Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

lol they’re just insane and they don’t care. 

Aren't they saying to legislate for it rather than impose it through regulatory bodies? Don't see the issue with that personally. 

2 hours ago, SMX11 said:

Aren't they saying to legislate for it rather than impose it through regulatory bodies? Don't see the issue with that personally. 

They know that legislation like that won’t get through both houses. laws are written and always have grey areas. It’s pretty standard for govt bodies to make rules and regs which are accepted on the back of the law without it being picked apart. Is it just Co incidence that this objection to the govt rules has come from republican states? 

the issue with the law is that it can be interpreted in different ways - find five lawyers and get five different views ! 

we rely on the courts to make unbiased judgments where challenges are made in order to set precedent. 

it seems that this has now become broken in the states. 

5 hours ago, SMX11 said:

Yeah, as per @st albans fox comments, lets not be disingenuous here.

It's patently obvious that this move is designed to limit environmental protection via bureaucracy so that the folks associated with the status quo (affiliated with both the folks who took it to the court and the Supreme Court justices themselves) can continue to make bank from oil, gas and coal. And it'll work, too.

And of course, when the consequences from such actions become apparent, in the form of vastly increased incidences of famine, thirst, suffering and death in various places in the world, these same people will just shrug and say something along the lines of "not my problem" or "no way this could have been predicted" and let those people suffer and die.

The blood will be on their hands.

All good here.

Unreal to have this stuff happening in Denmark. Especially after 3 days of pure Tour de France joy.. 

Thoughts and prayers to anyone caught in this. So sad.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Hope you and your families are safe, @shen, @Jonezy, @FerrisBueller and any other Copenhagen-based foxes.

Sending thoughts from Aarhus. 

All good thanks mate, nobody I know affected thankfully. Bizarrely I was actually out that way today at Den Blå Planet. Super sad to see this happen in a country I love for its peaceful way of life.

22 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Another mindless tragedy.

Alas, I find myself thinking, It's America, it happens.

The shooting in Copenhagen on the other hand, was out the ordinary.

Yet I heard some stateside politician defend their record by highlighting the shooting in Denmark. It happens in other places too, he said. 

Mmmm,  apparently 1/100 000 are a victim of gun violence in Denmark, 12/100,000 in good ole USA.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Another mindless tragedy.

Alas, I find myself thinking, It's America, it happens.

The shooting in Copenhagen on the other hand, was out the ordinary.

Yet I heard some stateside politician defend their record by highlighting the shooting in Denmark. It happens in other places too, he said. 

Mmmm,  apparently 1/100 000 are a victim of gun violence in Denmark, 12/100,000 in good ole USA.

If that stat is true then its apple to oranges only 11 more. On any given day that can change. What gun problem? Nothing to see here.

6 hours ago, Wymsey said:

I don't know why this is even reported in the UK anymore. It's not "news", it's as commonplace as special offers being announced by a retailer.

"Illinois Governor Jay Robert Pritzker has warned that mass shootings have now become a 'weekly American tradition'."

• Like 1