Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

33 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

20 years for Ghislaine Maxwell.  Now off you f***

Wouldn't be surprised if she did what Epstein did after this.

Edited by Wymsey

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Also worth noting not a single one of the men she provided young girls for has been arrested, charged or identified.

Quelle surprise.

Maxwell being the fall girl, the next-level criminals aren't even identified, much less charged. Kinda hoping she does the brave thing and sings out about who her clientele were - though that's really selfish to suggest because in all likelihood it will cost her life, or everything apart from it.

Power corrupts.

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In other also in the news, the January 6 hearings today are lively.

Trump supposedly tried to choke a secret service agent who wouldn't drive him to the Capitol

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61970258

More on this.

Not exactly surprising, though - Trump being exactly the person he's been ever since he began to run for office, enough people evidently liked the veneer of charisma and the idea of him abusing power because it gave them licence to abuse power similarly.

Interesting tidbit at the bottom, deSantis probably looking to run in 2024 against Trump. I wouldn't mind that - there's many ways a Dem candidate could tackle him if he won the nomination.

52 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...of course it's that Congresswoman.

I would link the the original tweet, but I'm not sure I want to give her the oxygen of publicity.

How can that not be illegal?  I mean putting aside that in any normal country it would be political suicide, how is that not actually a crime?

46 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

How can that not be illegal?  I mean putting aside that in any normal country it would be political suicide, how is that not actually a crime?

I think - *think* - the 1st amendment might cover it, unfortunately. I'm not sure how unveiled a threat/incitement to violence has to be to come under criminal law in the US.

This one is pretty unveiled tbh.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Imagine my surprise to find out it’s America’s equivalent to Esther McVey and Nadine Dorries. Thick and extremely religious is a very dangerous combination.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Imagine my surprise to find out it’s America’s equivalent to Esther McVey and Nadine Dorries. Thick and extremely religious is a very dangerous combination.

The really depressing thing is that whilst it's not in the least bit surprising there's at least one other representative it could easily have been

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I would link the the original tweet, but I'm not sure I want to give her the oxygen of publicity.

I'm sure I've written about it on here but one of my oldest and dearest friends lives in California. Leicester born and bred. Just so happens to be British Asian, gay, his husband is a white American trans man and has just delivered their first child together. Quite literally every minority you can think of rolled into one. He was offered a job a couple of years ago - double what he was on - but he had to turn it down because it was in Washington State in a county that was quite ****ing literally 'MAGA country' and he couldn't guarantee his family's safety

As bad as things are in the UK, and they're really ****ing bad, America is on a majorly different scale as a society. We have hateful religious zealots here too, but at least they're not ****ing armed to the teeth and perfectly willing to target people.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm sure I've written about it on here but one of my oldest and dearest friends lives in California. Leicester born and bred. Just so happens to be British Asian, gay, his husband is a white American trans man and has just delivered their first child together. Quite literally every minority you can think of rolled into one. He was offered a job a couple of years ago - double what he was on - but he had to turn it down because it was in Washington State in a county that was quite ****ing literally 'MAGA country' and he couldn't guarantee his family's safety

As bad as things are in the UK, and they're really ****ing bad, America is on a majorly different scale as a society. We have hateful religious zealots here too, but at least they're not ****ing armed to the teeth and perfectly willing to target people.

Thats shocking. As bad as this country is at times we should look across the pond and think thank f**k we dont live there.

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The really depressing thing is that whilst it's not in the least bit surprising there's at least one other representative it could easily have been

Speaking of that other one representative...

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3540071-boebert-says-she-is-tired-of-separation-between-church-and-state-the-church-is-supposed-to-direct-the-government/

Sufficinently emboldened to say the quiet part loud now, then.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2022 at 07:14, Daggers said:

it seems to be an extremely crowded field in US politics - check out some of Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Green's deranged nonsense 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, surrifox said:

it seems to be an extremely crowded field in US politics - check out some of Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Green's deranged nonsense 

The scariest thing about it is that there is clearly enough people who buy into what they're saying to keep them elected, even with the foibles of the US political system where the minority can sometimes dictate policy to the majority.