking shameful. Another outrageous betrayal of the rule of law, media freedom and sets a dangerous precedent: Silencing journalists. The terrifying erosion of democracy continues. 

Anne Sacoolas sits in her mansion, Harry Dunn's family still have no justice for their son, and yet the establishment have the gall to bend over backwards to extradite a man who dared to expose the war crimes of western governments. 

Disgusting.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Over his manner in how he dealt with the rape accusation/s against him.

I don't see how that has anything to do with the information he made available in the public interest, which is what he's currently being extradited for - perhaps it might be better to separate the two.

9 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Over his manner in how he dealt with the rape accusation/s against him.

He should’ve faced the accusations in Sweden, absolutely. But it was Sweden, not the US, and as far as I recall they dropped the investigation. 

We shouldn’t conflate the two issues, but I do understand where you’re coming from.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Thanks 1

I'm  not going to comment on the rights or wrongs of this case. Just a question though about what is of public interest. Surely sometimes the public should not know everything because of national security or putting personal that serve the country at risk. On a trivial level we don't disclose everything about ourselves for others to know. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I'm  not going to comment on the rights or wrongs of this case. Just a question though about what is of public interest. Surely sometimes the public should not know everything because of national security or putting personal that serve the country at risk. On a trivial level we don't disclose everything about ourselves for others to know. 

It's a fair comment to make.

However, a counterpoint is that if a nation does an action that it later has to deny, then it was probably a shitty action in the first place, otherwise why deny it.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

He should’ve faced the accusations in Sweden, absolutely. But it was Sweden, not the US, and as far as I recall they dropped the investigation. 

We shouldn’t conflate the two issues, but I do understand where you’re coming from.

There's also the fact that Assange has proved himself to be a very willing friend of brutal dictatorships, most notably Belarus. He reportedly flew into Minsk once and handed over a huge cache of unredacted documents to the government - a government whose record on human rights is one of the worst in the world.

He has no ethical position other than his loathing of the US and its allies. That is perhaps not enough to make him a criminal, but the way his supporters hold him up as a beacon of freedom is somewhat sickening. 

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

There's also the fact that Assange has proved himself to be a very willing friend of brutal dictatorships, most notably Belarus. He reportedly flew into Minsk once and handed over a huge cache of unredacted documents to the government - a government whose record on human rights is one of the worst in the world.

He has no ethical position other than his loathing of the US and its allies. That is perhaps not enough to make him a criminal, but the way his supporters hold him up as a beacon of freedom is somewhat sickening. 

It's a fair point.

What is another fair point is that some of the information that has been covered makes it very clear that the US and its allies were (and are) "friends of brutal dictatorships" too, and have been since long before Assange started his work. Latin America being one big example.

What he did was make it very clear just how brutal realpolitik is on all sides and there isn't as much difference in terms of foreign policy between the big players as one might believe (or slickly delivered PR functions might espouse).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Good points.  Notable that Edward Snowden took asylum in Russia

• Like 1